Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 285

Thread: 2012 Mets optimism

  1. #261
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    lol... Just lol...

    Do you have any idea how much work went into that pitch? Hours of film study, situational (SIC) stats accounted for, etc... You think because you casually observe Espinosa (so much so that you don't even know how to spell his name) a few times a year you can determine where his sweet spot is?

    Not to mention the kid is absolutely atrocious with 2 strikes...

    It was a solid pitch as far as location and intentions go... Good velocity, hit his mark...

    Now if you want to tell me it was poor preparation for the hitter he was facing... Prove it.
    The problem with the pitch, along with all Parnell fastballs, is that it was straight as an arrow. He has no movement.

  2. #262
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,357
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    lol... Just lol...

    Do you have any idea how much work went into that pitch? Hours of film study, situational (SIC) stats accounted for, etc... You think because you casually observe Espinosa (so much so that you don't even know how to spell his name) a few times a year you can determine where his sweet spot is?

    Not to mention the kid is absolutely atrocious with 2 strikes...

    It was a solid pitch as far as location and intentions go... Good velocity, hit his mark...

    Now if you want to tell me it was poor preparation for the hitter he was facing... Prove it.
    1.They said on the broadcast that it was horrible location because he was a big time low ball hitter.

    2. Terry Collins was just being interviewed and he said the pitch was supposed to be up. Catcher setup up but the pitch was down, away in his sweet spot.

    It didnt hit the mark at all. Catcher set up high and the pitch was supposed to be up. I saw it myself and Terry Collins just confirmed it in his interview.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 07-18-2012 at 07:29 PM.

  3. #263
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Wrong again! Espinoza is a notorious low ball hitter. You throw that pitch up, you dont give him the pitch where he hits it the best.
    Come on. It wasn't that bad.

  4. #264
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,357
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Come on. It wasn't that bad.
    Listen is was a good piece of hitting. No Question! But he's a low ball hitter and Collins just said the pitch was supposed to be up, nowhere close to where the pitch was intended. The catcher set up high and he totally missed the target.

  5. #265
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,846
    Well it was an exciting half of a season. Do the Mets have anyone that they can sell off at the deadline?

  6. #266
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,357
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    Well it was an exciting half of a season. Do the Mets have anyone that they can sell off at the deadline?
    I don't think they do.

    Johan has not done well enough to bring back something special along with a team taking on his enormous salary. The Mets would have to eat a big chunk of money to move him for good prospects in return.

    Personally I'd look to move Murphy if we could get something decent in return. This way we could move Valdespin to 2nd base full time.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 07-19-2012 at 07:42 AM.

  7. #267
    bullpen has blown 19 games

  8. #268
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    bullpen has blown 19 games
    That sucks.

    An average bullpen, just average, and you are in the drivers seat for a WC spot. Still not out of it though. One good week, a 6-1 week and the Mets are right there again.

  9. #269
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,671
    Yankee fan here...but I like this Met team and its future...

    The pitching staff has real potential...

    The infield looks very sharp...

    Is there anyone in the OF worth keeping? Do u think Duda will develop?

    Bench players were good until asked to play regularly...

    Just need a OF stud and some bullpen help...

  10. #270
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,670
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post

    Is there anyone in the OF worth keeping? Do u think Duda will develop?
    No. As a DH maybe - he's a truly brutal fielder.

  11. #271
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,670
    This really is a soul crushing team. Why can't the Mets be sold to a group like the one that bought the Dodgers?

  12. #272
    that's 3 in a row now for the Amazins...11 games out of the wild card with 33 games to play- Do you believe in Miracles?

  13. #273
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    that's 3 in a row now for the Amazins...11 games out of the wild card with 33 games to play- Do you believe in Miracles?
    If all the WC teams play 500, and the Mets fo 28-5, you are totally in it.

    Would be good to see them not quit, finish strong, and be over 500 with some sort of good feelings to build on.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    If all the WC teams play 500, and the Mets fo 28-5, you are totally in it.

    Would be good to see them not quit, finish strong, and be over 500 with some sort of good feelings to build on.

    or just over 72 wins, which was the Vegas line before the season...

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    met bullpen has blown 19 guys
    fixed

  16. #276
    4 in a row, now only 10 games out of the wild card....33 to play

  17. #277

  18. #278
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,670
    This team is truly pathetic, just an embarrassment.

  19. #279
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,490
    Eagerly awaiting a 2013 Mets Optimism thread.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Eagerly awaiting a 2013 Mets Optimism thread.
    Whatever, we all would rather take the Mets rotation.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us