Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College

LOL

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjbJOSwq3A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjbJOSwq3A[/URL]

All League
    Santorum is the worst politician the country has come up with in a long time time. He really sucks. His idea that colleges have all become indoctrination centers for the left is just laughable. Now obviously college isn't for everyone, but anyone who wants to go should have the opportunity to do so.

[QUOTE=adb280z;4378309]Santorum is the worst politician the country has come up with in a long time time. He really sucks. His idea that colleges have all become indoctrination centers for the left is just laughable. Now obviously college isn't for everyone, but anyone who wants to go should have the opportunity to do so.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Santorum is more right than wrong here.

This country needs more vocational schools and less fat chicks with degrees in rug munching.

[url]http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-of-President-Barack-Obama-Address-to-Joint-Session-of-Congress[/url]

[QUOTE]And so tonight, I ask every American to commit to at least one year or more of higher education or career training. This can be community college or a four-year school; vocational training or an apprenticeship.[/QUOTE]

President Obama's Address to Joint Session of Congress on Tuesday, February 24th, 2009

All League
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4378319]Actually, Santorum is more right than wrong here.

This country needs more vocational schools and less fat chicks with degrees in rug munching.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, college isn't for everyone but it should be available for anyone qualified to go.

Yeah, the world needs ditch diggers too.

Education is wikkedly overrated.

ugh. What is this guy talking about??? Santorum is definitely living in the past. In today's world the best gauge for upward mobility is education.

[QUOTE=adb280z;4378351]Like I said, college isn't for everyone but it should be available for anyone qualified to go.[/QUOTE]

But what has college morphed into? The value of an undergraduate degree has diluted to almost something meaningless.

Generations ago being a "college man" meant something, not everything, but something.

Higher education has evolved into a hustle of gargantuan proportions.

And what's most galling is that nothing is done about tuition rates that seem to exist outside the realm of supply and demand.

An undergraduate degree is hardly a scarcity - yet the price of getting one has become astronomical.

We need more vocational schools.

And besides, from what I can tell, the guys I went to high school who became tradesmen do quite well for themselves. The high achieving guys who went to film school? Let's just say there's some disillusionment there. Is this anyone else's observation?

[QUOTE=sackdance;4378528]But what has college morphed into? The value of an undergraduate degree has diluted to almost something meaningless.

Generations ago being a "college man" meant something, not everything, but something.

And what's most galling is that nothing is done about tuition rates that seem to exist outside the realm of supply and demand.

An undergraduate degree is hardly a scarcity - yet the price of getting one has become astronomical.

And besides, from what I can tell, the guys I went to high school who became tradesmen do quite well for themselves. The high achieving guys who went to film school? Let's just say there's some disillusionment there. Is this anyone else's observation?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good summary here. Lots of kids in college do not belong. Probably a third of D1 football and basketball players do not belong.
    As far as going to college if qualified? Fine. Part of "qualified" means paying the bill or a good part of it. I don't care if you're smart, if you can't afford Duke, go to NC Greensboro.
    There's all this talk of good manufacturing jobs. Don't need a degree to work on the line. Here in Charleston, the new Boeing plant now has 6,000 employees (started with 4,000 and Barack tried to close it). Only a small fraction have degrees but the jobs pay well.

All Pro
    So let's see. Obama says he wants everybody to have an equal opportunity to go to college. Santorum's toadies grab this otherwise banal and benign comment and rub their hands together gleefully. "Ah ha! Got him!" Now statement is twisted to Obama wants EVERYBODY to go to college, no alternative, that slimy snob! He's dissing the uneducated, the unskilled, the semi-skilled, the plumber, the chef, the cook, and the stripper. And of course, he mentioned the word "college." Toadies rub their hands together a second time gleefully. "College!" That bastion of liberal indoctrination! So not only is Obama demanding that everybody go to college, but he has a secret agenda to make them all liberals... and... then, yes, to VOTE for him! Of course, by the time all these sheep get to college and get indoctrinated, Obama will no longer be able to run for President. Maybe by then he will have revised the Constitution with the help of his elitist college cronies and extend Presdential terms of office past two... heck, make it eight. That'll fix those dumb as a post, unskilled boobs who vote Republican.

It all makes sense. :yes::confused: :eek:

[QUOTE=sackdance;4378528]But what has college morphed into? The value of an undergraduate degree has diluted to almost something meaningless.

And besides, from what I can tell, the guys I went to high school who became tradesmen do quite well for themselves. The high achieving guys who went to film school? Let's just say there's some disillusionment there. Is this anyone else's observation?[/QUOTE]

College educated people have a 4.4% unemployment rate. Compare that to the overall employment rate and tell me again that college is meaningless

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4378809]College educated people have a 4.4% unemployment rate. Compare that to the overall employment rate and tell me again that college is meaningless[/QUOTE]
    College is meaningless. For starters, I doubt highly that 4.4%; unemployment tends to be underreported to begin with.

Besides people are working decades to pay off higher education debt. This is a tragic development.

Again, does anyone here, like me, know multiple people who regret their higher education decisions?

College is meaningless.

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4378784]So let's see. Obama says he wants everybody to have an equal opportunity to go to college. Santorum's toadies grab this otherwise banal and benign comment and rub their hands together gleefully. "Ah ha! Got him!" Now statement is twisted to Obama wants EVERYBODY to go to college, no alternative, that slimy snob! He's dissing the uneducated, the unskilled, the semi-skilled, the plumber, the chef, the cook, and the stripper. And of course, he mentioned the word "college." Toadies rub their hands together a second time gleefully. "College!" That bastion of liberal indoctrination! So not only is Obama demanding that everybody go to college, but he has a secret agenda to make them all liberals... and... then, yes, to VOTE for him! Of course, by the time all these sheep get to college and get indoctrinated, Obama will no longer be able to run for President. Maybe by then he will have revised the Constitution with the help of his elitist college cronies and extend Presdential terms of office past two... heck, make it eight. That'll fix those dumb as a post, unskilled boobs who vote Republican. [/QUOTE]
    Are you on meth?

All League
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4378760]
    As far as going to college if qualified? Fine. Part of "qualified" means paying the bill or a good part of it. [/QUOTE]

So poor people need not apply?

[QUOTE=sackdance;4378835]College is meaningless. For starters, I doubt highly that 4.4%; unemployment tends to be underreported to begin with.

Besides people are working decades to pay off higher education debt. This is a tragic development.

Again, does anyone here, like me, know multiple people who regret their higher education decisions?

College is meaningless.[/QUOTE]

In Florida and many other states the tuition is subsidized by the States. I went to a SUNY school and my tuition was $4000 per year. Even today for NYS residents tuition is under $10,000. That's less than I currently pay for my 5 year old to go to private Kindergarten. If you chose to go to a high priced private out of state school and regret that choice that is fine. For me I'm happy I went.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4378784]So let's see. Obama says he wants everybody to have an equal opportunity to go to college. Santorum's toadies grab this otherwise banal and benign comment and rub their hands together gleefully. "Ah ha! Got him!" Now statement is twisted to Obama wants EVERYBODY to go to college, no alternative, that slimy snob! He's dissing the uneducated, the unskilled, the semi-skilled, the plumber, the chef, the cook, and the stripper. And of course, he mentioned the word "college." Toadies rub their hands together a second time gleefully. "College!" That bastion of liberal indoctrination! So not only is Obama demanding that everybody go to college, but he has a secret agenda to make them all liberals... and... then, yes, to VOTE for him! Of course, by the time all these sheep get to college and get indoctrinated, Obama will no longer be able to run for President. Maybe by then he will have revised the Constitution with the help of his elitist college cronies and extend Presdential terms of office past two... heck, make it eight. That'll fix those dumb as a post, unskilled boobs who vote Republican.

It all makes sense. :yes::confused: :eek:[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

Just look at the posts on this thread.

It's easy to separate the sane, normal Republicans from the Dog Whistle Republicans.

Really makes you feel bad for the sane ones that their party is being piloted by a bunch of freaks. :nono:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4378835]College is meaningless.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sackdance;4378838]Are you on meth?[/QUOTE]

LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=parafly;4378971]LOL[/QUOTE]

The funny thing for me with those posts is that with what I learned in college, I could easily make meth (ala Heisenberg). Wouldn't have the first clue otherwise. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4378979]The funny thing for me with those posts is that with what I learned in college, I could easily make meth (ala Heisenberg). Wouldn't have the first clue otherwise. ;)[/QUOTE]

Potato is breaking bad??? :P

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4378963]Pretty much.

Just look at the posts on this thread.

It's easy to separate the sane, normal Republicans from the Dog Whistle Republicans.

Really makes you feel bad for the sane ones that their party is being piloted by a bunch of freaks. :nono:[/QUOTE]

I dont think the party is piloted by the "freaks". Look at party leadership. Paul Ryan, Christie, Romney, Coburn, Demint. The Palins and Santorums of the party appeal to the hardcore right wingers. They are in the news now because of the primaries. There is no Democratic primary so that is the news cycle. Contrast that with the Democrats led by their looney left fringe of Pelosi, Obama and Reid. The difference I see is that both partys have a hardcore group with views that don't conform to mainstream thought. Democrats actually put their loony group in power. Republicans simply pander to their looney fringe but they rarely nominate those types for office.