Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santorum: Satan is Systematically Destroying America

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like

Santorum: Satan is Systematically Destroying America

Wow

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4jopm7hYFk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4jopm7hYFk[/URL]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Satan's greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys misunderstood the comment. He was referring to Miroslav Satan the hockey player on the Boston Bruins.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't see how a 21st century American citizen can listen to that and think
    "Yes, this man should be President."

I hope he gets the nomination and the campaign is about his religiosity and he gets beat decisively.

And really, from where does he get his pseudo 'history of satan'? How does he know at or are there 'satan scholars' that keep tabs on satan's moves throughout the centuries? Oh wait, academia was the first to be corrupted by satan, so...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4378537]I just don't see how a 21st century American citizen can listen to that and think
    "Yes, this man should be President."

I hope he gets the nomination and the campaign is about his religiosity and he gets beat decisively.

And really, from where does he get his pseudo 'history of satan'? How does he know at or are there 'satan scholars' that keep tabs on satan's moves throughout the centuries? Oh wait, academia was the first to be corrupted by satan, so...[/QUOTE]

Santorum's popularity is a myth. Right now, he's garnering votes from three sources:

1) Religious nut jobs who believe this kind of silliness
    2) GOP voters making statement votes that they're displeased with the choice of Romney (but will come back in the general)
    and the group that no one is talking about...
    3) Democrats who are able to vote in open GOP primaries in some states.

Sum it all up and it still won't be enough to come close to being nominated. Romney is the guy, like it or not. Santorum only exists as a character for the media to keep the primary campaign interesting, and for liberals to project his zaniness on the rest of the GOP and distract from the real issues like the economy. He has absolutely no traction with people who take this election seriously and objectively.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4378764]Santorum's popularity is a myth.[/QUOTE]

The next seven days will be very telling. In my opinion, I agree with you and think the race will be settled after the results of Super Tuesday.

If the Republicans want any shot in the general election, they better hope you are right.

Santorum is a religious extremest who claims to be for small government but governed during and enabled the biggest growth in federal government in the history of the country. It's really mind boggling how he is even in consideration at this stage of the game. He has no chance against Obama.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4378764]Santorum's popularity is a myth. Right now, he's garnering votes from three sources:

2) GOP voters making statement votes that they're displeased with the choice of Romney (but will come back in the general)

Sum it all up and it still won't be enough to come close to being nominated. Romney is the guy, like it or not. Santorum only exists as a character for the media to keep the primary campaign interesting, and for liberals to project his zaniness on the rest of the GOP and distract from the real issues like the economy. He has absolutely no traction with people who take this election seriously and objectively.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I was watching The State of Union address and when I looked at the TV in a mirror, I saw Obama's head swivel 180 degrees backwards and there were little horns protruding just above his ears. It was only a split second, but I saw it. I think Rick Santorum noticed too...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4378764]Santorum's popularity is a myth. Right now, he's garnering votes from three sources:

Sum it all up and it still won't be enough to come close to being nominated. Romney is the guy, like it or not. Santorum only exists as a character for the media to keep the primary campaign interesting, and for liberals to project his zaniness on the rest of the GOP and distract from the real issues like the economy. He has absolutely no traction with people who take this election seriously and objectively.[/QUOTE]
    The one silver lining I see is that if Santorum gets the nod and the general election beat-down that would accompany a Santorum-Obama election, the Republican Party may move on from its "we lost because we were insufficiently right wing!" delusions

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4378496]Satan's greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist![/QUOTE]

I hear God, Jesus, Alha, Santa, the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny all copied the same trick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4378797]The next seven days will be very telling. In my opinion, I agree with you and think the race will be settled after the results of Super Tuesday.

If the Republicans want any shot in the general election, they better hope you are right.

Santorum is a religious extremest who claims to be for small government but governed during and enabled the biggest growth in federal government in the history of the country. It's really mind boggling how he is even in consideration at this stage of the game. He has no chance against Obama.[/QUOTE]

2 more states in Romney's pocket. Hopefully after next Tuesday, we can finally move on from the endless stream of media gimmicks that is Palin-Perry-Cain-Santorum and actually start talking about the issues.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4379442]2 more states in Romney's pocket. Hopefully after next Tuesday, we can finally move on from the endless stream of media gimmicks that is Palin-Perry-Cain-Santorum and actually start talking about the issues.[/QUOTE]

Didn't the GOP change the Primary so there could be an actual race?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4379510]Didn't the GOP change the Primary so there could be an actual race?[/QUOTE]

It was a terrible strategic move. The GOP was not happy with the way the race went in 2008. Their thought was that in a longer primary there would be more ample opportunity to vet candidates for the best choice. That is a good strategy when there is no incumbent running and both parties are battling simultaneously. In an incumbent election cycle this drawn out primary has been a horrible strategy. The GOP candidates are spending resources and attacking each other while the Dems are sitting back and gathering funds. They have essentially gotten the GOP to do their dirty work. You have Santorum and Gingrich spending money attacking the eventual nominee. For the GOP the faster this primary gets wrapped up the better. They should have been attacking Obama rather than each other.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4379442]2 more states in Romney's pocket. Hopefully after next Tuesday, we can finally move on from the endless stream of media gimmicks that is Palin-Perry-Cain-Santorum and actually start talking about the issues.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Trump, Bachmann, and Gingrich. :D

In any case, it's pretty much in the bag for Romney.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4379547]They should have been attacking Obama rather than each other.[/QUOTE]
    Don't worry about that. The case against Obama is easy to make and easy to comprehend. Why give Obama's media parrots months extra to excuse away his failures?

There is no way around how Obama pledged to halve the $10 trillion deficit and then shot it to $16 trillion in 3 years.

Think how will this play in "swing states", especially ones that are gloomier now than they were in 2008?

Obama has to make a case for 4 more years of massive spending.

Romney has to make the case that Obama sucks.

Advantage: Romney.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4379658]
    Think how will this play in "swing states", especially ones that are gloomier now than they were in 2008? [/QUOTE]

I don't think B.O. will win VA, NC, PA, Fl, OH like he did in '08. Or at least thats what I hope.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, you make it sound so simple, but Romney isn't very good and the primaries have shown that over and over. The GOP doesn't want him, but America will, great slogan. :eek:

[QUOTE=sackdance;4379658]Don't worry about that. The case against Obama is easy to make and easy to comprehend. Why give Obama's media parrots months extra to excuse away his failures?

There is no way around how Obama pledged to halve the $10 trillion deficit and then shot it to $16 trillion in 3 years.

Think how will this play in "swing states", especially ones that are gloomier now than they were in 2008?

Obama has to make a case for 4 more years of massive spending.

Romney has to make the case that Obama sucks.

Advantage: Romney.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4379670]I don't think B.O. will win VA, NC, PA, Fl, OH like he did in '08. Or at least thats what I hope.[/QUOTE]
    I could see him winning PA - or at least, I can't see the usual convenient Philadelphia-area polling miscommunications letting the state go for Romney.

This is why I love that plan that was floated in Harrisburg to split the electoral votes; Philadelphia politicians were outraged.

You want to see true anger? Try shortchanging a cheater.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4379683]I could see him winning PA - or at least, I can't see the usual convenient Philadelphia-area polling miscommunications letting the state go for Romney.

This is why I love that plan that was floated in Harrisburg to split the electoral votes; Philadelphia politicians were outraged.

You want to see true anger? Try shortchanging a cheater.[/QUOTE]

Or watch him on Dancing with the stars. :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4379683]I could see him winning PA - or at least, I can't see the usual convenient Philadelphia-area polling miscommunications letting the state go for Romney.

You want to see true anger? Try shortchanging a cheater.[/QUOTE]

Can you think of any states thats went R in 08 that will go D in 12? Do you think the bloodbath the voters handed the D's in '10 will vote the same way to oust B.O.? If they do, I don't see how the guy can get re-elected.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4379676]LOL, you make it sound so simple, but Romney isn't very good and the primaries have shown that over and over. The GOP doesn't want him, but America will, great slogan. :eek:[/QUOTE]
    It is that simple.

And if Romney is installed as leader of the Republican Party expect him to make efficient use of its resources.