Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why was our home vs. the Raiders replaced?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4376200]As long as the @ Rams or @ Seattle games aren't on a Thurdsay night coming off a Sunday night game I think everything will be OK with the schedule. Because other than that the Jets aren't traveling much this season.

I am also hoping for very few prime time games this year. Let someone else have the exposure.[/QUOTE]

Like Denver on thursday after the Monday night game?

What the **** was that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4376204]Like Denver on thursday after the Monday night game?

What the **** was that?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Road game, different time-zone, very short week. The tri****ta, LOL.

That may have been the game the killed the 2011 season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets340;4375479]JetsInsider had Oakland and still does as a home game. [B]I guess this site is managed poorly[/B].[/QUOTE]

I know, right? WTF? You should write your congressman every day until justice is done, and we can all sleep soundly at night.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4376200]As long as the @ Rams or @ Seattle games aren't on a Thurdsay night coming off a Sunday night game I think everything will be OK with the schedule. Because other than that the Jets aren't traveling much this season.

I am also hoping for very few prime time games this year. Let someone else have the exposure.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read something where they were going to limit the travel distance for the Thursday night games so that there won't be a team traveling more than 2 time zones from a Sunday to a Thursday.

In other words the following Thursday night games from last year would not have been scheduled:

Jets @ Denver
    SF @ Bal
    Philly @ Seattle

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IndianaJet;4376473]I thought I read something where they were going to limit the travel distance for the Thursday night games so that there won't be a team traveling more than 2 time zones from a Sunday to a Thursday.

In other words the following Thursday night games from last year would not have been scheduled:

Jets @ Denver
    SF @ Bal
    Philly @ Seattle[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/33803287"]http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/33803287[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IndianaJet;4376473]I thought I read something where they were going to limit the travel distance for the Thursday night games so that there won't be a team traveling more than 2 time zones from a Sunday to a Thursday.

Jets @ Denver
    SF @ Bal
    Philly @ Seattle[/QUOTE]

Haha. They couldn't make that decision a year earlier.

I didn't realize the scheduling was that bad. To have three teams have to do that is ridiculous.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4376374]My thoughts exactly. Road game, different time-zone, very short week. The tri****ta, LOL.

That may have been the game the killed the 2011 season.[/QUOTE]

When I saw it on the schedule, I cringed. It's unacceptable, IMO.

We're not schedule makers and we see this stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4376485]When I saw it on the schedule, I cringed. It's unacceptable, IMO.

We're not schedule makers and we see this stuff.[/QUOTE]

I am sure they tried to avoid it.

If only Kraft owned the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4376505]I am sure they tried to avoid it.

If only Kraft owned the Jets.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfansocal;4375523]Anyone have an idea of when the dates will be announced? [/QUOTE]

I travel up for a game or two from Florida, so this is always a big issue for me, as the earlier I can plan/coord with other trips, sometimes the better.

Should be easier this year too with presumably far fewer prime time games.

Last year (2011), it was Tuesday, April 19.
    [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228825&highlight=schedule[/url]

In 2010, it was TuesdayApril 20.
    [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211968&highlight=schedule[/url]

So if I was a betting man, I'd look for the 3rd Tuesday in April again - Tuesday, April 17, 2012. My birthday!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CharlieDelray;4376724]I travel up for a game or two from Florida, so this is always a big issue for me, as the earlier I can plan/coord with other trips, sometimes the better.

Should be easier this year too with presumably far fewer prime time games.

Last year (2011), it was Tuesday, April 19.
    [URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228825&highlight=schedule[/URL]

In 2010, it was TuesdayApril 20.
    [URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211968&highlight=schedule[/URL]

So if I was a betting man, I'd look for the 3rd Tuesday in April again - Tuesday, April 17, 2012. My birthday![/QUOTE]

Howdy neighbor I have traveled up for all the regular season home games and the schedule has been brutal for us long distant commuters I welcome some Sunday 1pm games:)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4375551]Must have been a mistake.

As the 2nd place AFC East team, we automatically play the 2nd place AFC West team, the Chargers. Since the Chargers and Raiders both finished 8-8, split their season series, both finished 3-3 in the division, but the Chargers had a better conference record, they finished 2nd.

It was never going to be the Raiders, must have been a mistake.[/QUOTE]

How does the scheduling go? I know we play 6 divisor games, 4 games against another afc division and 4 games against an NFC division. How do they decide the other 2?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AnthonySerp;4376758]How does the scheduling go? I know we play 6 divisor games, 4 games against another afc division and 4 games against an NFC division. How do they decide the other 2?[/QUOTE]

We play 4 against the AFC South, and then play the 2nd place teams in the AFC North (Pittsburgh) and AFC West (San Diego) because we finished 2nd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4376204]Like Denver on thursday after the Monday night game?

What the **** was that?[/QUOTE]

It was Sunday Night to Thursday, not Monday Night.

However, the NFL looked back and teams traveling cross country for a thursday game were something like 0-12 in the last few years, the Thursday games will no longer involve teams traveling cross country, or so my understanding is.

That being said, I can't find anything to confirm that, but I do remember hearing it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4375717]It's a lot of work keeping some ungrateful dicks under control. Once in awhile a detail falls through the cracks.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/p6n13.gif[/IMG]