Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrell Owens coming back for the love of the game

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrell Owens coming back for the love of the game

Or maybe not.

Sorry, I couldn't post this in the other TO thread because I thought it was written wholly by the Onion.

T.O.?

On the Jets?

Wow, the Jets have some of the DUMBEST fans in the world.

Hahahahaaaaa...T.O. to the Jets.

You can't make this stuff up.

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/terrell-owens-foreclosure_n_1302896.html[/url]

[B][SIZE="3"]Terrell Owens Faces Foreclosure: Two Dallas Condos To Be Auctioned Next Month [/SIZE][/B]

The Huffington Post Bonnie Kavoussi First Posted: 02/27/2012 9:50 am Updated: 02/27/2012 12:58 pm

Just because football star Terrell Owens has earned $80 million over the course of his career doesn't mean he's immune to foreclosure.

Owens, the star wide-receiver notorious for his off-field antics, is facing foreclosure on two of his Dallas condominiums, according to RealtyTrac, a real estate site that tracks foreclosure filings. The two upscale condos, which are less than three miles apart, will be auctioned on March 6, according to RealtyTrac.

One of the condos is at the luxury Azure Condominiums, and the other is at 3701 Commerce Street, according to RealtyTrac.

Owens isn't the first athlete to fall on tough financial times. More than three-fourths of retired NFL players lose their fortune within two years, and sixty percent of NBA players become financially insolvent within five years of quitting.

Owens has lost nearly all of his money due to bad investments and steep child support payments, according to a recent profile in GQ. In addition, expensive mortgage payments on his multiple properties have become unsustainable. Owens' property in Atlanta is on the market, and he sold a place in south Jersey for less than half the amount that he had paid for it, according to GQ.

Exacerbating his financial troubles, Owens, who has had an NFL career that includes stints in San Francisco, Dallas , Cincinnati, Philadelphia and Buffalo was unemployed in 2011 because he needed to recover from a surgery on his left knee.

But Owens has a job in football again. He scored three touchdowns on Sunday night in his first game for the Indoor Football League's Allen Wranglers, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Though Owens may be one of the most notable Americans facing foreclosure, he's not alone. About 1.4 million homeowners are in the foreclosure process, according to CoreLogic. And approximately one in five homeowners owe more on their homes than they are worth, according to CoreLogic.

But substantial help for these homeowners doesn't appear to be arriving any time soon. Though some troubled borrowers will receive money and principal reductions thanks to the recent national mortgage settlement, the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- which hold or guarantee nearly half of all outstanding mortgages -- refuse to consider partial loan forgiveness to allow troubled borrowers to stay in their homes.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel bad for him, but he's not getting a job in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4378228]I feel bad for him, but he's not getting a job in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Certainly not with the Jets.

How did you last as long as you did in that other idiotic thread?

Oh, and I don't feel bad for him.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4378230]Certainly not with the Jets.

Oh, and I don't feel bad for him.

_[/QUOTE]

People are entitled to their opinions, that's all I'm gonna say.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who wants him on the Jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm only standing right here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4378230]
    [/QUOTE]

Heres what I posted.

Terrell Owens scores 3TDs in debut.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl,wp19473[/url]

This guy can still play the game............

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="6"]THIS THREAD BELONGS IN THE DUMP[/SIZE][/FONT]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378272]Heres what I posted.

Terrell Owens scores 3TDs in debut.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl,wp19473[/url]

This guy can still play the game............

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="6"]THIS THREAD BELONGS IN THE DUMP[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

you literally have yet to post something logical to date.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do we always argue?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4378274]you literally have yet to post something logical to date.[/QUOTE]

Dont we have a T.O thread already going? If I posted this you guys would be all over me. JStokes is trolling 100%.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378282]Dont we have a T.O thread already going? If I posted this you guys would be all over me. JStokes is trolling 100%.[/QUOTE]

C'mon dude, stop trying to cause
    An argument all the time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4378236]People are entitled to their opinions, that's all I'm gonna say.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, too bad for him. What a waste man. How depressing

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4378287]C'mon dude, stop trying to cause
    An argument all the time.[/QUOTE]

Im not but JStokes started this troll thread to attack myself and other posters who have different opinions about T.O than he does.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378291]Im not but JStokes started this troll thread to attack myself and other posters who have different opinions about T.O than he does.[/QUOTE]

Who cares man. He's not deliberately trying to start an argument. I've seen posts where you're right and you think like a level headed person but it's posts like these that drives some people up walls. I'm not going there with you anymore, I don't want to. You'd be more like able if you just be yourself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4378212]Or maybe not.

Sorry, I couldn't post this in the other TO thread because I thought it was written wholly by the Onion.

T.O.?

On the Jets?

Wow, the Jets have some of the DUMBEST fans in the world.

Hahahahaaaaa...T.O. to the Jets.

You can't make this stuff up.

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/terrell-owens-
    foreclosure_n_1302896.html[/url]

[B][SIZE="3"]Terrell Owens Faces Foreclosure: Two Dallas Condos To Be Auctioned Next Month [/SIZE][/B]

The Huffington Post Bonnie Kavoussi First Posted: 02/27/2012 9:50 am Updated: 02/27/2012 12:58 pm

Just because football star Terrell Owens has earned $80 million over the course of his career doesn't mean he's immune to foreclosure.

Owens, the star wide-receiver notorious for his off-field antics, is facing foreclosure on two of his Dallas condominiums, according to RealtyTrac, a real estate site that tracks foreclosure filings. The two upscale condos, which are less than three miles apart, will be auctioned on March 6, according to RealtyTrac.

One of the condos is at the luxury Azure Condominiums, and the other is at 3701 Commerce Street, according to RealtyTrac.

Owens isn't the first athlete to fall on tough financial times. More than three-fourths of retired NFL players lose their fortune within two years, and sixty percent of NBA players become financially insolvent within five years of quitting.

Owens has lost nearly all of his money due to bad investments and steep child support payments, according to a recent profile in GQ. In addition, expensive mortgage payments on his multiple properties have become unsustainable. Owens' property in Atlanta is on the market, and he sold a place in south Jersey for less than half the amount that he had paid for it, according to GQ.

Exacerbating his financial troubles, Owens, who has had an NFL career that includes stints in San Francisco, Dallas , Cincinnati, Philadelphia and Buffalo was unemployed in 2011 because he needed to recover from a surgery on his left knee.

But Owens has a job in football again. He scored three touchdowns on Sunday night in his first game for the Indoor Football League's Allen Wranglers, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Though Owens may be one of the most notable Americans facing foreclosure, he's not alone. About 1.4 million homeowners are in the foreclosure process, according to CoreLogic. And approximately one in five homeowners owe more on their homes than they are worth, according to CoreLogic.

But substantial help for these homeowners doesn't appear to be arriving any time soon. Though some troubled borrowers will receive money and principal reductions thanks to the recent national mortgage settlement, the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- which hold or guarantee nearly half of all outstanding mortgages -- refuse to consider partial loan forgiveness to allow troubled borrowers to stay in their homes.

_[/QUOTE]

Great thread Stokes. I don't think TO would be a good fit with Holmes and all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He did put up 980 yards and 9 TDs in 14 games as a Bengal in 2010 before the injury so I think he does still have game left. The people ripping others saying he can't play make it seem like he was terrible his final season. I sure as hell don't want him on the Jets but people need to stop making him out to be completely terrible. He doesn't have an NFL job because of his knee injury before free agency last year, character, and off field issues..not neccesarrily lack of skill.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4378322]He did put up 980 yards and 9 TDs in 14 games as a Bengal in 2010 before the injury so I think he does still have game left. The people ripping others saying he can't play make it seem like he was terrible his final season. I sure as hell don't want him on the Jets but people need to stop making him out to be completely terrible. He doesn't have an NFL job because of his knee injury before free agency last year, character, and off field issues..not neccesarrily lack of skill.[/QUOTE]

Nobody said he doesn't have skill. He is a Hall of Famer, 1st ballot. Yea he did well when he was on the Bengals in 2 0 1 0... 2 years ago. Will not have played an NFL game in what will be over 2 years at 38 years old. He has problems, bigger than football.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4378212]Wow, the Jets have some of the DUMBEST fans in the world.
    [/QUOTE]

You're just realizing this?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378291]Im not but JStokes started this troll thread to attack myself and other posters who have different opinions about T.O than he does.[/QUOTE]

He didn't name you. He just said...

[QUOTE=JStokes;4378212]Wow, the Jets have some of the DUMBEST fans in the world.[/QUOTE]

Oh.... wait.... ohhhhhh..... never mind .

:alien:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is when your team is in salary cap hell and needs to bargain basement shop for players, fans like myself try to figure out who we can get to play here for next to nothing.

Current WRs are Holmes,Kerley,Turner..........if you dont think this is a problem then who is the dumb fan?