Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That Peaceful Iranian Nuclear Program

That Peaceful Iranian Nuclear Program

[QUOTE] [FONT=verdana][SIZE=4][B] Wife of Assassinated Scientist: Annihilation of Israel "Mostafa's Ultimate Goal" [/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [B] TEHRAN (FNA)- The wife of Martyr Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan Behdast, who was assassinated by Mossad agents in Tehran in January, reiterated on Tuesday that her husband sought the annihilation of the Zionist regime wholeheartedly. [/B]

[IMG]http://media.farsnews.com/Media/9010/Images/jpg/A0112/A1122546.jpg[/IMG]
    [B]"Mostafa's ultimate goal was the annihilation of Israel," Fatemeh Bolouri Kashani told FNA on Tuesday. [/B]

Bolouri Kashani also underlined that her spouse loved any resistance figure in his life who was willing to fight the Zionist regime and supported the rights of the oppressed Palestinian nation.

Iran's 32-year-old Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan Behdast, a chemistry professor and a deputy director of commerce at Natanz uranium enrichment facility, was assassinated during the morning rush-hour in the capital early January. His driver was also killed in the terrorist attack.

Roshan was killed on the second anniversary of the martyrdom of Iranian university professor and nuclear scientist, Massoud Ali Mohammadi, who was also assassinated in a terrorist bomb attack in Tehran in January 2010.
    . . . [/QUOTE]

[url]http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9010175602[/url]

Cue Kennyo in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . to explain how the official Iranian press is really mistranslating Mr. Behdast's comments, and he really meant that his goal was to eliminate the Israeli [I][B]government[/B][/I] through peaceful change, and how Iran is really only looking for peaceful civilian nuclear power . . .

What a sad way to live one's life--- devoted to hatred and murder.

Which nation has just had more sanctions imposed upon them?

Sanctions are an act of war. People tend to feel hard toward those that impose sanctions against their nation.

Also let's add to the fact that there is now a stealth war imposed upon Iran. The same one that got the scientists killed........

Don't believe the hype

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4374274]Which nation has just had more sanctions imposed upon them?

Sanctions are an act of war. People tend to feel hard toward those that impose sanctions against their nation.

Also let's add to the fact that there is now a stealth war imposed upon Iran. The same one that got the scientists killed........

Don't believe the hype[/QUOTE]

Good point. After all, Iran did nothing to earn those sanctions. Also, Israel is the one who imposed those sanctions.

You're joking, right?

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4374384]Good point. After all, Iran did nothing to earn those sanctions. Also, Israel is the one who imposed those sanctions.

You're joking, right?[/QUOTE]

Logic doesn't work when you debate with people that willfully ignore the things they can see with their eyes. Iran has been working on acquiring nukes for 20 years. They have been fighting proxy wars against the USA in Iraq and Afghanistan for years. The original act of war happened in 1979 when they took our people hostage there. Obama in particular has been afraid to confront them so far. He reluctantly went along with sanctions imposed by France and the UK. We should be leading this thing. The weakness of this president make war more likely. Progressives will never understand this.

You have a double take of problems in this area. First you have anti-Israel types that think Iran is not a threat to anything but Israel so let them handle it. They don't understand the Arab concept of America as the great satan and Israel being just step one in their process. Then you have the naive that think war is unlikely and that these people just want America to leave them alone etc. These are the Neville Chamberlain types that never learn from history.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4374409]The original act of war happened in 1953...[/QUOTE]

Fixed...

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'%C3%A9tat[/url]

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4374384]Good point. After all, Iran did nothing to earn those sanctions. Also, Israel is the one who imposed those sanctions.

You're joking, right?[/QUOTE]

Israel just maybe the primary impetus for those sanctions. The sanctions basically stem from the NATO nations, whom Israel has a great deal of influence with.

Did you miss the part where Panetta (DOD/CIA)stated that Iran has no nukes? I posted the link yesterday along with a vid regarding just why Iran and the US have harshness toward each nation..

Once again, if there are any Americans that desire the USA to go to war with Iran, please sign up with the US Military or have your sons and daughters go.

Unless you are willing to put you and yours on the front lines it is not wise to ask others to do so.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4374428]Israel just maybe the primary impetus for those sanctions. The sanctions basically stem from the NATO nations, whom Israel has a great deal of influence with.

Did you miss the part where Panetta (DOD/CIA)stated that Iran has no nukes? I posted the link yesterday along with a vid regarding just why Iran and the US have harshness toward each nation..

Once again, if there are any Americans that desire the USA to go to war with Iran, please sign up with the US Military or have your sons and daughters go.

Unless you are willing to put you and yours on the front lines it is not wise to ask others to do so.[/QUOTE]

Israel is hated in the U.N., Obama hates Israel as well, so, It's surprise his stooge says something stupid. My son is in the Jr rotc and will join the military and fight to defend this county as well as Israel if needed. We're Christians, btw.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4374428]Israel just maybe the primary impetus for those sanctions. The sanctions basically stem from the NATO nations, whom Israel has a great deal of influence with.

Unless you are willing to put you and yours on the front lines it is not wise to ask others to do so.[/QUOTE]

You think the UK and EU in general gives a crap about Israel? Why would a country like France that refers to Israel as "that sh!tty little country" take the lead in imposing sanctions on Iran and drag Obama along kicking and screaming? Now that is funny stuff. There is a clear lack of understanding of the threat being posed by Iran and the axis of evil. A nuculear Iran will be able to dominate the middle east with impunity and execute their plan for a world wide Islamic caliphate headed by the Ayatola. You are trying to create a logic that fits your anti-war agenda. The reality is that no one wants a war. What we want is the threat to be dealt with. The only way to avoid bloodshed is through a show of strength. Crippling sanctions with real teeth alongside the threat of the full force and might of the US military. There should never be any reason to send ground troops in to Iran. It would serve no purpose. Take out their military from the sky and let them exist as a crippled version of what they once were if they don't fall in to line.
    Last edited by chiefst2000; 02-23-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4374513] What we want is the threat to be dealt with. The only way to avoid bloodshed is through a show of strength. Crippling sanctions with real teeth alongside the threat of the full force and might of the US military. There should never be any reason to send ground troops in to Iran. It would serve no purpose. Take out their military from the sky and let them exist as a crippled version of what they once were if they don't fall in to line.[/QUOTE]

Unless Russia and China get on board, what good are the sanctions? to them, Iran seems to be a pawn in an everlasting cold war.

I think the threat of full force is there. Carriers in the Gulf. Troops staged throughout the region including a good buddy of mine in Kuwait that was supposed to go to Afghanistan but was replaced by other troops that were supposed to go to Iraq. They could have just not deployed but somebody wants them in Kuwait for something.

Then there are also the Iranian civilians that protested two years ago. They still need to be part of any solution, hopefully one that goes beyond just crippling their military. Militaries can be rebuilt, especially by an oil rich country with Russia and China willing to sell to them.

[QUOTE=acepepe;4374458]Israel is hated in the U.N., Obama hates Israel as well, so, It's surprise his stooge says something stupid. My son is in the Jr rotc and will join the military and fight to defend this county as well as Israel if needed. We're Christians, btw.[/QUOTE]

I could careless what your religion is. If you are going to be an advocate for war, then snap on the chin strap and grab a rifle.

Obama does not hate Israel.

Another thing, don't call me any names. The points I deliver here are salient and factual for the most part.

Finally:

Peres to tell Obama: U.S., West should lead battle against Iran nuclear program
    [QUOTE]
    U.S. President reportedly feels recent threats by Israeli spokesmen are unnecessary warmongering, voices objection to attack on Iran any time soon.

By Yossi Verter

President Shimon Peres is expected to tell U.S. President Barack Obama early next month that he does not believe Israel should attack Iran in the near future.

Political and diplomatic officials who are familiar with Peres' positions and are helping prepare for the Obama meeting said yesterday Peres has been apprised of all sensitive information involving Iran.

According to these officials, Peres is close to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's position on Iran, while Defense Minister Ehud Barak is perceived, at least by the Americans, as pushing for an attack.

Peres told officials that there is no point in what he called the "unceasing self-intimidation" being voiced by senior Israeli spokesmen. This is what he intends to tell Obama.

[B]Peres has told officials that the recent threats by Israel are unnecessary warmongering and that Israel should leave the Iran issue to the superpowers, first and foremost the United States.[/B]

Peres leaves for the United States on Tuesday, and the following Sunday he is to meet with Obama in Washington on the sidelines of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee conference.

Peres' meeting with the U.S. president will take place a day before Netanyahu meets with Obama. Netanyahu will arrive in Washington after a visit to Canada.

The meeting between Peres and Obama will deal mainly with Iran, but also with the stalled negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians.

When Obama meets with Netanyahu, he will already know what Peres thinks - information he will use in his meeting with Netanyahu.

[B]Peres is expected to tell Obama that Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is still the best Palestinian partner with whom to reach a peace agreement.[/B]

Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said in an interview yesterday that Israel will not bow to U.S. and Russian pressure in deciding whether to attack Iran.

Speaking on Channel 2, Lieberman rebuffed suggestions that warnings against striking Iran would affect Israeli decision making, saying the decision "is not their business."[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/peres-to-tell-obama-u-s-west-should-lead-battle-against-iran-nuclear-program-1.414212[/url]

Hopefully Peace will reign here.

You have no understanding of international relations, do you? The Sunni Arab states are all against Iran going nuclear; Saudi Arabia has said that if Iran gets the bomb, it will need to go nuclear as well (think about that - Israel with the bomb doesn't inspire SA to go nuclear for self-protection . . . but Iran would).

And really, are you posting "Panetta (DOD/CIA)stated that Iran has no nukes" like it's news? Of [B]course[/B] Iran "has no nukes". The point of intervention would be to prevent Iran from obtaining them. Think a little before you post.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4374555]You have no understanding of international relations, do you? The Sunni Arab states are all against Iran going nuclear; Saudi Arabia has said that if Iran gets the bomb, it will need to go nuclear as well (think about that - Israel with the bomb doesn't inspire SA to go nuclear for self-protection . . . but Iran would).

And really, are you posting "Panetta (DOD/CIA)stated that Iran has no nukes" like it's news? Of [B]course[/B] Iran "has no nukes". The point of intervention would be to prevent Iran from obtaining them. Think a little before you post.[/QUOTE]

Just how many times has Iran stated that thy are building an energy source? Just how many times is the IAEA going to Iran and ensuring that what they (Iran) state is true?

Iran is surrounded by US Military bases and a few nations with nukes (Israel and Pakistan at the very least). It is easy to see why they would desire a nuclear weapon.

The data supports what they are doing

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4374554]I could careless what your religion is. If you are going to be an advocate for war, then snap on the chin strap and grab a rifle.

Obama does not hate Israel.

Another thing, don't call me any names. The points I deliver here are salient and factual for the most part.

Finally:

Peres to tell Obama: U.S., West should lead battle against Iran nuclear program

[url]http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/peres-to-tell-obama-u-s-west-should-lead-battle-against-iran-nuclear-program-1.414212[/url]

Hopefully Peace will reign here.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you have no problem "strapping it on" I was referring to Panetta, but if the shoe fits. One other thing, Muslims DO hate Israel.

[QUOTE=acepepe;4374607]I'm sure you have no problem[B] "strapping it on"[/B] I was referring to Panetta, but if the shoe fits. One other thing, Muslims DO hate Israel.[/QUOTE]

My quote states: " snap on the chin strap"

Moreover, my link shows that Israel is taking a position that is closer to mine than yours. Not all Muslims hate Israel and there is in fact a large population of Israelis living in Iran.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4374635]My quote states: " snap on the chin strap"

Moreover, my link shows that Israel is taking a position that is closer to mine than yours. Not all Muslims hate Israel and there is in fact a large population of Israelis living in Iran.[/QUOTE]

With love and tolerance, too!
    more than two dozen Christian men, women and children celebrating Christmas earlier this week in their church located in the southern Iranian city of “Ahvaz” were promptly arrested and hauled off to a local jail. The small evangelical congregation was hauled into two buses that were waiting for them in what local witnesses described as a planned raid by the local police. What was their supposed crime? Well accordingly to Iranian officials, these families were allegedly proselytizing Christianity among Muslims in Iran which the current government considers illegal and is punishable by death! While the worshipers of this Iranian church were eventually released, their pastor, Farhad Sabokrouh and his wife still remain in jail and are being held on crimes against Islam.

This horrid Christmas day raid and arrest of innocent Christian families in Iran is yet another prime example of the pure evil nature of Iran’s regime, which despite its propaganda machine, has zero tolerance for individuals who are not from the Shiite Islamic faith. It’s a travesty that the news media in the West have given no coverage to this story and governments in Europe and the U.S. have remained silent while the Iranian regime commits this unspeakable crime on Christmas, a day of peace and holiness for billions of people worldwide. What amazes me the most is how the depraved Iranian police can handcuffed and hauled off to jail innocent children! How can this heinous Iranian regime accuse children, of all people, for proselytizing Christianity?!

What is most hypocritical of this entire fiasco is the fact that just a day earlier the speaker of the Iranian parliament, Ali Larijani sent Christmas greetings to Pope Benedict XVI. The audacity of the Iranian regime to attempt to curry favor with the Pope and attempt to “improve their tarnished image” in the world while at the same time persecuting innocent Christian families in their own country is just remarkable! Where is the outage from the international community and the Vatican for this crime against innocent Christian families in Iran? Why hasn’t the current Pope denounced the Iranian regime for this unspeakable crime committed on Christmas against families in Iran? It seems as if while Pope John Paul II had the courage to speak out against the evils of Communist regimes in Russia and Eastern Europe more than 30 years ago, the current Pope Benedict XVI lacks the same courage to speak out against the evils of Islamo-fascism spewing out of Iran.
    Photo
    Speaker of the Iranian parliament, Ali Larijani

The Christmas arrest in Iran is not the first incident of Christian persecution by the Iranian regime. The government in Iran since 1979 has systematically persecuted non-Muslims in Iran (especially Jews, Bahais and Zoroastrians) including Christians. Individuals from the Christian faith have typically been imprisoned or executed— and of them, many were former Muslims who converted to Christianity or encouraged other Muslims to convert to Christianity. For instance, in October 2009, an Iranian Christian Evangelical pastor, Youcef Nadarkhani was arrested in his home by Iranian police in the city of Rasht after seeking to register his house church. In September 2010, Nadarkhani, who is married with two children, was found guilty of abandoning Islam and sentenced to death. While his case is pending appeal, the Iranian judiciary has offered to spare Nadarkhani’s life if he denounces Christianity and returns to Islam. To the contrary, Nadarkhani has refused to leave his faith and remains imprisoned as the Iranian regime attempts to use whatever means possible to force his conversion back to Islam. Nadarkhani’s case has uniquely gained international attention with media coverage of the story in Europe and the West which has placed some pressure of Iranian’s leadership. Yet the case remains unresolved and just before Christmas this year, an Iranian court ordered Nadarkhani be imprisoned for another year before being executed.
    Photo
    Iranian Christian Evangelical pastor, Youcef Nadarkhani

The millions of practicing evangelical Christians and other Christians in the U.S., Canada and South America must demand that their governments and the U.N. hold Iran’s regime accountable for their Christmas crimes against innocent Christian families in Iran. The world cannot continue to remain silent while the Iranian government continues to persecute peoples of others faiths and blatantly violates human rights. What should scare the international community is the clear fact that the same Iranian regime that abuses and threatens its own Christian population would not hesitate to do the same to other countries in the world if their regime ever obtains nuclear weapons.

Why is there a dude arguing that the US should go to war with Iran... And if we want that, we must ourselves go or send our kids...

We're holding back Israel from doing it themselves... And make no mistake here... Israel is perfectly capable of throwing down with Iran... And we'll be there to tell the Syria's and Turkey's of the world to sit back quietly and take it...

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4374635]My quote states: " snap on the chin strap"

Moreover, my link shows that Israel is taking a position that is closer to mine than yours. Not all Muslims hate Israel and there is in fact a large population of Israelis living in Iran.[/QUOTE]

I like how you post an article from Israel's preeminent dove about how he thinks the saber rattling is too much and then cite it as the Israeli opinion on the topic even though it flies in the face of everything the actual current cabinet there is saying.

To further demonstrate your clear and absolute lack of any true actual information in the situation I will respond to two other absurd statements you have made in this thread.

[I][B]"Not all Muslims hate Israel and there is in fact a large population of Israelis living in Iran."[/B][/I] I dont know where to begin here. There are no Israelis living in Iran today. They would be hanged for simply setting foot in Iran. In addition not all of anyone definitively hates anyone else. It is a loaded statement that bears no point to any serious discussion. The Iranian Government has promised repeatedly that it plans to wipe Israel off the map. They also promise to wipe America off the map.

Next looney statement:

[B][I]"Just how many times has Iran stated that thy are building an energy source? Just how many times is the IAEA going to Iran and ensuring that what they (Iran) state is true?"[/I][/B] The IAEA has publisher their report. According to the IAEA Iran is pursuing and close to obtaining a nuculear weapon. They have never once stated that they had confirmed Iran is simply looking for more energy. As such the answer to your question is never. More so you post earlier in the thread the notion that Iran needs weapons because Pakistan and Israel have them. Then you state here that you think that they aren't pursuing nukes because you thought the IAEA said so (even though they never did and actually have said quite the opposite). The reality is that you have clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Next ' looney' fact

[url]http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article26173.htm[/url]

[QUOTE]August 17, 2010 "Information Clearing House" -- 25,000 Jews live in Iran. It's the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside of Israel. Iranian Jews are not persecuted or abused by the state, in fact, they are protected under Iran's constitution.

They are free to practice their religion and to vote in elections. They are not stopped and searched at checkpoints, they are not brutalized by an occupying army, and they are not herded into a densely-populated penal colony (Gaza) where they are deprived of the basic means of survival. [B]Iranian Jews live in dignity and enjoy the benefits of citizenship[/B].[/QUOTE]

Let's see the next results:

[QUOTE]A five-member International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) team departed for Iran on[B] 19 February[/B] for talks aimed at resolving all outstanding issues in relation to Iran's nuclear programme.

"We hope to have a couple good and constructive days in Tehran," said team leader Herman Nackaerts, the IAEA's Deputy Director General for safeguards, told reporters before the team boarded its plane for Tehran on Sunday afternoon. "This is, of course, a complex issue that may take a while, but we hope it will be constructive."

"We hope to have some concrete results after this trip," Nackaerts added.

(Note to Media: We encourage you to republish these stories and kindly request attribution to the IAEA).[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news/2012/visit-iran.html[/url]

Actually the Iranians kicked the inspectors when they asked to see one of the more questionable sites. BTW I really don't want anymore wars in the Middle East.