Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrell Owens coming back for the love of the game

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378468]Problem is when your team is in salary cap hell and needs to bargain basement shop for players, fans like myself try to figure out who we can get to play here for next to nothing.

Current WRs are Holmes,Kerley,Turner..........if you dont think this is a problem then who is the dumb fan?[/QUOTE]

TO is not the answer though. You said it yourself that Plax was a huge mistake, and I agree. Why make the same mistake twice?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378468]Problem is when your team is in salary cap hell and needs to bargain basement shop for players, fans like myself try to figure out who we can get to play here for next to nothing.

Current WRs are Holmes,Kerley,Turner..........if you dont think this is a problem then who is the dumb fan?[/QUOTE]

TO doesn't have the skill set to play on the NFL, he was held to 3 catches in the worst league in history and scored on part time stock boys and you think he can compete day on day out, for an entire football season and give good production?

How about the team gets a young receiver who is going to play for more than 2 years and will perform at a consistent level all season

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378291]Im not but JStokes started this troll thread to attack myself and other posters who have different opinions about T.O than he does.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me.

This is NOT a trolling thread, I merely felt the other "TO scores 7 TDs in a flag football game--Jets should sign the beast" was so stupid, so idiotic, so beneath me that I could not post in it for fear that it's stupidity could somehow leech out through the internetz to my computer and somehow infect me.

This is a COMPLETELY different thread discussing a former football player--a certified lockerroom disease-- and what his REAL motivation is for coming back to football, and how pitiful this guy had allowed his life to become.

I didn't want to start a BS whine-fest in YOUR thread, please have the courtesy not to whine and moan and cry out to the mods in MY thread.

Savvy?

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4378477]TO is not the answer though. You said it yourself that Plax was a huge mistake, and I agree. Why make the same mistake twice?[/QUOTE]

I never said T.O would be the answer. Im looking at this situation from the financial perspective. We have many glaring needs and little money to fix them.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4378531]Excuse me.

This is NOT a trolling thread, I merely felt the other "TO scores 7 TDs in a flag football game--Jets should sign the beast" was so stupid, so idiotic, so beneath me that I could not post in it for fear that it's stupidity could somehow leech out through the internetz to my computer and somehow infect me.

This is a COMPLETELY different thread discussing a former football player--a certified lockerroom disease-- and what his REAL motivation is for coming back to football, and how pitiful this guy had allowed his life to become.

I didn't want to start a BS whine-fest in YOUR thread, please have the courtesy not to whine and moan and cry out to the mods in MY thread.

Savvy?

_[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4378477]TO is not the answer though. You said it yourself that Plax was a huge mistake, and I agree. Why make the same mistake twice?[/QUOTE]

This is what my sigs been all about, and my tirade for the past 4 months.

If you subscribe to the aforementioned above, then you have to join the "enough fcking around, draft a WR early" campaign.

Obviously take the board into account, but to pass on Floyd for example is unforgiveable at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378721]

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

LOLGFY.

Go play in your idiotic thread about how great an idea it would be for the Jets to sign an over-the-hill, injured, locker-room disease because he's cheap.

Seriously, buy a f*cking clue.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378721]I never said T.O would be the answer. Im looking at this situation from the financial perspective. We have many glaring needs and little money to fix them.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree but that wasn't the impression you were giving everyone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378721]I never said T.O would be the answer. Im looking at this situation from the financial perspective. We have many glaring needs and little money to fix them.

you never said TO is the answer? in so many words you felt he was the "answer" to our given situation.

he's the "answer" to our cap situation, hence you feel he's the answer. then say "well we screwed up with Plax, let's do the same thing and hope it won't be as bad"

A) He's not the answer in any form
    B) Stop it.
    C) Ban yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4378777]you never said TO is the answer? in so many words you felt he was the "answer" to our given situation.

he's the "answer" to our cap situation, hence you feel he's the answer. then say "well we screwed up with Plax, let's do the same thing and hope it won't be as bad"

[B]B) Stop it.
    C) Ban yourself.[/B]

[/QUOTE]

And try not to be a dick in this thread.

Otherwise, go play in the idiotic one.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4378777]you never said TO is the answer? in so many words you felt he was the "answer" to our given situation.

B) Stop it.
    C) Ban yourself.[/QUOTE]

Plax spent the previous 2 seasons in jail and played 0 football and we signed him. T.O played for Cincy stayed in shape and out of trouble is in shape and is now playing football. From a football perspective he could possibly help this team as a low budget fix.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4378793]And try not to be a dick in this thread.

Otherwise, go play in the idiotic one.

_[/QUOTE]

Not being a dick, take your own advice in all threads!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378801]Plax spent the previous 2 seasons in jail and played 0 football and we signed him. T.O played for Cincy stayed in shape and out of trouble is in shape and is now playing football. From a football perspective he could possibly help this team as a low budget fix.[/QUOTE]

So which is it? Sign him or don't sign him?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378801]Plax spent the previous 2 seasons in jail and played 0 football and we signed him. T.O played for Cincy stayed in shape and out of trouble is in shape and is now playing football. From a football perspective he could possibly help this team as a low budget fix.

Not being a dick, take your own advice in all threads![/QUOTE]

Again, LOLGY.

You're stating the same stupidity in this thread as in the other idiotic thread.

Please go infect that one with your stupidity.

TO should not be allowed anywhere near Florham Park.

Not for a $1 million.

Not for the league minimum.

Not for a single dollar.

Not even if he pays the Jets and agrees to buy all of Rex's snacks.

It's f*cking stupid.

But you keep on being an illogical dick, it's your style, seems to be working out well for you.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sad :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378801]Plax spent the previous 2 seasons in jail and played 0 football and we signed him. T.O played for Cincy stayed in shape and out of trouble is in shape and is now playing football. From a football perspective he could possibly help this team as a low budget fix.
    [/QUOTE]

once again...

WHAT IS YOUR POINT?! That we shouldn't have signed plax but since we did and in your words made a mistake, that we should sign TO and use plax as a justification to do so?

YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4378823]I'm sad :([/QUOTE]

if i were a mod, there is a list of about 5 people that would be permabanned.

i guess that's why i'm not a mod :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since when is this kind of behavior tolerated on the board?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4378842]Since when is this kind of behavior tolerated on the board?[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4378842]Since when is this kind of behavior tolerated on the board?[/QUOTE]

I guess they figure it drives site traffic.

I stayed out of the other thread, was just looking for [I]come on[/I] courtesy.

:D

_

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4378721]I never said T.O would be the answer. Im looking at this situation from the financial perspective. We have many glaring needs and little money to fix them.

Wow, we're stupid.

When you said he could still play, could be signed on the cheap and would be an ideal 4th WR we thought you wanted to sign him to be our 4th WR.

What the f*&C were we thinking? :rolleyes:

Not being a dick, take your own advice in all threads![/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4378866]Wow, we're stupid.

When you said he could still play, could be signed on the cheap and would be an ideal 4th WR we thought you wanted to sign him to be our 4th WR.

What the f*&C were we thinking? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

LMAOOOOO /thread

oh yeah and :rolleyes: