Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitt Romney: "I Love Lamp"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitt Romney: "I Love Lamp"

[B]"A little history -- I was born and raised here [Michigan] I love the state. It seems right here. Trees are the right height."[/B]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZbA5RM97DI[/url]
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 02-22-2012 at 06:01 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    God I wish Ron Paul was 10-12 years younger. I saw that clip last night and howled my ass off. Then I realized he's a better choice than Santorum and got sad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is amazing how stiff and unrelatable this guy's public persona appears to be. This wouldn't even be believeable satire.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;4374102]it is amazing how stiff and unrelatable this guy's public persona appears to be. This wouldn't even be believeable satire.[/QUOTE]

He's Republican John Kerry.

The GOP has decided to use the Dem's playbook from 2004. Nominate a 2X4....or...maybe a bunch of batsh*t crazy idiots and batsh*t crazy idiots who eat bowlfuls of batsh*t for breakfast.

ARG!! ABORTIONS!! ARG!! IT'S 1320, son!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4374186]He's Republican John Kerry.

The GOP has decided to use the Dem's playbook from 2004. Nominate a 2X4....or...maybe a bunch of batsh*t crazy idiots and batsh*t crazy idiots who eat bowlfuls of batsh*t for breakfast.

ARG!! ABORTIONS!! ARG!! IT'S 1320, son!!![/QUOTE]

It's mind boggling that with the economy in the ****ter, the GOP has made birth control the big campaign issue.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had heard that Romney was in a brutal car accident when he was in France on his mission and ever since then he has hated driving.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4375093]I had heard that Romney was in a brutal car accident when he was in France on his mission and ever since then he has hated driving.[/QUOTE]

LOL what does that have to do with anything? Is that why he gets his Brick Tamland on?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just so you know who you're talking about here.

[url]http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jan/30/chain-email/viral-internet-story-says-mitt-romney-helped-locat/[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4375370]Just so you know who you're talking about here.

[url]http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jan/30/chain-email/viral-internet-story-says-mitt-romney-helped-locat/[/url][/QUOTE]

Romney is the effing man! I hadn't heard that story.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4375370]Just so you know who you're talking about here.

[url]http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jan/30/chain-email/viral-internet-story-says-mitt-romney-helped-locat/[/url][/QUOTE]

That's a really cool story.

Romney is still an odd guy, just not a natural speaker especially for a politician.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adb280z;4375408]That's a really cool story.

Romney is still an odd guy, just not a natural speaker especially for a politician.[/QUOTE]

Thats one of the reasons I like the guy. I'm sick of these slimy politicians that spend their lives manipulating and charming people. I want a person that is a proven success in the real world. One that gets by on smarts and skill rather then charm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adb280z;4375408]That's a really cool story.

Romney is still an odd guy, just not a natural speaker especially for a politician.[/QUOTE]
    Romney gets a lot more natural when he talks economics. I've seen it.

But more to the point - in a time of crisis he sent MBAs to the streets of NY to hand out flyers. That's an executive decision.

Now think about Obama during the gulf spill.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4375424]Thats one of the reasons I like the guy. I'm sick of these slimy politicians that spend their lives manipulating and charming people. [B]I want a person that is a proven success in the real world. One that gets by on smarts and skill rather then charm[/B].[/QUOTE]

I agree, and the story about helping find the girl is badass. Stil, you don't think it's bizarre that he's such a deer in the headlights after all this time in front of camera, in the public eye? I mean, "the tree's are the right height?"

Not asking for fake charm, like you mention also, just for him to seem at ease in his own skin. I big part of the job will be communicating effectively, providing a sense of stability and calm during crises, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4375499]I agree, and the story about helping find the girl is badass. Stil, you don't think it's bizarre that he's such a deer in the headlights after all this time in front of camera, in the public eye? I mean, "the tree's are the right height?"

Not asking for fake charm, like you mention also, just for him to seem at ease in his own skin. I big part of the job will be communicating effectively, providing a sense of stability and calm during crises, etc.[/QUOTE]

Come on. Obama is hailed as this country's greatest orater and it is pushed under the rug when he talks about 57 states, inhilators, umm and uhhs for hours, stutters and has Biden the Gaff master as his VP.

Yes that was a silly comment by Romney but if you are in the public eye 24/7 you will eventually get caught saying something silly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4375524]Come on. Obama is hailed as this country's greatest orater and it is pushed under the rug when he talks about 57 states, inhilators, umm and uhhs for hours, stutters and has Biden the Gaff master as his VP.

Yes that was a silly comment by Romney but if you are in the public eye 24/7 you will eventually get caught saying something silly.[/QUOTE]

True. But unless gas prices and unemployment are both much higher in the fall, this will be a popularity contest. Just like in a title fight, Romney will have to be a clearly better choice, a tie won't do.

Forget about fair or should.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry

even when gas is $6 and the economy slips back into recession

the same puques will be preoccupied with the "right" to murder the unborn and redefine marriage

and vote idiotically to enable 0

then get dumped by their women for other women

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4375448]Romney gets a lot more natural when he talks economics. I've seen it.

But more to the point - in a time of crisis he sent MBAs to the streets of NY to hand out flyers. That's an executive decision.

Now think about Obama during the gulf spill.[/QUOTE]

What? No MBA's stuffing flyers in Shreveport? Obama is gonna close everything down, and send those MBA's down to cap that pipe.

Come on sack. lol

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4375339]LOL what does that have to do with anything? Is that why he gets his Brick Tamland on?[/QUOTE]

Watch the video again...

Romney goes into a “I love cars…” speech

IMHO this is typical Romney...He is a slimy salesman...This is what he believes he should say to an audience in Michigan. Grrrr Cars are manly, Republicans are manly... It is his sad, sad song and dance... just like the "I support a woman's right to choose" is to be said in Massachusetts and then "I support pro-life" is to be said when running for the Republican presidential nomination... Mitt will just tell the rubes what they want to hear to get elected or make a sale or a purchase or a whatever… Because Mitt is a successful businessman and that’s what they do, they lie...The old ..."just sign on the dotted line and trust me…” schtick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4376648]Mitt will just tell the rubes what they want to hear to get elected or make a sale or a purchase or a whatever… Because Mitt is a successful businessman and that’s what they do, they lie...The old ..."just sign on the dotted line and trust me…” schtick.[/QUOTE]

I trust you'll be staying home on Election Day, Bustier, because this clip is flat out audacious.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UErR7i2onW0[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The funniest part is that there are still some rethuglicans out there that truthfully believe this cheap suit salesman buffoon has a shot at winning the general election.

lol
    Last edited by nyctomjetsfan; 02-26-2012 at 12:50 PM.