Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Town's War on Gay Teens

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4373889]Let me guess, the vast anti-gay agenda is funded and agreed upon by secret meetings held in the basement of the Fox News building?

With just some "exceptions", every Republican is a raging homophobe, according to you. Thanks, I appreciate that.[/QUOTE]

That's one giant straw man.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4373891]I agree; the OP stinks. I'm not wanton any of his ignorance.[/QUOTE]

:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373894]That's one giant straw man.[/QUOTE]

Lol, no kidding pally.

As long as you're Googling logical fallacies, try and diagnose your own posts.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4373899]Lol, no kidding pally.

As long as you're Googling logical phalluses, try and diagnose your own posts.[/QUOTE]

this might be more apropos, nes pas?

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4373891]I agree; the OP stinks. I'm not wanton any of his ignorance.[/QUOTE]

HA!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4373878]It's absolutely terrible, and should be roundly condemned. And I think would be by majority of people, despite something as irrelevant as political affiliation.

Unfortunately, the OP, in all of his glorious ignorance and righteous indignation, seems to equate hatred and discrimination solely with one political party, without exception.

To him I say he's part of the problem, not the solution, because wanton ignorance never solves problems.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373883]Exceptions.. sure. But you aren't so naive to think the Republican party and their platform doesn't play a huge role.[/QUOTE]

Naive is an excellent word.

All Pro
    It's not a Repub thing, it's an extremist religion thing. The article makes that clear. And it's Orthodox Jew, Muslim, Bapist, Born again, Mormon, etc. When people gravitate to the extremes of these religions, this is the kind of ideology that is produced.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4373934]It's not a Repub thing, it's an extremist religion thing. The article makes that clear. And it's Orthodox Jew, Muslim, Bapist, Born again, Mormon, etc. When people gravitate to the extremes of these religions, this is the kind of ideology that is produced.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it is definitely influenced by extreme ideologies.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Most GOPers I know condemn this.

But I will say this...if a guy like Santorum can gain traction in your party you really have to wonder WTF is going on.

You can't have a leading candidate like him spout his nonsense and not think it trickles down and makes some kids feel less than "normal."
    Last edited by FF2; 02-22-2012 at 03:36 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4373934]It's not a Repub thing, it's an [B]extremist[/B] religion thing. The article makes that clear. And it's Orthodox Jew, Muslim, Bapist, Born again, [B]Mormon[/B], etc. When people gravitate to the extremes of these religions, this is the kind of ideology that is produced.[/QUOTE]

The problem is the GOP now has a [B]Mormon[/B] and an [B]extreme[/B] Catholic evangelist leading the GOP race for president.:huh:

[QUOTE=FF2;4373981]Most GOPers I know condemn this.

But I will say this...if a guy like Santorum can gain traction in your party you really have to wonder WTF is going on.

You can't have a leading candidate like him spouse his nonsense and not think it trickles down and makes some kids feel less than "normal."[/QUOTE]

He married his nonsense? :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4373986]He married his nonsense? :P[/QUOTE]

LOLz, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!!:mad:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4373938]I agree, it is definitely influenced by extreme ideologies.[/QUOTE]

It's not just limited to that either. Sometimes even straight white kids get bullied at school too. There's always going to be bullies. And there's always going to be some inept parents, teachers and administrators who don't respond to it appropriately. When you're insecure, discrimination isn't always a factor in who gets picked on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2;4373981]Most GOPers I know condemn this.

You can't have a leading candidate like him spout his nonsense and not think it trickles down and makes some kids feel less than "normal."[/QUOTE]

First Bachmann, then Cain, then Gingrich, and now Santorum is the guy to beat.

The only reason he's gained traction is because Romney is an extremely weak front runner, not because he hates gays.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4373994]It's not just limited to that either. Sometimes even straight white kids get bullied at school too. There's always going to be bullies. And there's always going to be some inept parents, teachers and administrators who don't respond to it appropriately. When you're insecure, discrimination isn't always a factor in who gets picked on.[/QUOTE]

It's the easiest factor (target) and it starts in the home.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373214][url]http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/one-towns-war-on-gay-teens-20120202?stop_mobi=yes[/url][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7EYqM.png[/IMG]

[QUOTE=shakin318;4374011][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7EYqM.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm shocked!

My IP addresses should be comical.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;4374012]I'm shocked!

My IP addresses should be comical.[/QUOTE]

Well, we pretty much laugh at everything about you. So yeah.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4374017]Well, we pretty much laugh at everything about you. So yeah.[/QUOTE]

You have no idea how good that makes me feel! Thank you and I mean it!