Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 year wedding anniversary trip

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

10 year wedding anniversary trip

So in a few weeks the wife and I and a few couples are headed for vacation. Ours and also another couples 10 year anniversary.

We're going to St. Martin, St. Kitts, Tortola, Barbados & the Dominica.

Would love some info from people who've been to these islands. Places we must see, beaches we must go too, food we must eat, bars, excursions we must take, whatever you feel we must do. Also the wife loves nude beaches. Any info on what's safe and where to go?

Thanks guys!! All and any suggestions are very much appreciated.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a cruise, I take it?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4374935]This is a cruise, I take it?[/QUOTE]

Yes. We fly into San Juan.

Also, we are spending a few days in Puerto Rico. Any suggestions on safe areas and things we must see and do in San Juan would be greatly appreciated as well.

I've been reseaching each area but would love opinions from people who've been to these islands.

Thanks again guys!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never been to those places, so I can't help you.

But i would like to congratulate you and the Mrs on your up coming anniversary, and wish you many more years of what I hope has been a happy marriage.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4374958]Never been to those places, so I can't help you.

But i would like to congratulate you and the Mrs on your up coming anniversary, and wish you many more years of what I hope has been a happy marriage.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot gun!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the 10 years. Haven't been to any of those islands but have a blast.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4374966]Congrats on the 10 years. Haven't been to any of those islands but have a blast.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dimitri!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4374971]Thanks Dimitri![/QUOTE]

It's funny cause I'm a Caribbean whore but I've never been to those islands.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4374924]So in a few weeks the wife and I and a few couples are headed for vacation. Ours and also another couples 10 year anniversary.

Would love some info from people who've been to these islands. Places we must see, beaches we must go too, food we must eat, bars, excursions we must take, whatever you feel we must do. [B]Also the wife loves nude beaches.[/B] Any info on what's safe and where to go?

Thanks guys!! All and any suggestions are very much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

40+ minutes and no one's gonna touch this? :confused:

J/K....have a great trip dude.:D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4374924] Also the wife loves nude beaches. [/QUOTE]

This thread is useless without pics.........:P

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went to Barbados on my honeymoon. Not sure if you are on a cruise or not but if you can go out for dinner on Barbados, go to The Cliff Restaurant. The food is excellent and the views are incredible.

[IMG]http://www.thecliffbarbados.com/CR/Public/Gallery/Pics/RESTAURANT/the-cliff-001-gareth-sambidge.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.thecliffbarbados.com/CR/Public/Gallery/Pics/RESTAURANT/the-cliff-006-gareth-sambidge.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4374924]We're going to St. Martin, St. Kitts, Tortola, Barbados & the Dominica.

Would love some info from people who've been to these islands. [/QUOTE]

What advice do you need?!?

You're taking your girl to 5 Caribbean islands for an anniversary?

Shouldn't we be asking YOU for advice????

:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Silly question, but can you get away for one measly round of golf?

Teeth of the Dog at Casa de Campo in La Romana in the Dominican Republic is spectacular.

All the holes are up and down the coast, hitting over small inlets and tiny coves and bays to greens sticking out into the ocean.

Gorgeous.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've spent a lot of time on Tortola. The cruise ships have ruined the place. Srsly, the best end for any cruise ship would be to sink to the bottom of the sea taking all aboard with it. Enjoy your vacation.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 02-23-2012 at 10:15 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    congrats!

coincidentally, my wife and I are also celebrating our 10 year anniversary in about 8 weeks.

we are going to Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica.

You know I'm stoked.;)

Not to hijack your thread but could use some tips for Jamaica.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4374976]This thread is useless without pics.........:P[/QUOTE]

Again, proving that you cross the line. Joking or not that's his wife. Respect, you have none.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4374924]So in a few weeks the wife and I and a few couples are headed for vacation. Ours and also another couples 10 year anniversary.

Would love some info from people who've been to these islands. Places we must see, beaches we must go too, food we must eat, bars, excursions we must take, whatever you feel we must do. Also the wife loves nude beaches. Any info on what's safe and where to go?

Thanks guys!! All and any suggestions are very much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Nude beaches?? Well you're certainly in luck my friend. Orient beach in St marten. Nekkedness everywhere.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;4375114]congrats!

coincidentally, my wife and I are also celebrating our 10 year anniversary in about 8 weeks.

we are going to Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica.

You know I'm stoked.;)

Not to hijack your thread but could use some tips for Jamaica.[/QUOTE]

Which Sandals? There's two right in Montego bay. You can take a shuttle between them both. I've been to the one called royal Caribbean, I think it was that one at least. Sandals are great. Drink plenty of Appleton rum. The food is great - one night they had a pig roast on the beach, and that was some of the best pork I've ever had. I'd just go straight from the airport to the resort, and not leave the resort until its time to go. There are locals who sell trinkets while paddling around on surf boards. A bit annoying if you just want to go for a swim, but you can prolly get weed from them.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I took a cruise last month, and one of the stops was St. Maarten (Dutch side of the island; St. Martin is the spelling for the French side). My brothers went to this bar (don't know the name) that sits right next to the island's only airport. The large jets come in so low on their approach that it seems the wheels are going to knock the roof off the place. My brothers took video to show me (I was with the wife and kids on a bus tour - don't ask). ALSO, the bartender at this place gives out free drinks to women who remove their tops. My sister was there and she verified this, since I thought the bros were possibly BSing me.

Anyway, NEXT time I'm going there. But maybe you can report back sooner and tell us what you saw.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... ahhhhh the 10 year anniversary ... the year to celebrate wife swapping! :cool: ...

l_j_r