Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why was our home vs. the Raiders replaced?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Why was our home vs. the Raiders replaced?

Originally we were supposed to host vs. the Raiders; Now the Jets website is showing Chargers...Anyone know why?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825a5cfa/article/opponents-set-for-2012-season"]NFL.Com 2012 opponents[/URL]

[QUOTE][B]New York Jets[/B]

[B]Home[/B]: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Diego Chargers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

[B]Away[/B]: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks[/QUOTE]

End thread.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4375465][URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825a5cfa/article/opponents-set-for-2012-season"]NFL.Com 2012 opponents[/URL]

End thread.[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider had Oakland and still does as a home game. I guess this site is managed poorly.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because Phillip Rivers loves NYC so much he begged the league for another away game against the Jets.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have an idea of when the dates will be announced? My family and I plan on attending the Tennesse Titans (family in TN), possibly the Jacksonville jags (military buddies there) and Seattle Seahawks game (because it's just up the road a piece from so cal).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4375465][URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825a5cfa/article/opponents-set-for-2012-season"]NFL.Com 2012 opponents[/URL]

End thread.[/QUOTE]

still doesn't answer why the Raiders game was swapped? It was released as such and I can't remember a time when they revised something like that after it was released.

/re-open thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4375543]still doesn't answer why the Raiders game was swapped? It was released as such and I can't remember a time when they revised something like that after it was released.

/re-open thread[/QUOTE]

Must have been a mistake.

As the 2nd place AFC East team, we automatically play the 2nd place AFC West team, the Chargers. Since the Chargers and Raiders both finished 8-8, split their season series, both finished 3-3 in the division, but the Chargers had a better conference record, they finished 2nd.

It was never going to be the Raiders, must have been a mistake.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4375543]still doesn't answer why the Raiders game was swapped? It was released as such and I can't remember a time when they revised something like that after it was released.

/re-open thread[/QUOTE]

We will play the Raiders or Chargers - whoever was the 2nd place team this year. I can't recall who finished 2nd but that's who we will play. We will also play the 2nd place team in the AFC North.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfansocal;4375523]Anyone have an idea of when the dates will be announced? My family and I plan on attending the Tennesse Titans (family in TN), possibly the Jacksonville jags (military buddies there) and Seattle Seahawks game (because it's just up the road a piece from so cal).[/QUOTE]

mid April, they usually do a show around the schedule release

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4375551]Must have been a mistake.

As the 2nd place AFC East team, we automatically play the 2nd place AFC West team, the Chargers. Since the Chargers and Raiders both finished 8-8, split their season series, both finished 3-3 in the division, but the Chargers had a better conference record, they finished 2nd.

It was never going to be the Raiders, must have been a mistake.[/QUOTE]

makes sense! thanks!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do remember we were supposed to host Oakland too when the schedule came out... weird?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... al davis's deal with satan ended when he passed away ... we are not mandated to travel to oakland anymore ... :cool: ...

l_j_r

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets340;4375456]Originally we were supposed to host vs. the Raiders; Now the Jets website is showing Chargers...Anyone know why?[/QUOTE]

It's Manish Mehta's fault who mistakenly reported next season's schedule moments after Denver and Oakland lost the last regular season game -- without actually checking/verifying the final standings.

San Diego finished second (winning a tiebreaker vs OAK). We were never going to play the Raiders. Mehta just assumed since SD was already eliminated and that OAK and DEN were playing for the division that they would finish 1 and 2. He was wrong.
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 02-24-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets340;4375479]JetsInsider had Oakland and still does as a home game. I guess this site is managed poorly.[/QUOTE]

It's a lot of work keeping some ungrateful dicks under control. Once in awhile a detail falls through the cracks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4375551]Must have been a mistake.

It was never going to be the Raiders, must have been a mistake.[/QUOTE]

I think record against common opponents comes before conference record when breaking ties within a division, as is the case here. Not sure if it makes a difference when figuring out who was 2nd place, Oak or SD.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4375553]We will play the Raiders or Chargers - whoever was the 2nd place team this year. I can't recall who finished 2nd but that's who we will play. We will also play the 2nd place team in the AFC North.[/QUOTE]

You play the chargers. Here is who Raiders play in 2012. [url]http://www.raiders.com/schedule/season-schedule.html[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4375985]You play the chargers. Here is who Raiders play in 2012. [url]http://www.raiders.com/schedule/season-schedule.html[/url][/QUOTE]

At this point, why even discuss this. It was clearly a mistake. We're playing San Diego.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4375717]It's a lot of work keeping some ungrateful dicks under control. Once in awhile a detail falls through the cracks.[/QUOTE]

ungrateful? haha GFY

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, thank God I can grow a beard and am uninterested in picking up other men on message forums!
    [img]http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/20.creation.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.canadablackberry.com/imgs/images/2.tod.gif[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as the @ Rams or @ Seattle games aren't on a Thurdsay night coming off a Sunday night game I think everything will be OK with the schedule. Because other than that the Jets aren't traveling much this season.

I am also hoping for very few prime time games this year. Let someone else have the exposure.