Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peter King: MMQB on Manning

Peter King: MMQB on Manning

"best guesses for Manning, if he can throw well and is released, in order: 1. Miami, 2. New York Jets, 3. Washington, 4. Seattle, 5. Arizona"

Read more: [url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/02/27/combine/index.html#ixzz1nasy8do0[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Being a dome team, Arizona would make the most sense, wouldn't it?

I just can't see Manning in Miami, knowing he'd have to compete in a very tough division.

All League
    Insight by Peter King. Those have been the teams every analyst has thrown out since it was assumed he's being released.

[QUOTE=MrJames;4377478]"best guesses for Manning, if he can throw well and is released, in order: 1. Miami, 2. New York Jets, 3. Washington, 4. Seattle, 5. Arizona"

Read more: [url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/02/27/combine/index.html#ixzz1nasy8do0[/url][/QUOTE]

he's such a Dolt.

His list isn't wrong I just think the order is wrong.

1. Arizona 2. Miami 3. New York Jets 4. Washington 5. Seattle

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4377544]Being a dome team, Arizona would make the most sense, wouldn't it?

I just can't see Manning in Miami, knowing he'd have to compete in a very tough division.[/QUOTE]

that + larry fitz

plus here's the division

49ers - Warm
    St. Louis - Dome
    Seattle - Only cold weather team, but still moist environment, good for his neck.

i put seattle last on my list because it's not a playoff ready team IMO...they "overachieve" in that division year after year...and by overachieve i mean .500 at best. ARI is the one team on that list that with a QB has the guns.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 02-27-2012 at 12:45 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4377627]that + larry fitz

plus here's the division

49ers - Warm
    St. Louis - Dome
    Seattle - Only cold weather team, but still moist environment, good for his neck.[/QUOTE]

And Seattle is just one road game per season.

I agree that AZ would be a good fit for Manning. Does anyone think he wants to spend 4 games per year facing Belichick and Rex Ryan? I don't. Does anyone think he wants to visit NE, Buffalo and the Jets all outside? I don't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Does anyone think he wants to play for the dolphins? The worst franchise in professional sports.

i hope tanny and ryan look at that jet/patsie playoff game that's posted here. sanchez has the ability. he was hampered by schitty being schitty. gotta wonder who told cotchery he wasn't part of the team's plans.

Now that the Rams are reportedly going to trade the 2nd Overall pick, I expect the loser of the PM race to trade up and get RG3.

I think Washington might end up outbidding Miami. But those two teams have one big bug each when it come to Peyton.

Miami- Play Brady twice a year
    Washington- Play Eli twice a year.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-27-2012 at 07:51 PM.

This all after 3 weeks ago when he was a lock for going to Washington.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4377650]Does anyone think he wants to play for the dolphins? The worst franchise in professional sports.[/QUOTE]He did just buy a house in South Beach and has been spotted lunching many times with Marino...

Hall Of Fame
    Funny how in the last week or so all the analysts that had Manning a cripple are starting to come around.

I just hope he goes anywhere but Miami. Jets don't need 4 games a year vs. Brady and Manning. Could you imagine if Manning went to Miami and RG3 to Buffalo? Hello AFC East cellar.

Might be worth it for the Jets to run up the price on Miami, even if the Jets have no intention of getting him they should try to play a little "keep-away".

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4378165]Funny how in the last week or so all the analysts that had Manning a cripple are starting to come around.

I just hope he goes anywhere but Miami. Jets don't need 4 games a year vs. Brady and Manning. Could you imagine if Manning went to Miami and RG3 to Buffalo? Hello AFC East cellar.

Might be worth it for the Jets to run up the price on Miami, even if the Jets have no intention of getting him they should try to play a little "keep-away".[/QUOTE]

That might be why they left the door open on the rumors.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4378173]That might be why they left the door open on the rumors.[/QUOTE]

In a perfect world (if Jets don't get Manning themselves;)) Manning and RG3 go to the Redskins and Cardinals.

[QUOTE=MrJames;4377478]"best guesses for Manning, if he can throw well and is released, in order: 1. Miami, 2. New York Jets, 3. Washington, 4. Seattle, 5. Arizona"

Read more: [url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/02/27/combine/index.html#ixzz1nasy8do0[/url][/QUOTE]

Rams announced today that they are taking to Miami, Washington and Cleveland about the no. 2 pick.

[QUOTE=Rambler;4378222]Rams announced today that they are taking to Miami, Washington and Cleveland about the no. 2 pick.[/QUOTE]

Wonder what it would take for Miami to move up?

Smart move by St. Louis. Now the teams think they're competing for the spot.

Here would be my 2 guesses where he winds up:

1. Retired
    2. Signed by team but retires before season

Why does anyone think he will be able to physically play. I would say there is almost no chance he takes another regular season snap.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;4378263]Here would be my 2 guesses where he winds up:

1. Retired
    2. Signed by team but retires before season

Why does anyone think he will be able to physically play. I would say there is almost no chance he takes another regular season snap.[/QUOTE]

this - why risk being a cripple? And I'm assuming he's not using Mark Brunell's financial advisor...

[QUOTE=Peebag;4378265]this - why risk being a cripple? And I'm assuming he's not using Mark Brunell's financial advisor...[/QUOTE]

Why does no one consider his staying where he is, the deal being:

You play if able but make room for luck if you aren't. Meantime, worst case is you, one of the great QBs of all time, coach the little prick and teach him (as you and dad have been doing at your FB camp BTW) how to play NFL football.

Win Win for Indy, Manning and Luck.

What's the downside for PM?

I hope he retires for his sake. I'd hate to see him go "Favre"