Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie vetoes bill allowing same-sex marriage bill

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4371553]As a citizen of CT this should continue to help keep our wedding halls and catering establishments full. Thanks Chris![/QUOTE]

Yup, the celebrations of matrimonial similacra are so joyous and undending they will never leave an empty behind. err, I meant empty hall behind.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4371669]No way.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes way.

[URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4366574#post4366574[/URL]

[URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4371225&postcount=3[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4371838]Yup, the celebrations of matrimonial similacra are so joyous and undending they will never leave an empty behind. err, I meant empty hall behind.[/QUOTE]

Your homophobia screams that you dabbled in playing just the tip in the high school locker room when you were in school in the 1920's.

Just admit that you like men's butts and call it a day, Flushing. You have nothing to fear from us here. We won't judge you.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4371849]Your homophobia screams that you dabbled in playing just the tip in the high school locker room when you were in school in the 1920's.

Just admit that you like men's butts and call it a day, Flushing. You have nothing to fear from us here. We won't judge you.[/QUOTE]

For the last time, NO! I don't want discount tickets to the Buffalo touring
    company of La Cage Aux Folles!

And I don't care if you don't wear the pants in your household neither!

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=piney;4371667]I think it is political BS because he isn't really a strict social conservative, or at least, has not really displayed that part of his persona.[/QUOTE]

He has towed the line for the pro-life vote, too.

[URL="http://www.northjersey.com/news/health/051111_Weinberg_leads_inquiry_on_womens_health_care_cuts.html"]http://www.northjersey.com/news/health/051111_Weinberg_leads_inquiry_on_womens_health_care_cuts.html[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    ...“This is, I really believe, a war on women that is starting at the national level and has unfortunately seeped into the fabric of the State of New Jersey,” said Weinberg, who accused Christie of cutting funding for family planning centers not as a budgetary issue but because he’s fostering national political ambitions.

Christie last year cut $7.5 million in family planning services and vetoed a bill to restore it. Weinberg is now pushing Christie to add $1 million in the budget for health services for women up to twice the federal poverty level so New Jersey could get a $9 million federal match...
    [/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.northjersey.com/news/state/governor/Christie_kicks_off_health_center_week.html"]http://www.northjersey.com/news/state/governor/Christie_kicks_off_health_center_week.html[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    ...But Democrats said Christie's proclamation was hypocritical, because he has vetoed funding for women's health, cut money for an AIDS drug program and presided over the closing of family planning centers. Christie also shaved hundreds of millions from state spending on Medicaid, a health care program for low-income residents, before signing the 2012 budget...
    [/QUOTE]

All League
    This is so stoopid it hurts my head.

Does anyone think it is ok (or constitutional) to allow a man and a woman to sign a contract but to bar a man and a man or a woman and a woman from signing the exact same contract?

All Pro
    some people are stupid

the same people who know there is a difference between a diamond and
    CZ

between Hellman's and Miracle Whip

tell me there is no difference between marriage and a cheesy social climbing wannabe imitation

those people will fall for / vote for / eat anything

[QUOTE=cr726;4371650]Lets hear the Christie supporters defend this. This a pure political bs, he wants to run for President and would rather deny a certain groups rights, so he can appease the right.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think this needs defending?

It amazes me how often the minority are given what they want, this is a case I think where those who scream the loudest get what they want.

I hope this is the begining of the worm turning in this situation. Please don't ask me to defend that. Its what I believe.

[QUOTE=OCCH;4371657]I won't pretend to know Christie's intentions, but is it really impossible he sincerely shares an opinion that many other people subscribe to?

Or is it automatically BS because you don't agree?[/QUOTE]

This is something that should be legislated. This is Christie worrying about his Presidential run.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4371860]For the last time, NO! I don't want discount tickets to the Buffalo touring
    company of La Cage Aux Folles!

And I don't care if you don't wear the pants in your household neither![/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!!! :D:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Obviously this is done with Christie looking for national attention but as a practical matter America will never elect someone as fat as him.

All League
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4371998]Obviously this is done with Christie looking for national attention but as a practical matter America will never elect someone as fat as him.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that but since so many Americans are "heavy set"... Some of Christie’s actions and claims will draw a lot of fire when they are given the greater scrutiny that the tiny NJ political press core cannot give him and that the national press core can give him.

IMHO that will be he undoing.

All Pro
    Blatant human inequality will end sooner or later.

If Chrisite does want to run in 2016. This will probably help him in the GOP primaries (he'll have tough competition with Rubio, McDonnell, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul, Jindal, Thune, Daniels, Haley?) but by 2016 will likely hurt him in the general. If he does win the GOP nom, may face of with a fellow govonor who didn't veto and in fact pushed for gay marriage in their state (Cuomo and O'Malley)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4371998]Obviously this is done with Christie looking for national attention but as a practical matter America will never elect someone as fat as him.[/QUOTE]

Nope, NEVUR!

[B]Grover Cleveland

Height: 5′ 11″
    Weight: 305 pounds

William Howard Taft

Height: 6′
    Weight: 335 pounds
    [/B]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4372059]Nope, NEVUR!

[B]Grover Cleveland

Height: 5′ 11″
    Weight: 305 pounds

William Howard Taft

Height: 6′
    Weight: 335 pounds
    [/B][/QUOTE]

What do they have in common...it's before TV.

Appearances matters.

Plus Christie make those two fatties look emaciated.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4372085]What do they have in common...it's before TV.

Appearances matters.

Plus Christie make those two fatties look emaciated.[/QUOTE]

Oh please. You probably voted for your own local deceased traitorous tub o' lard for everything he ran for short of dog catcher even after he let his (possibly pregnant) goumada drown. Maybe Tip O'Neill for all I know too.

[QUOTE=cr726;4371650]Lets hear the Christie supporters defend this. This a pure political bs, he wants to run for President and would rather deny a certain groups rights, so he can appease the right.[/QUOTE]

I support the guy. He's wrong on this.

[QUOTE=Ernie;4371746]Marriage is a right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's the reason anti-interracial marriage laws were struck down in Loving v. Virginia.

Is this news?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4372096]Oh please. You probably voted for your own local deceased traitorous tub o' lard for everything he ran for short of dog catcher even after he let his (possibly pregnant) goumada drown. Maybe Tip O'Neill for all I know too.[/QUOTE]

Nice personal attack but a tad off topic. Christies size is a problem. To pretend otherwise is foolish.