Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One Town's War on Gay Teens

One Town's War on Gay Teens

[url]http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/one-towns-war-on-gay-teens-20120202?stop_mobi=yes[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    They called a dyke "cock muncher"? Kids. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    nobody cares, durden

community standards in muslim areas are more strict
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 02-21-2012 at 07:54 PM.

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373214][url]http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/one-towns-war-on-gay-teens-20120202?stop_mobi=yes[/url][/QUOTE]

Durden...

Anyone defending **** like this has serious problems:

[QUOTE] Brittany didn't look like most girls in blue-collar Anoka, Minnesota, a former logging town on the Rum River, a conventional place that takes pride in its annual Halloween parade it bills itself the "Halloween Capital of the World." Brittany was a low-voiced, stocky girl who dressed in baggy jeans and her dad's Marine Corps sweatshirts. By age 13, she'd been taunted as a "****" and "cock muncher" long before such words had made much sense. When she told administrators about the abuse, they were strangely unresponsive, even though bullying was a subject often discussed in school-board meetings. The district maintained a comprehensive five-page anti-bullying policy, and held diversity trainings on racial and gender sensitivity. Yet when it came to Brittany's harassment, school officials usually told her to ignore it, always glossing over the sexually charged insults. Like the time Brittany had complained about being called a "fat dyke": The school's principal, looking pained, had suggested Brittany prepare herself for the next round of teasing with snappy comebacks "I can lose the weight, but you're stuck with your ugly face" never acknowledging she had been called a "dyke." As though that part was OK. As though the fact that Brittany was bisexual made her fair game.
    So maybe she [I]was[/I] a fat dyke, Brittany thought morosely; maybe she deserved the teasing. She would have been shocked to know the truth behind the adults' inaction: [B]No one would come to her aid for fear of violating the districtwide policy requiring school personnel to stay "neutral" on issues of homosexuality.[/B] All Brittany knew was that she was on her own, vulnerable and ashamed, and needed to find her best friend, Samantha, fast.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
    Read more: [URL]http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/one-towns-war-on-gay-teens-20120202#ixzz1n6xmvAkZ[/URL]
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]
    [/QUOTE]

So much for "hate the sin, not the sinner", huh?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4373459]nobody cares, durden

community standards in muslim areas are more strict[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe the families and friends who killed themselves care. Or, ya know, anyone born with empathy. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373214][url]http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/one-towns-war-on-gay-teens-20120202?stop_mobi=yes[/url][/QUOTE]

Drunk Catholic kids for gay teens rights!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4373636]Yeah, maybe the families and friends who killed themselves care. Or, ya know, anyone born with empathy. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

So all those abortions you claimed to have been involved with do or don't deserve empathy? :dunno:

Republicans will defend you from boner to birth. After that.. eh not so much. Especially those faggots.
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 02-22-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Riiiiight because most Republicans in their 20's and early 30's aren't socially liberal :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373858]Republicans will defend you from boner to birth. After that.. eh not so much. Especially you faggots.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373858]Republicans will defend you from boner to birth. After that.. eh not so much. Especially those faggots.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is your point, u fraud...discrimination against any racial or ethnic group is wrong..we get it. So is identity theft, which you seem to specialize in...or are you a trans-screen name sufferer, in which case are your rights being violated as well?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373858]Republicans will defend you from boner to birth. After that.. eh not so much. Especially those faggots.[/QUOTE]

You're really not helping your cause here.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4373847]So all those abortions you claimed to have been involved with do or don't deserve empathy? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Say what?:confused:

[QUOTE=Tucker134;4373874]What the hell is your point, u fraud...discrimination against any racial or ethnic group is wrong..we get it. So is identity theft, which you seem to specialize in...or are you a trans-screen name sufferer, in which case are your rights being violated as well?[/QUOTE]

OH YOU GOT ME.

:zzz:

Considering this article.. this thread... what Gov. Christie recently did and the garbage that comes out of a leading Republican presidential candidates mouth.. some people clearly don't get it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4373610]Anyone defending **** like this has serious problems:

So much for "hate the sin, not the sinner", huh?[/QUOTE]

It's absolutely terrible, and should be roundly condemned. And I think would be by majority of people, despite something as irrelevant as political affiliation.

Unfortunately, the OP, in all of his glorious ignorance and righteous indignation, seems to equate hatred and discrimination solely with one political party, without exception.

To him I say he's part of the problem, not the solution, because wanton ignorance never solves problems.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373877]OH YOU GOT ME.

:zzz:

Considering this article.. this thread... what Gov. Christie recently did and the garbage that comes out of a leading Republican presidential candidates mouth.. some people clearly don't get it.[/QUOTE]

So one Republican candidate and one Republican governor = every Republican in the country.

Youre right.. some people don't get it.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4373878]It's absolutely terrible, and should be roundly condemned. And I think would be by majority of people, despite something as irrelevant as political affiliation.

Unfortunately, the OP, in all of his glorious ignorance and righteous indignation, seems to equate hatred and discrimination solely with one political party, without exception.

To him I say he's part of the problem, not the solution, because wanton ignorance never solves problems.[/QUOTE]

Exceptions.. sure. But you aren't so naive to think the Republican party and their platform doesn't play a huge role.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373883]Exceptions.. sure. But you aren't so naive to think the Republican party and their platform doesn't play a huge role.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, the vast anti-gay agenda is funded and agreed upon by secret meetings held in the basement of the Fox News building?

With just some "exceptions", every Republican is a raging homophobe, according to you. Thanks, I appreciate that.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4373878]It's absolutely terrible, and should be roundly condemned. And I think would be by majority of people, despite something as irrelevant as political affiliation.

To him I say he's part of the problem, not the solution, because wanton ignorance never solves problems.[/QUOTE]

I agree; the OP stinks. I'm not wanton any of his ignorance.