Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets news from the Combine- Cimini

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4377286]Since watching the combine this weekend, the possible selection of Cordy Glenn has really grown on me. He's a huge frame and is very athletic. Really appears to be what we need up front.[/QUOTE]

Wth our #1??! check yerself son. Fcking combine's not a turbocharger. Floyd's got a whole college career of tape to dine on.

Redzone threat? ...check
    Chain moving machine? ...check
    DB murdering beast? ...fcking CHECK
    Downfield hands and speed? ...YUP

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4377286]Since watching the combine this weekend, the possible selection of Cordy Glenn has really grown on me. He's a huge frame and is very athletic. Really appears to be what we need up front.[/QUOTE]

Cordy. If we can have a killer OL everyone else gets better, from QB to RB to WR.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4377316]Cordy. If we can have a killer OL everyone else gets better, from QB to RB to WR.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one, all the Top QB's in the league have above average play on the O-line. We have to get better at both Offensive/Defensive fronts to compete for the long haul.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4377035]We don't need a #2 WR opposite Santonio Holmes. Holmes is a #2. We need a #1.

Hopefully Floyd can be that for us if we have a chance to grab him.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone said this. I was thinking the exact same thing. $50 million #2 WR in the center of locker room dissention. Not a shining triumph for Mr. T.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4377012]JetsThe latest from the combine
    February, 26, 2012
    Feb 263:52PM By Rich Cimini- A Jets' perspective on some developments at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis:

1. The wide receivers were timed Sunday and, to me, the most eye-opening performance came from Notre Dame's Michael Floyd, who clocked an impressive 4.47 in the 40. That speed, coupled with his 6-foot-3 frame, makes him attractive in the middle of the first round. The Jets, picking 16th, need a No. 2 WR to play opposite Santonio Holmes.[b] Floyd has some off-the-field concerns,[/b] so he will have to be checked out in the coming weeks. [/QUOTE]

Gee....Another WR with off-the-field issues...Imagine that. :rolleyes:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stephen Hill 6-4 215 and ran a 4.37 40yd dash enough said

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ratliff5;4377360]Stephen Hill 6-4 215 and ran a 4.37 40yd dash enough said[/QUOTE]

But does he have off the field troubles?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4377362]But does he have off the field troubles?[/QUOTE]

nope nothing and he came from a run first offense so he was asked to block alot as a receiver but still put up 820 yds 8 tds on 28 catches

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ratliff5;4377360]Stephen Hill 6-4 215 and ran a 4.37 40yd dash enough said[/QUOTE]

Dudes wake up! More recievers can't do squat if the Cheeze has no time to throw the ball or holes aren't open for our RBs... stop falling for the giltz...

Imagine Ducasse finally comes around, he and Cordy, both touted as unusually fast, are 650 lbs alone on the line, who's getting through that and Mangod?

I'd love to put that premium exahust on my Magnum Hemi but if I haven't upgraded the cam, valve, springs and ported heads it will only [B][I]sound[/I][/B] faster...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Spare me....

You haven't watched a second his tape before this weekend. Fckin kidding me... "nuff said".. Cause we haven't learned a lesson from picking dudes based on combine numbers already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4377035]We don't need a #2 WR opposite Santonio Holmes. Holmes is a #2. We need a #1.

Hopefully Floyd can be that for us if we have a chance to grab him.[/QUOTE]

+1
    The sooner the Jets realize that the better off we will be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4377302]Wth our #1??! check yerself son. Fcking combine's not a turbocharger. Floyd's got a whole college career of tape to dine on.

Redzone threat? ...check
    Downfield hands and speed? ...YUP[/QUOTE]

Free Agency may dictate what position we address in the first round. If the Jets sign a receiver prior to the draft, then Floyd may not be a need. Or perhaps if they sign an offensive lineman, then the reverse would be true.

Hard to say what is going to happen till the off season moves play out. Remember though, the wide receiver position is deep in both free agents and the draft.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4377265]Well, Sanu did have 115 catches and 1200 yards with some of the worst qb play in college, just think what he could do for Sanchez.

He also doesn't play like a 4.67 guy.
    He could be a nice 2nd round pick IMO.

[URL]http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=WE2bWR0uRxg[/URL][/QUOTE]
    I'm assuming McShay is looking at more than just stats.

I don't know much about Sanu but when I read that he "can't get open," all I think of is the Jets 2011 season.We need guys who can get separation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we waste a first round pick on a WR with all the holes on this team on both sides of the ball I will be pissed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SouthTown;4377085]Sanu is the poor man's Nicks.[/QUOTE]

Or one could say a JCo. I had a chance to talk to Mazzone. Cotch's coach at NC State. He loved him but said he was too slow for the NFL. He went on to say that if he was half a step faster people would have talked about him in the same sentence as Fitz out in Az.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4377472]I'm assuming McShay is looking at more than just stats.

I don't know much about Sanu but when I read that he "can't get open," all I think of is the Jets 2011 season.We need guys who can get separation.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but didn't they say similar things about Hakeem Nicks in 2009? That he was a possession receiver at best? He turned out to be a pretty good deep threat for the Giants.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4377472]I'm assuming McShay is looking at more than just stats.

I don't know much about Sanu but when I read that he "can't get open," all I think of is the Jets 2011 season.We need guys who can get separation.[/QUOTE]

if there's one position the jets won't reach for this draft it's wr. with pass rush and pass protection needing upgrades, i can't see them taking a wr in either the first or 2nd round unless they believe there's incredible value.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4377477]I agree, but didn't they say similar things about Hakeem Nicks in 2009? That he was a possession receiver at best? He turned out to be a pretty good deep threat for the Giants.[/QUOTE]
    Fair enough but I don't recall reports saying he can't get open. That's my main concern.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4377473]If we waste a first round pick on a WR with all the holes on this team on both sides of the ball I will be pissed.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I think our first two picks should be defense. Go pass rusher in the first. Then I'd consider trading up in the second for Mark Barron, depending on what we'd have to give up. If you can't get him then go O-Line with our second pick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4377302]Wth our #1??! check yerself son. Fcking combine's not a turbocharger. Floyd's got a whole college career of tape to dine on.

Redzone threat? ...check
    Downfield hands and speed? ...YUP[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Paradis;4377367]Spare me....

You haven't watched a second his tape before this weekend. Fckin kidding me... "nuff said".. Cause we haven't learned a lesson from picking dudes based on combine numbers already.[/QUOTE]

What's the down low of Floyd? I always hear about "character concerns" with him. Is it just a DUI or does he have more of a checkered background than that? If its just a DUI, I'm not all that concerned. DUIs are obviously serious business, but a kid making a stupid decision (that he undoubtedly learned from) is different than simply being an overall troublemaker.