Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mets optimism

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do the Mets always wear the 60's style blue and orange uniforms and caps. Did they get rid of the black?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Do the Mets always wear the 60's style blue and orange uniforms and caps. Did they get rid of the black?
    Yes, as part of their 50th anniversary they ditched the black at home and got rid of the black drop shadow. Hopefully they keep it this way, and add a blue alternate. I love the new "old" look.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    Yes, as part of their 50th anniversary they ditched the black at home and got rid of the black drop shadow. Hopefully they keep it this way, and add a blue alternate. I love the new "old" look.
    I was a Mets fan in the early 70's as a kid - these uniforms have me fired up.
    I'm starting to follow them a bit just because of the uniforms.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I was a Mets fan in the early 70's as a kid - these uniforms have me fired up.
    I'm starting to follow them a bit just because of the uniforms.
    How 'bout the fact that they're the best story in baseball this year....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    That's mostly correct, but technically, the Black Uniforms are still around as an official alternate. However, they haven't worn them in a game this year yet and reportedly have no plans to, between the 50th anniversary and high fan demand it's clear the Black is on the way out. They want to replace it with a Blue alternate, similar to ones they wore for a couple games last year.

(Minus the Los, of course).

The reason they haven't done so yet is because they didn't give MLB enough notice for the 2012 season so they have to wait for 2013 to officially introduce them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping for 40 or 50 wins at the most. What the hell man!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mets in black today...on cue

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1/3 of the way thru the season and 8 games over.

I am shocked and very happy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Mets in black today...on cue
    Something about honoring Franco, Franco apparently liked the black because of the material is was made out of. Now they're all that Cool Base stuff. Whatever. It was one game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    God damn, RA Dickey is a CY young contender, wow.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    1-2 vs the Nats

hopefully 2 of 3 against the Pin$triper$ and their 700 million dollar payroll and $4.98 starting pitching rotation (after Chuckie Cheese)

then more tough series against the Rays, Reds, O's and 700 million dollar Pin$triper$ again

get through this stretch still a few games above or below .500, get some players back from the DL -- Tejada, Turner, Baxter, Ramirez and the Metropolitans might just be in position to be in the hunt in July, August, September and October

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    1-2 vs the Nats

hopefully 2 of 3 against the Pin$triper$ and their 700 million dollar payroll and $4.98 starting pitching rotation (after Chuckie Cheese)

then more tough series against the Rays, Reds, O's and 700 million dollar Pin$triper$ again

get through this stretch still a few games above or below .500, get some players back from the DL -- Tejada, Turner, Baxter, Ramirez and the Metropolitans might just be in position to be in the hunt in July, August, September and October
    I think I am done bashing the Yankees...outside of Arod they really don't have any dbag players, & Girardi is a good guy as well. This year has been such a pleasant surprise for our Mets...that's the focus!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see them back in the win column after the debacle in the Bronx.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    I think I am done bashing the Yankees...outside of Arod they really don't have any dbag players, & Girardi is a good guy as well. This year has been such a pleasant surprise for our Mets...that's the focus!
    You feeling alright?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Tonight is big after last night's win -- normally I'd write facing Price off as a loss but I'm confident any time Dickey takes the mound (especially against an AL team that hasn't seen him much.)

After losing to the Nats and the debacle against the Yankees it would be good to win another series, especially against a good team like the Rays... Mets need to win a road series against a good team...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You feeling alright?

yeah, counter-productive...maybe my daughters have taken the chip off my shoulder. Just want the Mets to slither their way into the playoffs somehow...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    yeah, counter-productive...maybe my daughters have taken the chip off my shoulder. Just want the Mets to slither their way into the playoffs somehow...
    They are playing well. For a year that they weren't expected to do much, if they are playing some real meaningful, playoff implications baseball in Septemeber, that's a good deal.

And everyone knows now, just make the playoffs. Just get there and get hot for a few weeks, and anything can happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where was this Mets team last week?

Dickey with has a 1 hitter with 10 strikeouts after six. Mets rocked Price for 11 hits and 7 runs...

Such a streaky team...

RA Dickey should really be in the Cy Young conversation if he isn't already.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    These last two games have been just what the Mets needed coming off of a rough week.

Just another complete game victory for Dickey - guy is unreal.
    Last edited by Lithfan; 06-13-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    on target to make it through this stretch that ends with the pin$triper$ at Citifield still above the 500 mark

which puts them, amazingly, in the hunt for the rest of the season

re the Pin$triper$, hopefully they return the favor that the Mets are providing in St Petersburg with some wins vs the Nats