Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mets optimism

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    and over in the American League, it appears that Hideki Irabu may not be the complete solution to the Pinstripers number 2 starting pitcher problem and they may have to go out and buy a new 150 million dollar payroll addition shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    HAHA, Potato & friends....
    Two games in. And look at the little Metties getting all ballsy.

Friggin cute, if not hilarious.

Note to youse;

Its a loooooong season.

Btw....sg...the only difference between the Yanks spending 150 mil and the Mets not spending it...is the owners keeping it in their own pockets.

And dont tell me it's some altruistic nod to twisted sense of fairness or sportsmanship.

My money goes in..and comes out on the field, win or lose.

Your money goes in....and covers the Wilpons losses....

-

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    162 & oh

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets discuss this again 32...maybe next week or so after your Moneybagger$ come up with a way to purchase their first win of the season

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pencil Lucas Duda in for 30 jacks this year... BOOK IT!

The Duda Abides.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Two games in. And look at the little Metties getting all ballsy.

Friggin cute, if not hilarious.
    I almost feel bad for them because we all know how this story will end, even them...

Yet they're still cackling...

Amazing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 2012 Mets are ALOT better than the baseball pundits gave them credit for...as 32 said, if we get anything close to the old Jason Bay this year, look out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I almost feel bad for them because we all know how this story will end, even them...

Yet they're still cackling...

Amazing.
    OK tough guy..after CC (who sucked in his first start) you have 4 question marks in your rotation...i'll enjoy watching the Yanks underperform this year..maybe Arod won't be given the chance to make the final out of the season for the 3rd year in a row-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does every thead have to devolve into Mets vs Yankees? Seriously, it's embarrassing.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Does every thead have to devolve into Mets vs Yankees? Seriously, it's embarrassing.
    Generally it is the Mets fans that start the BS (me included) but this time it is the Yankee fans who are cracking under the pressure of Back-to-Back losses in April. It is laughable how spoiled MANY Bronx Bomber fans are.

As the man said it is a 162 game season.

I am praying (5 or 6 times a day!) to Dionysus that the Mets can keep this up but somehow the Wilpon Family decides to sell.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Generally it is the Mets fans that start the BS (me included) but this time it is the Yankee fans who are cracking under the pressure of Back-to-Back losses in April. It is laughable how spoiled MANY Bronx Bomber fans are.

As the man said it is a 162 game season.

I am praying (5 or 6 times a day!) to Dionysus that the Mets can keep this up but somehow the Wilpon Family decides to sell.
    Obviously there are a few annoying Mets homers who try to incite the Yankees fans, but they should just avoid taking the bait. Not worth it (and most of us Mets fans don't want to get into it.)

Anyway, those with optimism look like they were on the right track after the opening series. Obviously it's a small sample size, but sweeping your opening series (especially when you're playing the Braves) is nice, and most of our key pieces have been impressive -- we've gotten generally good outings from our starting pitching and key players have been hitting. Glad to see Tejada finally get involved -- hopefully Ike Davis can translate his strong spring into production soon.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wright is locked in...Ike Davis is showing some rust, but hopefully will be fine. 3 2-out runs scored tonight, great sign. Tejada making us forget Reyes so far.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fun fact: 8 of the 9 starters for the Mets last night are home grown talent...that's what you call a real team. Also, Pelfrey doubled and scored a run last night. That's what you call real baseball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got to hand it to Santana, he doesn't throw as hard, but really knows how to pitch and to change speeds. Every pitcher should watch him, it's not how hard you throw, it's how off balance you make the hitters.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, apparently David Wright may return to action as early as TOMORROW -- FRIDAY

this is astounding of course to us fans of the Mets who are used to players with "bruises" missing entire seasons. A broken pinky -- I figured no earlier than August for a return to the lineup..

This fellow fans of the Metropolitans is TRULY GROUNDS FOR MET OPTIMISM

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A nice bounce back outing from Gee tonight -- he looked very solid going seven, and the bullpen bounced back from Sunday's disaster against the Phils. Mets just seem like a well rounded team that plays good ball even if they aren't loaded with talent. The NL isn't so strong that if they keep this up they could really be in the mix.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an exciting series....to cap off the sweep with a 9th inning comeback off of Heath Bell makes it that much sweeter. Every starter for the Mets today was homegrown talent btw. Santana, Dickey and Niese with 3 incredible performances, and d Wright is now alltime rbi leader. Baseball like it oughta be!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    What an exciting series....to cap off the sweep with a 9th inning comeback off of Heath Bell makes it that much sweeter. Every starter for the Mets today was homegrown talent btw. Santana, Dickey and Niese with 3 incredible performances, and d Wright is now alltime rbi leader. Baseball like it oughta be!!!
    Shhhhh...... Brother Green is a little cranky. Have mercy on him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a series. Love the approach of the team. Total opposite of the 2006-2009.

Even when they lose, they threaten the other team a little. They hold themselves accountable for mistakes. Terry Collins is the perfect manager for a team in transition. This rebuilding process may be quicker than some thought.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Justin Turner had one of the most outstanding at bats inthe 9th. Going from 0-2 and fouling off 10 or so to draw one of those 9th inn BBs

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    What a series. Love the approach of the team. Total opposite of the 2006-2009.

Even when they lose, they threaten the other team a little. They hold themselves accountable for mistakes. Terry Collins is the perfect manager for a team in transition. This rebuilding process may be quicker than some thought.
    Well said, one of the things I've enjoyed about the Mets this year. They may not be the best, but they compete every single night. Rarely a gutless, heartless loss.