Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tannenbaum at the Combine

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;4376255]Can someone slap tanny and tell him hunter is not an NFL tackle[/QUOTE]

What makes you think Tanny doesn't know that?

I mean after all (and this isn't to be insulting to you), we are just fans, and Tanny is an NFL professional with approximately what? Say 13 years of experience?

With all due respect, I'll take Tanny and what his experience says.

Tanny is well aware that Hunter is not NFL material. He'll manage to do something to cover up that obvious weakness. Now, I'll admit I thought it was a little bit of a curious decision to guarantee Hunter's salary, but you have to trust the process.

I'm fine with Wayne Hunter being a backup. He was always good depth for us in the past, so why wouldn't we want to hold on to him? All be it, in a more expensive, more limited role.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4376264]What makes you think Tanny doesn't know that?

I mean after all (and this isn't to be insulting to you), we are just fans, and Tanny is an NFL professional with approximately what? Say 13 years of experience?

[B]Tanny is well aware that Hunter is not NFL material.[/B] He'll manage to do something to cover up that obvious weakness. Now, I'll admit I thought it was a little bit of a curious decision to guarantee Hunter's salary, but you have to trust the process.

[B]I'm fine with Wayne Hunter being a backup.[/B] He was always good depth for us in the past, so why wouldn't we want to hold on to him? All be it, in a more expensive, more limited role.[/QUOTE]

:huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4375665]No.

He does. That's a fact. Cheating on your spouse is the ultimate betrayal. And that carries with it a lack of integrity. If he can do that, he can do anything.[/QUOTE]

+1 Trillion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum was just quoted as saying that Sanchez didn't improve enough in 2011. Que the Peyton to the Jets ****storm

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4376345]Tannenbaum was just quoted as saying that Sanchez didn't improve enough in 2011. Que the Peyton to the Jets ****storm[/QUOTE]

i really like that tanny said this. rex talks way too much and you really can't take him seriously. tanny says nothing of consequence most of the time. tanny is saying what rex can't: that this may very well be sanchez's last year with the jets. they got rid of schotty and there can be no more excuses. if the jets start losing games this year, sanchez will finally be benched and they'll draft another qb in the first round the following season.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ...hunter is a very good #6 O-lineman and a very bad #1-5 O-lineman ...

... agree, mark will need to show legit progress next season or there is a good chance he is gone/demoted ... they better and most certainly will bring another RT in to start ... give your franchise qb fighting to show he deserves that tag the best possible chance to succeed ... it will happen :yes: ...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4376264]What makes you think Tanny doesn't know that?

Tanny is well aware that Hunter is not NFL material. He'll manage to do something to cover up that obvious weakness. Now, I'll admit I thought it was a little bit of a curious decision to guarantee Hunter's salary, but you have to trust the process.

I'm fine with Wayne Hunter being a backup. He was always good depth for us in the past, so why wouldn't we want to hold on to him? All be it, in a more expensive, more limited role.[/QUOTE]

You say that Hunter is not NFL material and then say you are fine with him as a backup. Day one of next camp the new Rt goes down. Hunter is now your starter again. If he is not good enough to be a hold the fort olineman then he should not be on the team at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4376360]You say that Hunter is not NFL material and then say you are fine with him as a backup. Day one of next camp the new Rt goes down. Hunter is now your starter again. If he is not good enough to be a hold the fort olineman then he should not be on the team at all.[/QUOTE]

have to agree. unless you don't mind your qb getting hammered so you can lose games and draft another qb.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4376345]Tannenbaum was just quoted as saying that Sanchez didn't improve enough in 2011. Que the Peyton to the Jets ****storm[/QUOTE]

PFT - Tannenbaum: Sanchez didn’t improve enough in 2011
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 25, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
    The Jets won’t rule out going after Peyton Manning, in part because Mark Sanchez has a lot of improving left to do.

I spoke with Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum at the Combine for NBC SportsTalk Thursday and asked whether Sanchez improved enough in 2011.

“Not enough,” Tannenbaum said. “Not consistently. The great thing abut Mark is he’d be the first one to tell you that. . . . His rate of improvement has to keep going and get better, but we’re excited about his work ethic and his commitment.”

We also talked about whether the Jets will be a softer, quieter organization in 2012 without any guarantees. (Somehow we doubt it.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4376353]i really like that tanny said this. rex talks way too much and you really can't take him seriously. tanny says nothing of consequence most of the time. tanny is saying what rex can't: that this may very well be sanchez's last year with the jets. they got rid of schotty and there can be no more excuses. if the jets start losing games this year, sanchez will finally be benched and they'll draft another qb in the first round the following season.[/QUOTE]

Que the 'it's his first season under a new coordinator and new system' excuses.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4376438]Que the 'it's his first season under a new coordinator and new system' excuses.[/QUOTE]

nope. he gets no latitude there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4375355]... maxed out on the idiotic comments ... grab a seat on the ignore list bus :yes: ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you broke his heart;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4375665]No.

He does. That's a fact. Cheating on your spouse is the ultimate betrayal. And that carries with it a lack of integrity. If he can do that, he can do anything.[/QUOTE]

My wife let be bang the babysitter....is that a problem?;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;4376255]Can someone slap tanny and tell him hunter is not an NFL tackle[/QUOTE]

Bean Counter, Hunter is not an NFL tackle!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4375349]The truth.[/QUOTE]

Bullsh1t. Some fans just love to whine, and there are plenty of those on this board.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4376359]...hunter is a [B]very good #6[/B] O-lineman and a very bad #1-5 O-lineman ...

... agree, mark will need to show legit progress next season or there is a good chance he is gone/demoted ... they better and most certainly will bring another RT in to start ... give your franchise qb fighting to show he deserves that tag the best possible chance to succeed ... it will happen :yes: ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

I'd say he's barely adequate as a #6.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4375612]I was joking. Hence the smiley face.

But in all seriousness, I don't perceive Tannenbaum as a talent evaluator. I'm not sure that's his strength.[/QUOTE]

Real men don't use smiley faces

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4376360]You say that Hunter is not NFL material and then say you are fine with him as a backup. Day one of next camp the new Rt goes down. Hunter is now your starter again. If he is not good enough to be a hold the fort olineman then he should not be on the team at all.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to let you in on a little secret in NFL circles...

Your second string is most normally NOT as good as your 1st string. That is because you cannot possibly afford to stockpile and pay players in the salary cap era. That's called common sense.

Wayne Hunter was always a good backup for us. He played well filling in for Damien Woody in the 2010 playoffs. He can still be that guy in a pinch if someone else goes down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the approach with Maybin. Let him prove he wasn't a 1 year wonder before you commit long term.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;4377382]I like the approach with Maybin. Let him prove he wasn't a 1 year wonder before you commit long term.[/QUOTE]

+1quadrillion ... Learn from the Holmes debacle.