Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Tight Ends

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4376008]after last year...wasn't certain we had a scheme.[/QUOTE]

Let me reiterate. I think he'll fit in with the Jets NEW offensive scheme.

[QUOTE=Nick Blitz;4375294]Can't be worse than Mulligan.[/QUOTE]

+111111111111 A 2X4 IS BETTER THAN MULIGAN!!!:yes::yes:

Oddly as it seems most teams have already come to terms with their FA TEs. The onlt 2 left I'd even consider making an offer is Visanthe Shiancoe and Dante Rosario. Maybe I'd bring back Anthony Becht for blocking.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4376283]Oddly as it seems most teams have already come to terms with their FA TEs. The onlt 2 left I'd even consider making an offer is Visanthe Shiancoe and Dante Rosario. Maybe I'd bring back [B]Anthony Becht[/B] for blocking.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://thechaoticcloset.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/no_rageface.jpg[/IMG]

lets be realistic.if bennett has not shown anything in four years.we cannot expect him to show anything in his fifth year.forget him and look to the draft.there are some interesting choices at that position.

[QUOTE=jets rooter;4376354]lets be realistic.if bennett has not shown anything in four years.we cannot expect him to show anything in his fifth year.forget him and look to the draft.there are some interesting choices at that position.[/QUOTE]

I am watching the combine right now. Mayock said the raft usually produces 16 TE each year....and he can't find 16 in this year's draft. He doesn't grade any in the 1st round at all.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4376286][IMG]http://thechaoticcloset.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/no_rageface.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

He'd be a better addition then BE.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4376397]He'd be a better addition then BE.[/QUOTE]

a 34 year old TE (that I don't even know has ever played last year) better than a 28 yo wide receiver? Not saying that I'd want Braylon Edwards back, but I'd definitely take Braylon Edwards over Anthony Becht.

Seriously?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4376013]Let me reiterate. I think he'll fit in with the Jets NEW offensive scheme.[/QUOTE]

CAN'T WAIT.....perhaps well have more than 2 40 yard passes:rolleyes:

hard to be positive after last year......please forgive.;)

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4376408]a 34 year old TE (that I don't even know has ever played last year) better than a 28 yo wide receiver? Not saying that I'd want Braylon Edwards back, but I'd definitely take Braylon Edwards over Anthony Becht.

Seriously?[/QUOTE]

yes I'd take the old blocking TE which we may need over an average WR coming off a knee injury, which we know doesn't work for us. That is just how useless BE would be for us. I can't stress it enough. He doesn't fit this teams needs at all.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4376654]yes I'd take the old blocking TE which we may need over an average WR coming off a knee injury, which we know doesn't work for us. That is just how useless BE would be for us. I can't stress it enough. He doesn't fit this teams needs at all.[/QUOTE]

You are out of your mind... I can't stress enough how wrong you are. Oh wait, I know. Let's get Peyton Manning though. No, nobody should worry about his neck, he's fine.

^ Can't believe this argument is still going on.

Dreamers with his Anti-Braylon stance

Dimitri with his Pro-Braylon stance.

And me without a camera. ;)

[QUOTE=Vin;4376673]^ Can't believe this argument is still going on.

Dreamers with his Anti-Braylon stance

Dimitri with his Pro-Braylon stance.

And me without a camera. ;)[/QUOTE]

Vin, Braylon is not the Jets 1st priority. In fact, I would rather draft or go after another free agent WR then sign Braylon. If not, the Jets sign Braylon, I'd be fine with that. This "debate" of having Anthony Becht than Braylon Edwards is ridiculous.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4376674]Vin, Braylon is not the Jets 1st priority. In fact, I would rather draft or go after another free agent WR then sign Braylon. If not, the Jets sign Braylon, I'd be fine with that. This "debate" of having Anthony Becht than Braylon Edwards is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

The reason why I didn't even WANT to respond to this thread is *because* of the ridiculous nature of it. I mean....Anthony Becht.....Really??? :nono:

Thankfully you brought up the always-entertaining Braylon-debate with Dreamers which always spices things up here. :yes:

[QUOTE=Vin;4376677]The reason why I didn't even WANT to respond to this thread is *because* of the ridiculous nature of it. I mean....Anthony Becht.....Really??? :nono:

Thankfully you brought up the always-entertaining Braylon-debate with Dreamers which always spices things up here. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Braylon Edwards :yes:

It's going to be a long off season.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4375943]NO ONE could be worse than that.[/QUOTE]

Massive upgrade !

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4376674]Vin, Braylon is not the Jets 1st priority. In fact, I would rather draft or go after another free agent WR then sign Braylon. If not, the Jets sign Braylon, I'd be fine with that. This "debate" of having Anthony Becht than Braylon Edwards is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Its not ridiculous! Its silly!

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4376654]yes I'd take the old blocking TE which we may need over an average WR coming off a knee injury, which we know doesn't work for us. That is just how useless BE would be for us. I can't stress it enough. He doesn't fit this teams needs at all.[/QUOTE]

Average WR who caught touchdowns for us in the playoffs in both 2009 and 2010, made Sanchez and our running game better and is one of the few WR's in the entire planet to have had any success facing Darrelle Revis and would cost a fraction of the money a not great player like Mario Manningham or Robert Meachem would cost.

Right, and we need a 34 year old never-was Tight End.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 02-27-2012 at 10:01 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4376283]Oddly as it seems most teams have already come to terms with their FA TEs. The onlt 2 left I'd even consider making an offer is Visanthe Shiancoe and Dante Rosario. Maybe I'd bring back Anthony Becht for blocking.[/QUOTE]
    I hear Kyle Brady's still in pretty good shape.

Becht and Brady. Could be our Gronkowski and Hernandez.