Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Much is Too Much at the Vets Office?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do they allow pound dogs on cheap buses to the Pocanos? Or is it just chicken and sheep?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dog:

[url=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/Beerfish27/Nibbs/NibbsFeb82012A.jpg]Nibbs standing[/url]

[url=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/Beerfish27/Nibbs/Nibbscloseup.jpg]Nibbs face[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    You spend what you can afford and no more, and if it's more than you can afford you just cry it out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4379006]My dog:

[url=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/Beerfish27/Nibbs/NibbsFeb82012A.jpg]Nibbs standing[/url]

[url=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/Beerfish27/Nibbs/Nibbscloseup.jpg]Nibbs face[/url][/QUOTE]

Beautiful dog. I love Labs.

Here is a pic of my dog Jet.

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Jet/IMG_8937.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4378376]Getting a dog was one of the best things I ever did- by far. I'll be devastated when he dies but if its from old age (or being put down due to an age related illness), he's lived a good life and he blessed my family's life. At the end of the day you can't ask for much more than that.

Not to sound Oprah-like but when the time comes that you do lose your dog, you can't "replace" it but there is always room for another in your heart.

I grew up with hunting dogs but went smaller when I had my own house and kids. I did do a fair amount of research as to breed longevity and health trends and chose a West Highland Terrier.

The person who coined the phrase 'money can't buy happiness' never owned a dog.[/QUOTE]

Cutest dog ever. Very affectionate too.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4378744]A few years ago I spent $381 on a partial leg amputation only to have him come up missing a week after his staples came out. Also, my Wiemariner chased off a Mtn Lion 1 month after having her fixed. I guess you know what happens when a dog catches a mtn lion. Poor girl.
    The local Game and fish claim they're not still here, but a dozen of us have seen her and she is whelping youngn's on my 80 acres. Supposedly they leave as soon as the young can travel and go higher up in the mtns.
    So my luck with vet money has all been wasted, but if the dog is part of your family, you do all you can.[/QUOTE]

Great story!

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4378999]Do they allow pound dogs on cheap buses to the Pocanos? Or is it just chicken and sheep?[/QUOTE]

MLR*!

SAR I
    [SIZE="1"]Mountain Lions Rock![/SIZE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4379126]Beautiful dog. I love Labs.

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Jet/IMG_8937.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Black and white on color.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4379109]You spend what you can afford and no more, and if it's more than you can afford you just cry it out.[/QUOTE]

+1

A decently equipped mountain lion is $49 a month on lease.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How cool would it be to have a pet mountain lion?

"meh meh meh my pet yorkie she's just like a member of the family meh meh meh"

"meh meh meh this is my French poodle Fifi. Fifi can bark in four languages meh meh meh."

Hi Fifi. This is Kitty. Kitty, eat that hairball piece of ****.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank god my pup is in great health eats all organic and is like hes 3 years old at 7 as far as energy...ive had him since 7 weeks old....he only ot an ear infection once and just stay up with cleaning them and he is in good shape...i dont even think of the day he isnt around our fam....I love the pup to much i would have to get another one after a week of him passing just cause he is part of the family i would never spend too much money prolonging death to be an uncomfortable one...its not worth the great life he is having...I would want the same for my self as well...i told everyone not to keep me hooked up to machines and medicine to live a miserable life

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4378744]A few years ago I spent $381 on a partial leg amputation only to have him come up missing a week after his staples came out. Also, my Wiemariner chased off a Mtn Lion 1 month after having her fixed. I guess you know what happens when a dog catches a mtn lion. Poor girl.
    The local Game and fish claim they're not still here, but a dozen of us have seen her and she is whelping youngn's on my 80 acres. Supposedly they leave as soon as the young can travel and go higher up in the mtns.
    So my luck with vet money has all been wasted, but if the dog is part of your family, you do all you can.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SAR I;4379255]Great story!

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SAR I;4379256]MLR*!

SAR I
    [SIZE="1"]Mountain Lions Rock![/SIZE][/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Nice.

Go check out a new lease, I'll give you some time to do it.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4379303]:rolleyes:

Nice.

Go check out a new lease, I'll give you some time to do it.

-[/QUOTE]

The dog hating schtick is his worst shtick of all his schticks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4379313]The dog hating schtick is his worst shtick of all his schticks.[/QUOTE]

That was hateful.

No one can go for bad joke quicker than me...but that was too much.

:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4379126]Beautiful dog. I love Labs.

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Jet/IMG_8937.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Awesome looking dog, looks totally at home in the snow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are dog biscuits made out of Collie flour?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4379313]The dog hating schtick is his worst shtick of all his schticks.[/QUOTE]

+1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Comedy without edge is not comedy. It's, IDK, Disney...the Family Circus or Friends or the Brady Bunch. Tell somebody "You can be funny but you can't say anything mean..." then you've quaranteened the very best comedy---George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Rodney Dangerfield--as censored, off limits. Because it might hurt someone's feelings.

Lame.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4379339]Comedy without edge is not comedy. It's, IDK, Disney...the Family Circus or Friends or the Brady Bunch. Tell somebody "You can be funny but you can't say anything mean..." then you've quaranteened the very best comedy---George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Rodney Dangerfield--as censored, off limits. Because it might hurt someone's feelings.

Lame.[/QUOTE]

TIming is part of Comedy too, Bushkins.

The line is so fine...it moves sometimes...its alive.

If you cant sense the line....

**** you.

/endthreadIwin

:alien:

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4379341]TIming is part of Comedy too, Bushkins.

The line is so fine...it moves sometimes...its alive.

If you cant sense the line....

**** you.

/endthreadIwin

:alien:

-[/QUOTE]

someone has a case of the Mondays!