View Poll Results: How many times did you watch NAMATH on HBO?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - I already know everything about Joe, no desire to watch

2 5.00%

14 35.00%

12 30.00%

8 20.00%
  • 0 - I'm a "Jets fan", but, I don't care about anything before the day I was born

4 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many times did you watch NAMATH and what did you learn?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4377064]I learned that Mark Sanchez is a minor leaguer in comparison.

I learned that I will never see another Jet QB come close to his ability in my lifetime, even though he only played at 50% capacity from Day 1 as a Jet.

I learned that no Jet QB makes the ball go "whoosh" when it leaves his hand, like he did.

I learned that it is a tragedy for any football fan to not have been able to see Namath play at 100%.
    L
    I learned that anyone who says he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame because he only won "one big game and had mediocre stats" is out of their mind...just a phenomenal athlete.

I learned that I will be depressed until the Jets get a QB at his level.[/QUOTE]

You left off his 50% completion% and his inability to throw for 20 or so td's a year.
    Tough guy, but just another pr!ck from Bama. If he brought his# 's to the modern nfl, the fans on this sight alone would eat him alive. Longing for another Joe Willie is like masturbating with shards of glass.... Painfully stupid.
    Last edited by RazorJet; 02-26-2012 at 08:20 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4377178]#1 in what? :huh:[/QUOTE]

we get it...you're a good time Charlene....

but don't f*ck with Joe.....Turd Burglar

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4377192]You left off his 50% completion% and his inability to throw for 20 or so td's a year.
    Tough guy, but just another pr!ck from Bama. If he brought his# 's to the modern nfl, the fans on this sight alone would eat him alive. Longing for another Joe Willie is like masturbating with shards of glass.... Painfully stupid.[/QUOTE]

Different era.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4377274]Different era.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Those 2 words say it. When you have a cannon like he had and your WR's aren't allowed to even be hand checked must less being TACKLED WITHOUT THE BALL as they were in Namath's era it's not over the edge that he might have threatened 6k yards in a 16 game season....with the guys you're seeing today put up 5k....Namath was the 1st QB to put up 4k in a 14 game season.

Just go back to that HBO footage of him winging it...the "Whoosh" segment.

In part of it they call Vince Lomardi and ask him if Namath was NFL-ready and Lombardi called Namath the "PERFECT QB" - mechanically...imagine if he also had his legs under him.

End of debate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i like this thread!!

I watched it once and learned how much he is loved in his home town.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4377112]I watched once.

I learned the Jets haven,t won a Super Bowl in like 100 years.[/QUOTE]

Go F_ck yourself, which would probably the first time you have gotten laid since the Jets won a Super Bowl.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the 4% bracket, my wife deleted HBO from our subscription, I already
    know most things about broadway Joe, but it would have been nice to revisit
    some good ole memories.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4377293]Go F_ck yourself, which would probably the first time you have gotten laid since the Jets won a Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

WTF? Mods? :eek:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4377311]WTF? Mods? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Little off-topic, with regard to your avatar...what happened to Ham? The guy had many good posts I used to read before I joined.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4377311]WTF? Mods? :eek:[/QUOTE]

You have no rights in a Namath thread.

Enjoy your stay!

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4377314]You have no rights in a Namath thread.

Enjoy your stay!

-[/QUOTE]

I,m outraged.

Anyhoo, I,m on record, Namath was the greatest (and coolest). And you can,t discuss him using teh statz.
    Last edited by FF2; 02-26-2012 at 10:34 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4377313]Little off-topic, with regard to your avatar...what happened to Ham? The guy had many good posts I used to read before I joined.[/QUOTE]

I still can't talk about it. It's too upsetting.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4377324]I still can't talk about it. It's too upsetting.[/QUOTE]

Ahh...c'mon man...I take back the Boston crack.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4377327]Ahh...c'mon man...I take back the Boston crack.[/QUOTE]

He called Warfish fat. True story. Maybe some other stuff.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw it 3 times.
    It reinforced what i already knew. The man is the NY Jets.
    No matter how negative or annoying he may sound, the man has earned the right to say whatever he eff'n wants about this team and franchise

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4377330]He called Warfish fat. True story. Maybe some other stuff.[/QUOTE]

Ok...thanks....didn't realize things were so strict here haha.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4377335]Ok...thanks....didn't realize things were so strict here haha.[/QUOTE]

They arent, but Warfihst is a Vegentariat.

SO how was that possible.

More of a factual ruling.

-

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4377334]Saw it 3 times.
    It reinforced what i already knew. The man is the NY Jets.
    No matter how negative or annoying he may sound, the man has earned the right to say whatever he eff'n wants about this team and franchise[/QUOTE]

You know, you just made me feel like playing back that game footage right now, the "Whoosh" segment, where Don Maynard says, "After just ONE practice I said to myself, this guy is just INCREDIBLE"....this after saying that Namath's passes made his whole body black & blue, "like getting hit with a hammer".

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4377339]They arent, but Warfihst is a Vegentariat.

SO how was that possible.

More of a factual ruling.

-[/QUOTE]

Now I'm really confused.

Guy from video camera land trying to get slick? What a surprise.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;4377098]I did take that into consideration.

Dr. Nicholas did nothing medically to help Namath when he injured his L-thigh while waterskiing before the start of the 1970 season. Namath still has that injury to this day, which he showed to the HBO camera's. According to Namath it was the major cause of his immobility and pain, and crippled him more then both his knee injuries.

Dr. Nicholas told Namath "he shouldn't bother having surgery to repair it, NFL QB's don't need to run":rolleyes: To me it was criminal on the part of Nicholas.[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously saying that you know so little but still insist on blaming a Dr for practicing medicine before the advancements that you are basing this nonsense on?

Dr N did nothing? He gave Namath 5 years when few thought he would last half that.

What was he supposed to do with Namath's severed hammy? Invent surgical procedures that didn't exist? That was the injury that was the real beginning of the end, prevented Namath from getting out of the way of hits like never before and the injuries started to pile up.

Dr Nicholas told Namath that QB's don't need to run jokingly, there was nothing he could do, there was no surgery at that time to repair that time of torn muscle. You read that wrong.

[IMG]http://books.google.com/books?id=2LttIGhZtWIC&pg=PA356&lpg=PA356&dq=namath+torn+hamstring&source=bl&ots=muouG61nBn&sig=TonK-nr_CYWXuEmwh8EZM7ZHb5I&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TSNLT8_gAfK30gG3wLWmDg&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=namath%20torn%20hamstring&f=false[/IMG]