Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Jets news from the Combine- Cimini

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4378850]Yeah but odds are he won't be.

Luck
    RG3
    Coples
    Upshaw
    Ingram
    Kalil
    Richardson
    Claiborne
    Blackmon

Probably all gone before 10 much less 16..........at least that's my feeling.

I don't listen to Kiper.

Probably all gone before pick #10.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, thats why I said[B] IF[/B] T-Rich was there at 16 its a no brainer to pick him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4378844]If T-Rich is there at 16 he will be the best player available by a large margin. As far as paying for him??? Not sure what your concerned about with the new rookie wage scale, its not going to break the bank. He would be the safest selection the jets could make at 16, and improve the team the first day he steps on the field.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4378854]Agreed, thats why I said[B] IF[/B] T-Rich was there at 16 its a no brainer to pick him.[/QUOTE]
    Obviously, someone (not you) doesn't understand how the draft works.

To me, it doesn't matter what position the guy plays, you take the BPA when it's your turn to pick. I never said we had to draft a RB with the #1 pick, but, like you say, if TR is there, it would be almost impossible to pass on him, unless someone rated higher is available.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4378769]Ingram is [I]projected[/I] as a viable 3-4 OLB.

Upshaw [B]is[/B] a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE.

Saban runs both.

Outside of that they are roughly the same height, weight, and speed.

But yeah, Barron is a bad pick at 16.

Safeties who can cover and play the run are the new Golden Ticket......Get Branch![/QUOTE]

Wrong, Upshaw has looked like a undersized rush 4-3 DE. Nothing wrong with that, but he has looked stiff as heck playing at LB. Ingram is the better pick as an OLB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4379005]Wrong, Upshaw has looked like a undersized rush 4-3 DE. Nothing wrong with that, but he has looked stiff as heck playing at LB. Ingram is the better pick as an OLB.[/QUOTE]

They are exactly the same size........that argument works both ways.....

6'2", 270 lbs is not undersized for DE.

Both are quick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4378894]Obviously, someone (not you) doesn't understand how the draft works.

To me, it doesn't matter what position the guy plays, you take the BPA when it's your turn to pick. I never said we had to draft a RB with the #1 pick, but, like you say, if TR is there, it would be almost impossible to pass on him, unless someone rated higher is available.[/QUOTE]

We have a winner folks! Outside of Claiborne, I agree with you go BAP.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4379013]They are exactly the same size........that argument works both ways.....

6'2", 270 lbs is not undersized for DE.

Both are quick.[/QUOTE]

Dude you are not understanding what I am saying. Ingram is a better OLB thus I didn't mention undersized 4-3 DL (though he would be as well if he played in a 4-3). Upshaw looked stiff in drills and at this point his prognosis as an LB is not looking good.