Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Terrell Owens scores 3TDs in debut.

TO can still be a decent #2 WR on a team that has a West Coast playbook and an established veteran QB. We have neither so he's not a fit for us.

He's old and coming off an injury but he works out like a madman and is still in great shape. It's not how fast you run a 40 yd straight line in shorts it's how good your cardio is so you still have gas in the 4th quarter when the DB's lining up against you are smoked. That's how Jerry Rice was able to be an elite WR up until he was 40.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    TO can still be a decent #2 WR on a team that has a West Coast playbook and an established veteran QB. We have neither so he's not a fit for us.

He's old and coming off an injury but he works out like a madman and is still in great shape. It's not how fast you run a 40 yd straight line in shorts it's how good your cardio is so you still have gas in the 4th quarter when the DB's lining up against you are smoked. That's how Jerry Rice was able to be an elite WR up until he was 40.
    He's an extreme bipolar nutjob - sorry but you can't fix crazy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    He's an extreme bipolar nutjob - sorry but you can't fix crazy.....
    No you can't but Owens is usually fine for 1 season and then it's afterwards he has a meltdown. Not saying he's a fit for the Jets he'd eat Sanchez alive but a team that has a veteran qb and a west coast offense could use him for 1 season.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Glad to see that he's stop playing football, but the guy cannot play in the NFL anymore. No team would sign him at this stage.
    I don't know what this arena league garbage says about anything, but your remark sounds like couch sloth fodder. The last year he played on CIN he was a productive WR. So.... you're just talking trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't know what this arena league garbage says about anything, but your remark sounds like couch sloth fodder. The last year he played on CIN he was a productive WR. So.... you're just talking trash.
    What am I talking trash? WTF? That was 2 season ago. Explain to me who would take a roster spot on a 38 year old wide receiver after coming off ACL surgery, who also has mental problems.

The guy said he was 100% recovered during the 2011 season and nobody signed him. What does that tell you?

What am I talking trash? WTF? That was 2 season ago. Explain to me who would take a roster spot on a 38 year old wide receiver after coming off ACL surgery, who also has mental problems.

The guy said he was 100% recovered during the 2011 season and nobody signed him. What does that tell you?
    /thread

people just don't get it...let it go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

It is mindboggling that anyone who follows the Jets would think that bringing TO here would be a good idea. Let's pair him with Santonio Holmes, then we can sign Randy Moss to be the 3rd stooge

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    It is mindboggling that anyone who follows the Jets would think that bringing TO here would be a good idea. Let's pair him with Santonio Holmes, then we can sign Randy Moss to be the 3rd stooge
    Totally, they can be called "Three Mile Island" after they blow up the team and isolate themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Totally, they can be called "Three Mile Island" after they blow up the team and isolate themselves...
    the thought of TO on this team is idiotic, and one could make a strong case that him in the NFL at all is idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The WR position here is a joke anyway, so why not? Holmes is not a #1 and he is overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    /thread

people just don't get it...let it go.
    Tell that to Paradis who seems to be always right (sounds like someone else) and the urge to insult people (again sounds like someone else).

Tell that to Paradis who seems to be always right (sounds like someone else) and the urge to insult people (again sounds like someone else).
    who is the someone else? sounds like about 2000 other people (including myself).
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 02-27-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    who is the someone else? sounds like about 2000 other people (including myself).
    I'll keep it at anonymous

I'll keep it at anonymous
    PM me. that's pretty anonymous. i don't know why, but i need to know now that you posted it.

All Pro

100% recovered? really? you were there were you?

WTF? I'll tell you what the ****. You wanna say the jets have no need for him, that's fine. You don't like TO? that's fine too. I'm not crazy about him either. BUT you went on to make a firm judgement that he has NO place trying to play in the NFL. The fck do you know about how well he could hold up in the league? You tellin' me he couldn't have outplayed Gibson in STL? or Robo in CLE last year? Talking trash son. don't get pissy when someone calls you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    100% recovered? really? you were there were you?

WTF? I'll tell you what the ****. You wanna say the jets have no need for him, that's fine. You don't like TO? that's fine too. I'm not crazy about him either. BUT you went on to make a firm judgement that he has NO place trying to play in the NFL. The fck do you know about how well he could hold up in the league? You tellin' me he couldn't have outplayed Gibson in STL? or Robo in CLE last year? Talking trash son. don't get pissy when someone calls you on it.
    Do me a favor, put me on ignore. I really don't feel like getting into this. You're looking to get into a fight. Don't ever call me son again, it's not wise.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

All Pro
    Do me a favor, put me on ignore. I really don't feel like getting into this. You're looking to get into a fight. Don't ever call me son again, it's not wise.
    Too bad. pff, what are you gonna do, fly over here and have coffee with me?

TO is roughly 9 months removed from his torn knee. 100% my ass. He had a productive 2010, and there are plenty of less-talented WRs even at 22, than a 38 year TO. It was the worst assessment I've ever seen you post, and you're usually well tempered. That one was just poor insight on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Do you think he's slowed down from even 2 years ago? I'm a bit jaded after having Plax.

If I was a GM (which I'm obviously not, so it's JMO) I wouldn't want to sign a player who hasn't played in at least a year - of which we signed Plaxico Burress last year, which I didn't like either.

The WR position is a young player's position. It's not like NT, where Pouha will be solid for the next 3-4 years. It's not like QB, where Brady will be Brady again next year. It's like RB, it's like CB. You need young, fast, fresh.

I'd rather we sign someone in free agency, or draft someone - preferably in round 2 and after.