Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rams trading 2nd overall pick

[QUOTE=NPTJET53;4378507]If the jets are trading Sanchez, its not for a rookie QB, its for Manning.[/QUOTE]

You do not trade a 3rd year Qb with an, as yet, unknown ceiling for a 14 year vet with arm issues. Shannys ego will make him think he can lift MS play to another level. Snyder likes it as it is not a very expensive move in either picks or salary. RGIII and Luck will both be better Qbs than MS at the three year mark.

I think Fisher is going to get the Rams playing again and it first starts with this trade. Bradford is good. How good can he be? Don't know. but getting a haul for pick #2 will certainly help him if they can add a top WR and a good blindside tackle (they whiffed on Jason Smith in 2009, IMO) in the first round this year from the picks the acquired. hell, they should do what the 49ers and Jets did a few years back, stockpile the line. if the Rams can get 2 first rounders, draft two lineman. forget the 1st round WR. they have a ton of cap room, go after a vet in free agency -- Vincent Jackson? Colston?

Jets Insider VIP
    So anybody have the cap situation on Washington, Miami and Cleveland?

All League
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4378639]So anybody have the cap situation on Washington, Miami and Cleveland?[/QUOTE]Washington is way under the cap, like $40m or so. They're in very good shape.

[QUOTE=cedk;4378510]Rams should keep pick and take RG III trade Bradford for a first rounder.
    Its a no brainer to me.
    Bradford will be in his third system in three years and did poorly last year.[/QUOTE]

Bradford's sophomore season was abysmal but he was offensive rookie of the year, and has infinitely less to work with than Sanchez. And his contract is even larger. Why is it so easy to call for Bradford's head after 2 years but the thought of moving Sanchez after 3 is unthinkable?

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4378548]Bradfords salary makes him 100% untradeable.

Not to mention that it would be the wrong move anyway. The Rams are going to get a ransom in picks and be in the position to rebuild their team very quickly.[/QUOTE]
    Thats just it get rid of high salaried guy and replace with maybe better player and still get picks. But I understand the ransom of picks they also can get. Rams are in a good spot.
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4378718]Bradford's sophomore season was abysmal but he was offensive rookie of the year, and has infinitely less to work with than Sanchez. And his contract is even larger. [B]Why is it so easy to call for Bradford's head after 2 years but the thought of moving Sanchez after 3 is unthinkable?[/B][/QUOTE]Because they can get RG3 and his mobility.
    I still like Bradford but do feel his career is being hurt by so many systems

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4378718]Bradford's sophomore season was abysmal but he was offensive rookie of the year, and has infinitely less to work with than Sanchez. And his contract is even larger. Why is it so easy to call for Bradford's head after 2 years but the thought of moving Sanchez after 3 is unthinkable?[/QUOTE]

And now he gets to work with Schitty! I pity the fool!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cedk;4378737]Thats just it get rid of high salaried guy and replace with maybe better player and still get picks. But I understand the ransom of picks they also can get. Rams are in a good spot.
    Because they can get RG3 and his mobility.
    I still like Bradford but do feel his career is being hurt by so many systems[/QUOTE]

Right, but no other team is going to want that salary for a player coming off a bad year.

[QUOTE=JetinHuntersville;4378772]And now he gets to work with Schitty! I pity the fool![/QUOTE]

:eek: OMG I forgot.Poor guy. Thats just terrible. Hopeful Fisher helps out on offense

Cleveland has more ammo than the Skins as far as picks go. StL is in a very nice position though as 3 or 4 teams will be bidding for that pick.

I think Stl will get a kings ransom out of this.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4378718]Bradford's sophomore season was abysmal but he was offensive rookie of the year, and has infinitely less to work with than Sanchez. And his contract is even larger. Why is it so easy to call for Bradford's head after 2 years but the thought of moving Sanchez after 3 is unthinkable?[/QUOTE]

Bradford is going nowhere as well. Who has said the rams are cutting Bradford??? They are trading the second pick in the draft, that should tell you something.

[QUOTE=TKasper01;4378557]So are you saying it cannot happen as written or you just do not want it to happen?[/QUOTE]

I'm sayin it's not a bad idea , but this not baseball and deals like this rarely go down in the nfl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Interesting blurb in Roto via SI on the #2 pick today....

SI.com's Peter King confirms the Rams have already received a trade "feeler" for the No. 2 pick from a team "you would never expect."

Let the intrigue begin. Our initial guesses are the Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, and perhaps the Jets. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli were blown away by RGIII over the weekend. Griffin told King he "really enjoyed" his time with Andy Reid, and the Eagles have a pair of second-rounders in addition to Asante Samuel and DeSean Jackson to dangle in front of St. Louis. Regardless, the Browns and Redskins remain the heavy favorites to land RGIII.

Philly should be kicked in the nuts if they make a move on RG3 about a year after giving vick the big contract.

KC I could see for sure. How about Zona? Pittsburgh as a huge darkhorse? Roths was very ticked off when Arians got canned and he would bring backhuge value in a trade as well.

[QUOTE=ozu;4378660]Washington is way under the cap, like $40m or so. They're in very good shape.[/QUOTE]
    I'm surprised Washington's cap is actually in good shape, considering Snyder's typical reckless spending. But getting rid of a bum like Painsworth must've helped eventually...

Agree that Browns and Redskins are the front runners to land RG III.

Fisher must be salivating at the trade possibilities and playing these needy teams against each other

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4378481]quite frankly, I think the pick can be gotten on the cheap, similiar to what the Browns did with the Sanchez pick -[/QUOTE]
    I don't think so. The salary slotting makes the pick more attractive.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cedk;4378510]Rams should keep pick and take RG III trade Bradford for a first rounder.
    Its a no brainer to me.
    Bradford will be in his third system in three years and did poorly last year.[/QUOTE]
    Bradford did poorly primarily due to poor OL play and injuries to key WR's. I think he's smart enough to assimilate different systems.

I just feel bad for him because his third system will be the cluster**** we're all too familiar with.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4379158]Bradford did poorly primarily due to poor OL play and injuries to key WR's. I think he's smart enough to assimilate different systems.

I just feel bad for him because his third system will be the cluster**** we're all too familiar with.[/QUOTE]

If Bradford does well in the system, isn't that a bit of an indictment on Sanchez?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Schadenfreude;4379200]If Bradford does well in the system, isn't that a bit of an indictment on Sanchez?[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That is the giant elephant of JI.

[QUOTE=TKasper01;4378500]Three way trade
    Sanchez to the Redskins
    Redskins first to the Jets
    This way the Redskins get their starter and it only costs them a 1st.
    Jets trade two firsts and a 3rd this year and a second next. I really think the Colts are taking RGIII. Luck is not a bad option for sure. We then take the next two or three years building around him to make a consistent winner for the next 10 or 12 years.

What say you?[/QUOTE]

That would KILL us.