Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mets optimism

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought I would see a worse bullpen than 08. As gritty as this team is I can't see them staying in it when they give so many games away.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Garbage!!!!

Parnell throws 11-12 curveballs to the last 3 batters in the 9th. Most of them for strikes. The one fast ball he throws ties the game and he blows the save.

Bullpen is a complete joke!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Garbage!!!!

Parnell throws 11-12 curveballs to the last 3 batters in the 9th. Most of them for strikes. The one fast ball he throws ties the game and he blows the save.

Bullpen is a complete joke!
    It was a good pitch, mid 90's low and away... hitter just hit a good pitch

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    It was a good pitch, mid 90's low and away... hitter just hit a good pitch
    No it wasn't!! He is a complete low ball hitter Espinoza. It was the one place you dont want to put a fast ball and he put it right in his wheelhouse. It was 2-2 count, you don't give him his pitch.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol

It was a fun ride, they got me to 2 weeks b4 training camp. Thats more than I could have asked.

Pony up some cash for Wright, get a real right handed hitter to take Bays spot, blow up the bullpen (again) and maybe next year we can make a real run.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    joke!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a truly crushing loss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If not for a couple holes in the lineup and the bullpen this could be a really good team. Seems easy to fix but I'm not counting on the Wilpons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    If not for a couple holes in the lineup and the bullpen this could be a really good team. Seems easy to fix but I'm not counting on the Wilpons.
    That's a lot of ifs. Teams know what the Mets need and that will make the prices higher.

I expect the Mets brass to bring up Wheeler to keep the fans interested if they fall out of contention. Continue to sell the future.

I just don't see them adding any good players to the team bc that would mean adding to the payroll.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That's a lot of ifs. Teams know what the Mets need and that will make the prices higher.

I expect the Mets brass to bring up Wheeler to keep the fans interested if they fall out of contention. Continue to sell the future.

I just don't see them adding any good players to the team bc that would mean adding to the payroll.
    Not at all. It would be easy to contend if they rolled out the bankroll.Then they wouldn't have to rush the future and the fans would finally show up. They still haven't yet because they all know Ponzie Wilpon has aligator arms. If not this year, the offseason would normally present a great opportunity for a team with as much talent. That's not happening either. 2 avg OF bats and some relief pitching is too much to ask.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Painted the corner low and away. That's good hitting on a 2-2 count. 0-2 or 1-2 you may have a point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like dreams of a playoff birth are finished. This bullpen is a disgrace.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over 500 I would be happy. How much is Wright worth. Would you sign and trade him?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post

Painted the corner low and away. That's good hitting on a 2-2 count. 0-2 or 1-2 you may have a point.
    Wrong again! Espinoza is a notorious low ball hitter. You throw that pitch up, you dont give him the pitch where he hits it the best.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong again! Espinoza is a notorious low ball hitter. You throw that pitch up, you dont give him the pitch where he hits it the best.
    I'm curious. Isn't this on the catcher as much or more than the pitcher? The pitcher hit the spot that the catcher set up for him, just off the play and by the knees.

It's one thing if the pitcher threw a bad pitch, or missed the location, but it looks like the location was just in Espinoza's zone.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'm curious. Isn't this on the catcher as much or more than the pitcher? The pitcher hit the spot that the catcher set up for him, just off the play and by the knees.

It's one thing if the pitcher threw a bad pitch, or missed the location, but it looks like the location was just in Espinoza's zone.
    Well the pitcher can shake off the pitch. But yes if that was the intended spot its the catchers fault as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to see his numbers on low and away as opposed to low and middle in.

Mid 90s on the black at the knee is a good pitch, regardless of a hitters happy zone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Not at all. It would be easy to contend if they rolled out the bankroll.Then they wouldn't have to rush the future and the fans would finally show up. They still haven't yet because they all know Ponzie Wilpon has aligator arms. If not this year, the offseason would normally present a great opportunity for a team with as much talent. That's not happening either. 2 avg OF bats and some relief pitching is too much to ask.
    Again, that is a big "if". Ownership is tight. An OF bat is usually a salary dump, but the Mets aren't going to take on any salary. Same goes for relief pitching. They basically are going to have to catch lightning in a bottle.

If I was Terry Collins I would be pissed. He has managed his ass off and has gotten more out of this team than any other manager would have. For them not to get a couple of players to keep this season together is an insult to his effort and to the fans. The team deserves it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Again, that is a big "if". Ownership is tight. An OF bat is usually a salary dump, but the Mets aren't going to take on any salary. Same goes for relief pitching. They basically are going to have to catch lightning in a bottle.

If I was Terry Collins I would be pissed. He has managed his ass off and has gotten more out of this team than any other manager would have. For them not to get a couple of players to keep this season together is an insult to his effort and to the fans. The team deserves it.
    The players the Mets have been rumored to add (Ramon Hernandez, Huston Street, etc) would represent adding salary, at least for the short term. So Alderson is not totally leashed by a budget.

The key is not to give any players that would be part of the future for a run at a wild card. Not worth it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol... Just lol...

Do you have any idea how much work went into that pitch? Hours of film study, situational (SIC) stats accounted for, etc... You think because you casually observe Espinosa (so much so that you don't even know how to spell his name) a few times a year you can determine where his sweet spot is?

Not to mention the kid is absolutely atrocious with 2 strikes...

It was a solid pitch as far as location and intentions go... Good velocity, hit his mark...

Now if you want to tell me it was poor preparation for the hitter he was facing... Prove it.