Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrell Owens scores 3TDs in debut.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    GMC, you are right. He was very well behaved while he was in Buffalo and in Cincy but he's going to be 38 years old coming off ACL surgery, he cannot play in the NFL anymore. He's a waste of a roster spot and his depression spurts are dangerous to himself and the team.
    Agree to disagree. He wouldnt help the JETS on special teams, but hes a gifted and talented WR when he comes to play. Hes a fresh 38 not a used and abused 38. The JETS need some vet prescence on this team. This isnt all that far fetched when you are bargain team shopping for players.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    supposedly he had 0 catches in the first, then the D backed off the press coverage. once he was free from the press, he had 3 catches for 3 TDs, about 50 yards in the 2nd quarter. he was then held catch-less in the 2nd half.

sounds like someone we should go after, right?
    Eerily like Plax this season, no?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    supposedly he had 0 catches in the first, then the D backed off the press coverage. once he was free from the press, he had 3 catches for 3 TDs, about 50 yards in the 2nd quarter. he was then held catch-less in the 2nd half.

sounds like someone we should go after, right?
    Sounds like a Holmes game or not............

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Agree to disagree. He wouldnt help the JETS on special teams, but hes a gifted and talented WR when he comes to play. Hes a fresh 38 not a used and abused 38. The JETS need some vet prescence on this team. This isnt all that far fetched when you are bargain team shopping for players.
    Ehhhh, if it was even 3 years ago, I'd pull the trigger, but he got super old, super fast. I hope he catches on with another team, but it won't be the Jets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a Holmes game or not............

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    LOL. Truth sucks, I know.

T.O. would produce for some teams, but in spots. His age has caught up. I'm curious of Moss's situation as well.
    As the fourth WR, T.O. would be ok. His conditioning looks good but his stamina at his age is questionable. GIve him an incentive laden cotract to mull over to sign the beast for cheap

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Discuss the thread,shut the hell up already or put me on ignore.Hopefully sooner than later a mod will do something about you.

T.O looks like he can still play the game of football. I dont remember reading where he caused any problems in Cincy.
    You said yourself that he's a 4th WR; you can't possibly think that TO's baggage is something you would put up with for a #4. Stop trolling.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to think the #4 spot is for giving young guys the chance to prove themselves, and hopefully develop a future starter at the #2 or slot position.. not to give old guys the opportunity to catch a couple hundred yards and a TD or 2 over the course of the season.

If you're over 30, and play a skill position, you'd better be brought in to be a starter

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    I tend to think the #4 spot is for giving young guys the chance to prove themselves, and hopefully develop a future starter at the #2 or slot position.. not to give old guys the opportunity to catch a couple hundred yards and a TD or 2 over the course of the season.

If you're over 30, and play a skill position, you'd better be brought in to be a starter
    How do you feel about players over 40 on the roster? Not trying to start an argument but this team is in salary cap hell right now and needs to do what they can with what they've got in spending available.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you feel about players over 40 on the roster? Not trying to start an argument but this team is in salary cap hell right now and needs to do what they can with what they've got in spending available.
    Oh, i agree with you. Brunell is useless, and the jets have made some terrible decisions at WR (losing Edwards, gaining Plax, signing and cutting Mason), none of that justifies going after TO though. Let some kid with the physical tools, and a inconsistent past try and prove himself at #4, he's not going to be any more expensive.

Jeremy Kerley is a great example. He wasn't drafted to start, but ended up showing a lot of upside.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Oh, i agree with you. Brunell is useless, and the jets have made some terrible decisions at WR (losing Edwards, gaining Plax, signing and cutting Mason), none of that justifies going after TO though. Let some kid with the physical tools, and a inconsistent past try and prove himself at #4, he's not going to be any more expensive.

Jeremy Kerley is a great example. He wasn't drafted to start, but ended up showing a lot of upside.
    I think T.O can be had cheap and do more than Plax did here. Agree on Kerley. I want a true #1 WR and they may go that route in the draft depending on whos there when they pick. They overpaid for Holmes.......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    38 years old is 38 years old in the NFL, no matter how you slice it. He wasnt in the league at all last year due to injury. T.O doesnt solve any of the problems the Jets currently have. NONE.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    38 years old is 38 years old in the NFL, no matter how you slice it. He wasnt in the league at all last year due to injury. T.O doesnt solve any of the problems the Jets currently have. NONE.
    Who replaces Plax at this point who was supposed to replace Braylon Edwards?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who replaces Plax at this point who was supposed to replace Braylon Edwards?
    Why do you have to replace an old washed up WR with another really old washed up WR?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you have to replace an old washed up WR with another really old washed up WR?
    I wondered why the JETS replaced a star WR with a old washed WR myself, but if we decide to go that route again T.O would be my choice.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered why the JETS replaced a star WR with a old washed WR myself, but if we decide to go that route again T.O would be my choice.
    I think they should draft a WR in the either the first or second round and sign a free agent like a Laurent Robinson, Andre Caldwell, or Early Doucet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they should draft a WR in the either the first or second round and sign a free agent like a Laurent Robinson, Andre Caldwell, or Early Doucet.
    Pierre Garcon would be another good choice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, it's the arena league. I've literally seen janitors off the street put up 3 touchdowns in this league. It's not football.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pierre Garcon would be another good choice.
    Now you're thinking with your head on straight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genom View Post
    Dude, it's the arena league. I've literally seen janitors off the street put up 3 touchdowns in this league. It's not football.
    And we have seen a QB from that league win a Super Bowl..