Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Act of Valor opens this weekend. Anyone seeing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    Ugh...how's Malcolm Floyd doing? Cinematicly, it was an awful movie. If you are in the film industry you should just accept that and move on. As far as shedding light on what these cats do, it was unbelievable. These men keep our enemies up at night and are honestly some of the most bad-ssness on the face of the Earth.
    He's Canadian. That's why he hates it...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    Ugh...how's Michael Floyd doing? .
    Actually he's doing great. reports thus far are pointing towards as advertised.

But I'm sure u knew that. And I'm sure you also knew how high I was on Coples. I'm ecstatic

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    He's Canadian. That's why he hates it...
    I don't have time for your xenophobic bullsh*t. The last guy that talked like that got a ban. I'll flip over to the authorities too if I'm in the mood.

Jets Insider VIP
    I personally know one of SEAL's brothers.
    Last edited by SBIII; 07-05-2012 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't have time for your xenophobic bullsh*t. The last guy that talked like that got a ban. I'll flip over to the authorities too if I'm in the mood.
    LOL, just LOL.

I don't understand why people feel the need to jump in and **** on threads because they don't like it.

Hall Of Fame
    You're too old to be like this. Beating a dead horse. You've established your dislike for him. Others hold him in a different regard. Deal with it.

No one on the other hand, applauded anything about Act of Valor behind some well shot sequences.

I do work in the film industry. This is something of an area I feel OK talking about. But if you're gonna be a dickhead as usual about it - then peace. I'm out.
    LOL--no one applauded anything about the film, yet everyone applauded Tree of Life. Tried to watch a few minutes of it the other night and it was, as expected, more of Mallick's "genius", bloated, self-important, meandering crap.

When someone calls it a "transcendent achievement", you know it's just some movie industry faux intelligentsia type blowing smoke up some faux genius' ass. LOL, people "hold him in a different regard"--Mallick's like the King with his new clothes.

Get over the acting in Valor--it was a military action film, the truest of it's genre.

Would you have been happier if Jason Statham were in it and Michael Bay had directed it?

YOU stop beating a dickhead, take it for what it was.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Who's Mallick?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Who's Mallick?
    Paradis' favorite dierctor.

A cinematic genius, heralded by the film industry elite.

_

Who's Mallick?
    From Conan the Destroyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post

thread winner.

Who's Mallick?
    The Thin Red Line... And a bunch of nothing else noteworthy...

Hall Of Fame
    The Thin Red Line... And a bunch of nothing else noteworthy...
    LOL--that was the start of mine and Paradis' feud over Mallick.

Outstanding novel of war and when I heard it was going to be made into a movie I was thrilled.

He bastardized it into a dreamy ethereal imagery laden piece of crap that literally threw the novel out and he created a film loosely based on some of the characters in his own vision.

Awful. If he had just made a war movie with his vision and not killed The Thin Red Line, I would not have cared.

At Paradis' behest, I saw The New World and it was similarly awful--and I love Colin Farrell.

He's one of those reclusive faux geniuses that does a movie every 20 years and the lapdogs in Hollywood can't wait for his next piece of tripe.

The worst kind of Chardonay drinkers LOVE this guy.

You see them awestruck at MOMA deeply discussing the artist's vision of the blank white canvas hanging on the wall entitled "Vacuous".

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    LOL--that was the start of mine and Paradis' feud over Mallick.

Outstanding novel of war and when I heard it was going to be made into a movie I was thrilled.

He bastardized it into a dreamy ethereal imagery laden piece of crap that literally threw the novel out and he created a film loosely based on some of the characters in his own vision.

Awful. If he had just made a war movie with his vision and not killed The Thin Red Line, I would not have cared.

At Paradis' behest, I saw The New World and it was similarly awful--and I love Colin Farrell.

He's one of those reclusive faux geniuses that does a movie every 20 years and the lapdogs in Hollywood can't wait for his next piece of tripe.

The worst kind of Chardonay drinkers LOVE this guy.

You see them awestruck at MOMA deeply discussing the artist's vision of the blank white canvas hanging on the wall entitled "Vacuous".

_
    I don't disagree... I threw out the only movie he's done that most people would recognize immediately...

I hated the movie. Loved the book.

Hall Of Fame

I hated the movie. Loved the book.
    + infinity.

_

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post

I can't believe you pulled that one out.

All Pro
    I'm crushed, said the king to his court.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This started off being a recruiting commercial for the Navy, and they kept filming and filming until they realized that they should just make a movie out of it.
    LOL I actually plan to go watch it soon

I'm crushed, said the king to his court.
    Sometimes I can't tell if you're really arrogant, or just a buffoon.