Thread: NFL.com video: Steve Mariucci tests RGIII

NFL.com video: Steve Mariucci tests RGIII

Seems to know his stuff. If the Jets were impressed with Sanchez bringing his own receivers to workout with him before the draft, the Jets should trade everything to get a shot at RGIII.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d82742179/RGIII-shows-his-smarts?module=HP11_cp[/url]

No they shouldn't

I'd be shocked if a serious NFL QB prospect couldn't remember this kind of play or draw it up himself. It's not exactly a quantum physics equation. But knowing all the routes and making the split-second decision to hit the right one based on the developing play, let alone executing it well, are two very different things. Not a knock on RGIII at all, for the record. I think he can be really good.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jxc;4378347]If the Jets were impressed with Sanchez bringing his own receivers to workout with him before the draft[/QUOTE]

LOL.

That shouldn't have impressed them. It should have raised a red flag.

Banned
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4378420]LOL.

That shouldn't have impressed them. It should have raised a red flag.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

All League
    lol and people ***** now about giving away picks for Revis and Harris. This place would melt down if the Jets traded away their 1st and 2nd rounders for the next 2 years.

Please, you dont think Sanchez absolutley KILLED these kind of interviews?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jxc;4378347]the Jets should trade everything to get a shot at RGIII.[/QUOTE]

Dump

My prediction is that RG3 has concussion problems.

Much like I had Best rated as undraftable, I consider Griffin in a similar light.

All League
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4378433]Please, you dont think Sanchez absolutley KILLED these kind of interviews?[/QUOTE]

+1

just about any highly ranked college qb can write down a play like that (except jamarcus russell or ryan leaf). heck terry bradshaw could probably do it and we all know that goober favre was excellent at describing what happened on plays.

[QUOTE=Chupa;4378433]Please, you dont think Sanchez absolutley KILLED these kind of interviews?[/QUOTE]

And by the same token Cam Newton absolutely bombed them and had zero expectation of him being able to call a play let alone run an offense.

LOL can you see the thought bubble over RGIII's head when Mooch is drawing and trying to intimidate him, saying 'What an *******'.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 02-28-2012 at 09:15 PM.

[QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4379229]And by the same token Cam Newton absolutely bombed them and had zero expectation of him being able to call a play let alone run an offense.

Mariucci also crowed, on and on when Vick returned to the game that he was going to completely transform the position of QB if not the entire game of football. Still waiting.[/QUOTE]

I went back and watched some Carolina games... Carolinas OL is miles better than ours, although the D had to play on their heels too...

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4379233]I went back and watched some Carolina games... Carolinas OL is miles better than ours, although the D had to play on their heels too...[/QUOTE]

(It was Steve Young that said that about Vick not Mariucci, I've deleted it).

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4378445]Dump[/QUOTE]
    Exactly, what a ridiculous thread

Lol I don't even play Madden much but I memorized that play before he even finished erasing it. Very, very simple and I haven't played a down of organized football in my life. I think it was the way Mariucci described it because it lent it self to memorization.