Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Why was our home vs. the Raiders replaced?

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    186

    Why was our home vs. the Raiders replaced?

    Originally we were supposed to host vs. the Raiders; Now the Jets website is showing Chargers...Anyone know why?

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    NFL.Com 2012 opponents

    New York Jets

    Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Diego Chargers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

    Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks
    End thread.

  3. #3
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    JetsInsider had Oakland and still does as a home game. I guess this site is managed poorly.

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    290
    Because Phillip Rivers loves NYC so much he begged the league for another away game against the Jets.

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    461
    Anyone have an idea of when the dates will be announced? My family and I plan on attending the Tennesse Titans (family in TN), possibly the Jacksonville jags (military buddies there) and Seattle Seahawks game (because it's just up the road a piece from so cal).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    still doesn't answer why the Raiders game was swapped? It was released as such and I can't remember a time when they revised something like that after it was released.

    /re-open thread

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,848
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    still doesn't answer why the Raiders game was swapped? It was released as such and I can't remember a time when they revised something like that after it was released.

    /re-open thread
    Must have been a mistake.

    As the 2nd place AFC East team, we automatically play the 2nd place AFC West team, the Chargers. Since the Chargers and Raiders both finished 8-8, split their season series, both finished 3-3 in the division, but the Chargers had a better conference record, they finished 2nd.

    It was never going to be the Raiders, must have been a mistake.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    still doesn't answer why the Raiders game was swapped? It was released as such and I can't remember a time when they revised something like that after it was released.

    /re-open thread
    We will play the Raiders or Chargers - whoever was the 2nd place team this year. I can't recall who finished 2nd but that's who we will play. We will also play the 2nd place team in the AFC North.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,263
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansocal View Post
    Anyone have an idea of when the dates will be announced? My family and I plan on attending the Tennesse Titans (family in TN), possibly the Jacksonville jags (military buddies there) and Seattle Seahawks game (because it's just up the road a piece from so cal).
    mid April, they usually do a show around the schedule release

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Must have been a mistake.

    As the 2nd place AFC East team, we automatically play the 2nd place AFC West team, the Chargers. Since the Chargers and Raiders both finished 8-8, split their season series, both finished 3-3 in the division, but the Chargers had a better conference record, they finished 2nd.

    It was never going to be the Raiders, must have been a mistake.
    makes sense! thanks!!

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    I do remember we were supposed to host Oakland too when the schedule came out... weird?

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,321
    ... al davis's deal with satan ended when he passed away ... we are not mandated to travel to oakland anymore ... ...









    l_j_r

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets340 View Post
    Originally we were supposed to host vs. the Raiders; Now the Jets website is showing Chargers...Anyone know why?
    It's Manish Mehta's fault who mistakenly reported next season's schedule moments after Denver and Oakland lost the last regular season game -- without actually checking/verifying the final standings.

    San Diego finished second (winning a tiebreaker vs OAK). We were never going to play the Raiders. Mehta just assumed since SD was already eliminated and that OAK and DEN were playing for the division that they would finish 1 and 2. He was wrong.
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 02-24-2012 at 02:03 PM.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets340 View Post
    JetsInsider had Oakland and still does as a home game. I guess this site is managed poorly.
    It's a lot of work keeping some ungrateful dicks under control. Once in awhile a detail falls through the cracks.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    East Winsdor, NJ
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Must have been a mistake.

    As the 2nd place AFC East team, we automatically play the 2nd place AFC West team, the Chargers. Since the Chargers and Raiders both finished 8-8, split their season series, both finished 3-3 in the division, but the Chargers had a better conference record, they finished 2nd.

    It was never going to be the Raiders, must have been a mistake.
    I think record against common opponents comes before conference record when breaking ties within a division, as is the case here. Not sure if it makes a difference when figuring out who was 2nd place, Oak or SD.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    We will play the Raiders or Chargers - whoever was the 2nd place team this year. I can't recall who finished 2nd but that's who we will play. We will also play the 2nd place team in the AFC North.
    You play the chargers. Here is who Raiders play in 2012. http://www.raiders.com/schedule/season-schedule.html

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    You play the chargers. Here is who Raiders play in 2012. http://www.raiders.com/schedule/season-schedule.html
    At this point, why even discuss this. It was clearly a mistake. We're playing San Diego.

  18. #18
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    It's a lot of work keeping some ungrateful dicks under control. Once in awhile a detail falls through the cracks.
    ungrateful? haha GFY

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21
    Oh, thank God I can grow a beard and am uninterested in picking up other men on message forums!


  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,208
    As long as the @ Rams or @ Seattle games aren't on a Thurdsay night coming off a Sunday night game I think everything will be OK with the schedule. Because other than that the Jets aren't traveling much this season.

    I am also hoping for very few prime time games this year. Let someone else have the exposure.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us