Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richardson Fall to Jets article

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Richardson Fall to Jets article

Don't know how I'd feel about getting a RB in first round, even one this good.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/090...-drafts-top-10

(16th overall pick) Rex Ryan is intent on restoring the "Ground and Pound" offense that carried the Jets to back-to-back AFC title games. Shonn Greene has shown flashes of being an effective runner, but Richardson is a significant upgrade talent-wise and his ability to do the dirty work between the tackles will bring back some of the toughness the offense lacked in 2011. Given the Jets' success when featuring a pair of talented runners in Ryan's first season, the addition of Richardson could be a priority in the draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he's there at 16 the value for BPA at that point is ridiculous. There's like a 2% chance he makes it past 11 though and he's not worth trading up for.

People shouldn't get their hopes up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he falls I am 100% for trading back and starting a bidding war for our pick. If we can get 2 extra picks in this drafts id be thrilled. Who knows maybe Cleveland would give the 22nd pick and next years 1st.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop dreaming folks, he's a top 5 player who isn't going to fall this far down. If he lands outside of the top 10 that in itself would be a miracle as teams would rush up the draft board to get him. I know a team further east that would probably be willing to trade a couple of 1st round picks for him alone. Adding him to that offense would be sick. He's the best RB prospect in years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson will be long gone by the time we pick.

Id love to grab David Wilson in Rnd 2. Heres a vid if you havent seen him yet:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqAd8H6Vt8A

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This article sounds like it came from Mad Magazine. There is no chance Richardson gets past Schiano and Tampa Bay@5. He had Ray Rice at Rutgers and will jump at the chance to get the same type of player now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Richardson will be long gone by the time we pick.

Id love to grab David Wilson in Rnd 2. Heres a vid if you havent seen him yet:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqAd8H6Vt8A
    +1

He'd be a great addition to the Backfield.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Stop dreaming folks, he's a top 5 player who isn't going to fall this far down. If he lands outside of the top 10 that in itself would be a miracle as teams would rush up the draft board to get him. I know a team further east that would probably be willing to trade a couple of 1st round picks for him alone. Adding him to that offense would be sick. He's the best RB prospect in years.
    +1

The thread should've ended with your post. He's awesome.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    This article sounds like it came from Mad Magazine. There is no chance Richardson gets past Schiano and Tampa Bay@5. He had Ray Rice at Rutgers and will jump at the chance to get the same type of player now.
    I don't think ray rice and Richardson are similar at all. I don't think the bucs are drafting a RB, they need help at CB, and Claiborne will be there for them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I don't think ray rice and Richardson are similar at all. I don't think the bucs are drafting a RB, they need help at CB, and Claiborne will be there for them.
    Where as I agree those will be the 2 guys for them and I have them going Clairborne. I don't think Clairborne vs Trent is a no duh need comparison. Trent has stud written all over him. Clairborne just looks like he will be a good CB in the pros. Trent will just be a hard pass for TB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no way you pass up Richardson if he's there at #16.

You wanna preach "ground and pound"? You wanna take some heat off Sanchez?

What better way than to bring in the best RB prospect since Peterson and the closest thing to Earl Campbell since Earl Campbell?

We need to start adding some playmakers to this offense. A guy like TRich fits the bill. Greene is an average at best starter and both McKnight and Powell are basically unknowns.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anything more useless than posting a youtube highlight video?

Every scrub, undrafted FA has one that is as impressive as one for a top 5 pick

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Is there anything more useless than posting a youtube highlight video?

Every scrub, undrafted FA has one that is as impressive as one for a top 5 pick
    This is so true. I remember back when Leinard and Young where sure picks I was obsessed with a QB named Darrell Hackney. His tapes where amazing but he was like 5ft tall and 165 lbs lol.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could see T-Rich falling to us. The biggest threat is Cleveland. TB, KC, & Seattle are also possibilites, even though they have bigger needs. Also, Cincy has 2 1st-round picks. I could see them trading up to get him.

We'll have to wait until free agency to get a better idea.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would LOVE to get a potential star RB but....Trent Richardson will be a Buccaneer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson to the Jets would be like manna from Heaven. Wilson would be deadly but T-Rich looks like a sure-fire winner

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Richardson to the Jets would be like manna from Heaven. Wilson would be deadly but T-Rich looks like a sure-fire winner
    Richardson wont make it past 7.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's really not insanse to think T-Rich will fall to us.

Remember, Mark Ingram didn't get drafted til late in the 1st round. And he was a Heisman winner

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I would LOVE to get a potential star RB but....Trent Richardson will be a Buccaneer.
    +1 Blount is their only good back T-Rich would give them a excellent combo..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    It's really not insanse to think T-Rich will fall to us.

Remember, Mark Ingram didn't get drafted til late in the 1st round. And he was a Heisman winner
    College accomplishments mean nothing -- Richardson is projected as a much better pro than Ingram was.

I'd be very surprised if Richardson fell all the way to 16, but if he's there, I think you have to take him.