Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: obama's "algae" energy speech

obama's "algae" energy speech

The Prez is not smart....in fact, he's laughably dumb. Life's a fundraiser for the Manchurian in the white house. Don't think for one GD minute that he and his high livin wifey aren't fist pumpin behind closed doors about oil at $108...bc they are. Did anyone actually listen to his speech? He's a re-taaard.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;4376419]The Prez is not smart....in fact, he's laughably dumb. Life's a fundraiser for the Manchurian in the white house. Don't think for one GD minute that he and his high livin wifey aren't fist pumpin behind closed doors about oil at $108...bc they are. Did anyone actually listen to his speech? He's a re-taaard.[/QUOTE]

Me thinks you need to do some more digging on the algae thing. It just goes to show that your party of anti-science doesn't understand the concept of burning organic material to release energy stored form the sun. What is the difference between burning an organic compound that stored the energy millions of years ago as opposed to releasing it from an organic compound that stored the energy a couple months ago?

And for a party that believes in an invisible man from the sky, who impregnated a virgin to give birth to a god child to think of anyone else as "crazy"...

...well...

...that's pretty re-taaaaahded.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4376453]Me thinks you need to do some more digging on the algae thing. It just goes to show that your party of anti-science doesn't understand the concept of burning organic material to release energy stored form the sun. What is the difference between burning an organic compound that stored the energy millions of years ago as opposed to releasing it from an organic compound that stored the energy a couple months ago?

And for a party that believes in an invisible man from the sky, who impregnated a virgin to give birth to a god child to think of anyone else as "crazy"...

...well...

...that's pretty re-taaaaahded.[/QUOTE]

Algae as the solution to our energy problems? In my line of work I hear a new great sounding green energy idea every few weeks. There is a difference between a concept and a realistic solution. This absurd speech will rightfully come back to burn Obama in the general. He really never learns. They already spent 50+ billion on green energy with no results whatsoever.

All League
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4376499]Algae as the solution to our energy problems? In my line of work I hear a new great sounding green energy idea every few weeks. There is a difference between a concept and a realistic solution. This absurd speech will rightfully come back to burn Obama in the general. He really never learns. They already spent 50+ billion on green energy with no results whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

+1 both parties have found different ways to squander other peoples money. it's the way of the world unfortunately. :(

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4376453]Me thinks you need to do some more digging on the algae thing. It just goes to show that your party of anti-science doesn't understand the concept of burning organic material to release energy stored form the sun. What is the difference between burning an organic compound that stored the energy millions of years ago as opposed to releasing it from an organic compound that stored the energy a couple months ago?

...well...

...that's pretty re-taaaaahded.[/QUOTE]
    Ha ha...good stuff, PK. Ya gotta have faith brother!! You sure you're not Bill Maher?? You sound (write) just like him!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;4376531]Ha ha...good stuff, PK. Ya gotta have faith brother!! You sure you're not Bill Maher?? You sound (write) just like him![/QUOTE]

Sure thing.

Fossilized plant matter contains stored solar energy that is released during combustion.

Algae contains stored solar energy that can be released during combustion.

REEE-TARDS!! REEEE-TARDS!

Your party is falling apart at the seams, Tucker. Keep giving people like Gingrich and Santorum credence and you're staring at another 4 years of O'bummer.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4376499]Algae as the solution to our energy problems?[/QUOTE]

Sure.

Because that's exactly what he said.

PRAISE JESUS!! HE'S THE ANSWER TO ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS!!! STATIONS OF THE CROSS!! JESUS!! YEAAH!!!

Your party is an effing joke. The fact that you guys are this close in polls to him speaks volumes as to how utterly dumb Republicans have become.

GOTTA SAVE THE FETUSES!!! JESUS!! BIRTH CONTROL!!!

Bunch of f*cking freaks.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 02-25-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Great like the windmills and solar energy two b/s green energy jobs that cost billions and we got nothing out of it. Now algae how many trillions will that cost! DAH!

You want to kill the babies because you care more about an ant then a human life. Tell me who the retard is!

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4376643]Great like the windmills and solar energy two b/s green energy jobs that cost billions and we got nothing out of it. Now algae how many trillions will that cost! DAH![/QUOTE]

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_in_the_United_States"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_in_the_United_States
    [/URL]

[QUOTE]
    According to a study by the Solar Energy Industries Association and GTM Research, 878 megawatts (MW) of photovoltaic (PV) capacity and 78 MW of concentrating solar power (CSP) were installed in the U.S. in 2010, enough to power roughly 200,000 homes. In addition, more than 65,000 homes and businesses added solar water heating (SWH) or solar pool heating (SPH) systems. This was double the 435 MW installed in 2009 around the U.S.[10][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_the_United_States"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_the_United_States[/URL]

[QUOTE]The U.S. Department of Energy’s 2008 report 20% Wind Energy by 2030 envisioned that wind power could supply 20% of all U.S. electricity, which included a contribution of 4% to the nation’s total electricity from offshore wind power.[9] In order to achieve this, however, significant advances in cost, performance and reliability are needed, based on a 2011 report from a coalition of researchers from universities, industry, and government, supported by the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future.[11][/QUOTE]

and

[QUOTE]In 2010 Texas surpassed the 10,000 MW mark with the addition of over 600 MW of generating capacity.[15] Texas has many wind farms which together total an installed capacity of 10,377 MW.[4] The Roscoe Wind Farm in Roscoe, Texas, is the world's largest wind farm with 627 wind turbines and a total installed capacity of 781.5 MW, which surpasses the nearby 735.5 MW Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center. It is located about 200 miles (320 km) west of Fort Worth and the wind farm area spans parts of four Texas counties.[36][37][/QUOTE]

Keep your eyes and ears open MnJetFan. Soon your Republican puppet masters will be totally in support and invested in alternative energy and then you'll have to change your position.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is old news. Glad to see Obama finally caught up with the science from a year ago. Once again the problems are that this technology is not close to being ready, the market should be the ones researching this and the government shouldn't be investing in companies to develop it. If they want to give out grants to colleges I guess that might be ok but if the government is picking winners and losers then businesses will tend to go where the easy money is as opposed to where the best sustainable product is.

Algae shows some promise but it would take huge amounts of water and land to make that 17% of fuel we need. Wind and solar are improving and becoming cheaper but it has nothing to do with government intervention and there is a good chance government "help" is holding it back.

Here is a good article from our friends at Mobil oil about algae based biodiesel. PDF so I couldn't post here.

[url]http://www.exxonmobil.com/corporate/files/news_pub_algae_factsheet.pdf[/url]

[url]http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/04/algae-could-replace-17-of-us-oil.html[/url]

All League
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4376643]Great like the windmills and solar energy two b/s green energy jobs that cost billions and we got nothing out of it. Now algae how many trillions will that cost! DAH![/QUOTE]

Are you opposed to all subsidies?

[QUOTE=adb280z;4377223]Are you opposed to all subsidies?[/QUOTE]

Yep and I know oil gets them too. But they also put billions into it to. If you cut subsidies for wind and solar it would go bellyup!

United Airlines is planning on buying 20 million gallons of this stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dumbama and Chu-me wanted Euro gas prices. Mission accomplished! :banana:

Now if I only can figure out a way to hook my fishtank up to the dagblasted engine in my car, I'd be all set.

If the plunder wasn't so criminal it would be laughable:

Over $21.7 million of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act money has been awarded to one particular company, Solazyme, in order to continue working on converting algae into fuel. That company also happens to be one three benifeciaries of a $12 million contract for green fuel with the Navy.

[url]http://cnsnews.com/blog/eric-scheiner/green-green-taxpayers-fork-out-algae-fuel[/url]

[QUOTE=Buster;4376647][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_in_the_United_States"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_in_the_United_States
    [/URL]

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_the_United_States"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_the_United_States[/URL]

and

Keep your eyes and ears open MnJetFan. Soon your Republican puppet masters will be totally in support and invested in alternative energy and then you'll have to change your position.[/QUOTE]

I have no puppet masters, besides that I am an American First. Ok how many Windmills/Solar Panels were needed to produce that energy. How much room did it take for these units.

Yes, I personally feel "drill baby drill" sounds far more intelligent:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4376554]Sure thing.

Fossilized plant matter contains stored solar energy that is released during combustion.

Algae contains stored solar energy that can be released during combustion.

REEE-TARDS!! REEEE-TARDS!

Your party is falling apart at the seams, Tucker. Keep giving people like Gingrich and Santorum credence and you're staring at another 4 years of O'bummer.

Sure.

Because that's exactly what he said.

PRAISE JESUS!! HE'S THE ANSWER TO ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS!!! STATIONS OF THE CROSS!! JESUS!! YEAAH!!!

Your party is an effing joke. The fact that you guys are this close in polls to him speaks volumes as to how utterly dumb Republicans have become.

GOTTA SAVE THE FETUSES!!! JESUS!! BIRTH CONTROL!!!

Bunch of f*cking freaks.[/QUOTE]

It pains me to say this because I like you as a poster, but you have no idea how offensive you are to some people.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4389481]It pains me to say this because I like you as a poster, but you have no idea how offensive you are to some people.[/QUOTE]

Meh. Hard to be offended considering the source. That's what children do - they act out.