Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: That Peaceful Iranian Nuclear Program

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4374726]Actually the Iranians kicked the inspectors when they asked to see one of the more questionable sites. BTW I really don't want anymore wars in the Middle East.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the terms of the visit were not acceptable then. They are there now (today) and we should view the results when they are completed.

As for wars period, we cannot afford them. Inflation is thru the roof since we are off of the Gold Standard. We have spent 4TT since the start of the AG war.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4374711][url]http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article26173.htm[/url]

Let's see the next results:

[url]http://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news/2012/visit-iran.html[/url][/QUOTE]

So a Jew is the same thing as an Israeli? That you think that way explains alot. Those Jews have lived in Persia for over 2000 years. They are extremely persecuted by the regime there. The fact that they are not rounded up and executed for their religion like Iran does to Christians is their so called "protected status". They are far from Israelis.

Also, the group from the IAEA that went to Iran on the 19th have returned and the mission was a failure. What does this have to do with your false claim that the IAEA has stated that Iran is not building nukes?

Iran orders hanging of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani
    By BENJAMIN WEINTHAL, JERUSALEM POST CORRESPONDENT02/23/2012 22:08Iran’s judiciary issued orders to hang the dissident Christian, arrested in 2009 for seeking to register a home-based church. By Courtesy
    BERLIN – Despite the international outrage over the incarceration and slated death penalty for Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani, Iran’s judiciary has issued orders to hang the dissident Christian.

Jay Sekulow, the chief counsel for the Washington-based American Center for Law & Justice (ACLJ), said on Wednesday, “We are hearing reports from our contacts in Iran that the execution orders for Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani may have been issued.”

Nadarkhani, now 34, was arrested in 2009 for questioning the compulsory Islamic education of his children and for seeking to register a home-based church. He was sentenced to death in 2010.

The ACLJ has closely monitored the case and has previously translated Iranian legal documents.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4374825] Those Jews have lived in Persia for over 2000 years...[/QUOTE]

2,000 years of persecution?

I would've moved.

Argentina probably sounds pretty nice these days. Too bad God hasn't showed up to settle his little petty fights....

Giggity :P;)

I'm kidding of course....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4374734]Maybe the terms of the visit were not acceptable then. They are there now (today) and we should view the results when they are completed.

As for wars period, we cannot afford them. Inflation is thru the roof since we are off of the Gold Standard. We have spent 4TT since the start of the AG war.[/QUOTE]

We can absolutely afford to use our bunker busters on their underground Nuke facilities. No need to get into a full scale war.

Jets Insider VIP
    Use nuclear weapons during war.

Spend next 65 years pissing yourself at the thought of another country having the same capability.

USA logic.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4374192][url]http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9010175602[/url]

Cue Kennyo in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . to explain how the official Iranian press is really mistranslating Mr. Behdast's comments, and he really meant that his goal was to eliminate the Israeli [I][B]government[/B][/I] through peaceful change, and how Iran is really only looking for peaceful civilian nuclear power . . .[/QUOTE]

So what else should the USA be doing right now Doggin?
    Are you in favor of a US military strike? Where does this issue lie in terms of priorities for the USA, both domestic and foreign?

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4374864]We can absolutely afford to use our bunker busters on their underground Nuke facilities. No need to get into a full scale war.[/QUOTE]

Why should the USA do this? Iran is not an immediate/imminant threat to us. We have bigger issues at this time
    We should not be using military strikes against Iran. If Israel feels the need, let them do this. Their military is more than capable of handling Iran.
    Last edited by kennyo7; 02-24-2012 at 07:45 AM.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4374665]Why is there a dude arguing that the US should go to war with Iran... ...[/QUOTE]

Because that dude places Israeli interests ahead of our interests. That dude would rather see US soldiers lives sacrificed in a pointless and futile military act rather than have Israel soldiers lost(like he did with Iraq).

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4374555]You have no understanding of international relations, do you? .[/QUOTE]

Funny, I was saying the same thing about you with respects to Iraq

Explain again to me why you thought it was worthwhile for the USA to remove a secular Sunni dictator who formed a buffer against Iran and replace him with a Iran- friendly Shia government trained and supported by Iran? How was that in our interest??

Oh yeah it was not.
    But Israel (actually only a fringe-right wing element ruling Israel, since most Israeli's are thoughtful rational folks) thought Iraq was threat to them and they pushed for it so naturally Likud-Loving Doggin also supported it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4374384]Good point. After all, Iran did nothing to earn those sanctions. Also, Israel is the one who imposed those sanctions.

You're joking, right?[/QUOTE]

Don't you guys secretly run the US Govt and control most of the Illuminati seats? I'd convert to get in on that, but I love bacon too much.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4375304]Why should the USA do this? Iran is not an immediate/imminant threat to us. We have bigger issues at this time
    We should not be using military strikes against Iran. If Israel feels the need, let them do this. Their military is more than capable of handling Iran.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with your entire premise. They are an immediate/imminant threat to us.

State sponsored terror protected by a nuclear armed country has already cost us trillions along with real US lives and property. I don't see that as the US doing Israel's dirty work. I see it as the US protecting US self interest and preservation.

I like the way the Obama administration is handling this right now. At some point of Iran doesn't back down they are going to have to act.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 02-24-2012 at 09:07 AM.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4375364]I disagree with your entire premise. They are an immediate/imminant threat to us.

State sponsored terror protected by a nuclear armed country has already cost us trillions along with real US lives and property. I don't see that as the US doing Israel's dirty work. I see it as the US protecting US self interest and preservation.

I like the way the Obama administration is handling this right now. At some point of Iran doesn't back down they are going to have to act.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with you.
    They are no more a threat to us than Iraq was. You are making the same arguments that were made prior to invading Iraq. This is not a priority for us to get the military involved in.

[QUOTE=quantum;4375352]Don't you guys secretly run the US Govt and control most of the Illuminati seats? I'd convert to get in on that, but I love bacon too much.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on the call from the council of elders to get in on some of this controlling the world stuff.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4375386]I disagree with you.
    They are no more a threat to us than Iraq was. You are making the same arguments that were made prior to invading Iraq. This is not a priority for us to get the military involved in.[/QUOTE]

Yes since kenya said it, it must be true. Screw it, lets let Iran and all the other radical islamist countries get nukes right. When they use them and millions die we can point to uberlibs like you and say I told you so. That worked well when we got to point fingers at your hero Neville Chamberlain and say see, I told you so.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4375302]So what else should the USA be doing right now Doggin?
    Are you in favor of a US military strike? Where does this issue lie in terms of priorities for the USA, both domestic and foreign?[/QUOTE]

Heh. For once, no defense, just a "so, what can we do"

The US should be doing exactly what it is doing: Ratcheting up the pressure with significant sanctions, saber rattling, and indicating that it won't stand in the way of an Israeli strike should it become necessary. It should also be gathering international support for such a strike, again, should one be necessary.

Not much more [I][B]to[/B][/I] do, at the moment. The real shame is the lost opportunity during Iran's Green Revolution, when the Obama administration was still nurturing fantasies of an thaw in relations with the current regime and didn't want to jeopardize that possibility.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4375308]Funny, I was saying the same thing about you with respects to Iraq

Explain again to me why you thought it was worthwhile for the USA to remove a secular Sunni dictator who formed a buffer against Iran and replace him with a Iran- friendly Shia government trained and supported by Iran? How was that in our interest??

Oh yeah it was not.
    But Israel (actually only a fringe-right wing element ruling Israel, since most Israeli's are thoughtful rational folks) thought Iraq was threat to them and they pushed for it so naturally Likud-Loving Doggin also supported it.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Actually, I said from the start that Iraq would be a decade-long commitment and would have to be handled correctly. Had it been handled correctly, it would have been good for the region. Mishandled as badly as it was, it could [I][B]still[/B][/I] be good for the region. It's simply too early to write that epitaph, no matter how badly you may want to.

None of which, btw, has anything to do with Israel.

They are no more a threat to us than Iraq was. You are making the same arguments that were made prior to invading Iraq. This is not a priority for us to get the military involved in.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. Iran has funded terror groups. The Republican Guard provides training for them. Those groups have attacked Americans already (both in Iraq and in Lebanon). At least one of those groups has conducted attacks far from its home base, including in the Western hemisphere. Iranian agents plotted to kill the Saudi Ambassador [I][B]on U.S. soil[/B][/I]. And Iran's leaders repeatedly describe the US as the "Great Satan".

So . . . what, short of a personal representation from Khameni that "if we get nuclear weapons we will use them against the U.S. or its interests and yes, we really really mean it" would you consider sufficient evidence to cause the US concern? I mean if actual funding of attacks on US soldiers and actual planning of attacks on US soil doesn't do it, what will?

All Pro
    They are no more a threat to us than Iraq was. [B]You are making the same arguments that were made prior to invading Iraq. [/B]This is not a priority for us to get the military involved in.[/QUOTE]

Complete apples and oranges. One is a real threat with a real military, one is (was) not.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4375364]
    I like the way the Obama administration is handling this right now. At some point of Iran doesn't back down they are going to have to act.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the beauty of the situation for the US...

They don't have to act. They can let the Israeli's act and deal with the political fallout afterward...

Win/win...