Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peter King: MMQB on Manning

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4378331]Why does no one consider his staying where he is, the deal being:

You play if able but make room for luck if you aren't. Meantime, worst case is you, one of the great QBs of all time, coach the little prick and teach him (as you and dad have been doing at your FB camp BTW) how to play NFL football.

Win Win for Indy, Manning and Luck.

What's the downside for PM?[/QUOTE]

So the Colts are just going to hand him the 28M bonus and both sides are just going to hope for the best? Luck has been very clear about his desire to start from Day 1, and Peyton has a notorious reputation for being callous to his backups and denying them practice snaps with the first team offense. He would have no interest in grooming a successor given that everyone around him he trusted in the org (besides Irsay) is now gone. It would be a match made in hell... Peyton is absolutely gone from the Colts.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4377627]
    Seattle - Only cold weather team, but still moist environment, good for his neck.

[/QUOTE]

... :rofl: ... this one struck me funny :cool: ... gotta get that moistness for the neck :D ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I am Peyton, I go to the Chiefs. First of all, Dwayne Bowe is there. Those two would be awesome together. J Charles, J Baldwin, Moaeki (TE), etc. Plus a ton of cap room for another big FA WR and offensive lineman or two.

The chiefs D is good and young. Definitely on the rise in a very, very winnable division.

They could make some noise with the right QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If $1.8 billion had netted the Jets and Giants a retractable roof stadium, then I could see Manning coming to us. As an aside, I don't know how it didn't. Two sets of owners can't get a retractable roof for that figure is beyond me.......

However, he's not. He'll go someplace hot or someplace domed. If not I think he'll call it quits.

Yeah playing across town from his baby bro maybe enticing, but it's not enough.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4378369]... :rofl: ... this one struck me funny :cool: ... gotta get that moistness for the neck :D ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

hah i sounds stupid but it's actually true...a nerve/neck injury like this, cold dry weather would absolutely kill him...a moist environment would help him out.

that's why i think the AFC/NFC East as a whole are both absolutely terrible divisions for him. and i'm not even taking into account the divisional breakdown.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4378344]I hope he retires for his sake. I'd hate to see him go "Favre"[/QUOTE]

Favre with less range of motion. I agree that he should and actually think he will retire.

Just throwing around ideas since it's a topic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4378684]Favre with less range of motion. I agree that he should and actually think he will retire.

Just throwing around ideas since it's a topic.[/QUOTE]

Wow look at you ridiculing 1 of the best all time QBs to play the game a guy who played through injuries and family issues always leaving it all on the field. Since when dd you get a P.H.D to evaluate Manning and decide his future?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378798]Wow look at you ridiculing 1 of the best all time QBs to play the game a guy who played through injuries and family issues always leaving it all on the field. Since when dd you get a P.H.D to evaluate Manning and decide his future?[/QUOTE]

Settle down, Archie.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378798]Wow look at you ridiculing 1 of the best all time QBs to play the game a guy who played through injuries and family issues always leaving it all on the field. Since when dd you get a P.H.D to evaluate Manning and decide his future?[/QUOTE]

WTF are you talking about???

The guy has had 4 neck surgeries with another one coming. How am I ridiculing anyone?!?!

Favre played the reitrement game, and I simply said Manning should hang them up given his multiple neck surgeries. You're a ****ing moron with no semblance of common sense.

And who said I am deciding his future?!?!? you really must be a 12 year old ****knob.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4378851]WTF are you talking about???

The guy has had 4 neck surgeries with another one coming. How am I ridiculing anyone?!?!

Favre played the reitrement game, and I simply said Manning should hang them up given his multiple neck surgeries. You're a ****ing moron with no semblance of common sense.

And who said I am deciding his future?!?!? you really must be a 12 year old ****knob.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me, or is the board a little testy today?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

DUDE, ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4378856]Is it just me, or is the board a little testy today?[/QUOTE]

Things are even spilling into the hampur.

Its ugly on the interwebz today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4378856]Is it just me, or is the board a little testy today?[/QUOTE]

Shut yr fOOK up!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    SI's Peter King reports Peyton Manning would like to be a part of a "package deal" with free agent Reggie Wayne.
    King says Manning would "love" to see the pairing happen, while Wayne is "very interested in the combo platter." According to King, "at least" two potential suitors are already open to the idea. King believes the Dolphins, Jets, Seahawks, Redskins and Cardinals would all be open to the arrangement in some form. Noted for the nearly telepathic connection he likes to cultivate with his receivers, the move would be a boon for Manning, but it's possible Wayne's demands in free agency could spoil the party.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378912]SI's Peter King reports Peyton Manning would like to be a part of a "package deal" with free agent Reggie Wayne.
    King says Manning would "love" to see the pairing happen, while Wayne is "very interested in the combo platter." According to King, "at least" two potential suitors are already open to the idea. King believes the Dolphins, Jets, Seahawks, Redskins and Cardinals would all be open to the arrangement in some form. Noted for the nearly telepathic connection he likes to cultivate with his receivers, the move would be a boon for Manning, but it's possible Wayne's demands in free agency could spoil the party.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind this, but it is unlikely given the cap situation this team is in. Too many holes to fill. I am beginning to feel that even if Manning was healthy, the Jets would still struggle b.c there are soo many question marks with the team.

If they both were willing to come in on 3yr deals that were reasonable in price that would be a different story. Wayne is a good player who I think can be productive but I think the last couple of years on his deal will end up being an albatross. I think he is going to be looking for 4yrs minimum.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    How is San Francisco not on the short list for Manning?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4378954]How is San Francisco not on the short list for Manning?[/QUOTE]

A healthy Manning (although I think no such thing exists) with that defense, could have an all time season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4378954]How is San Francisco not on the short list for Manning?[/QUOTE]

Salary cap reasons or maybe they like what they saw in Alex Smith. If it werent for those fumbles the 49ers would have won that game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378912]SI's Peter King reports Peyton Manning would like to be a part of a "package deal" with free agent Reggie Wayne.
    King says Manning would "love" to see the pairing happen, while Wayne is "very interested in the combo platter." According to King, "at least" two potential suitors are already open to the idea. King believes the Dolphins, Jets, Seahawks, Redskins and Cardinals would all be open to the arrangement in some form. Noted for the nearly telepathic connection he likes to cultivate with his receivers, the move would be a boon for Manning, but it's possible Wayne's demands in free agency could spoil the party.[/QUOTE]

can u stop posting stuff from roto without quoting it. it gives off the impression you know what youre talking about.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    still think that Snyder is going to throw a 30 million guaranteed plus incentives at GreedyArchieLLC and Manning will take his unhealed neck to DC to become the next Donavan McNabb for that moron