Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what's the deal, are horrible mustaches "in" now, or something?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lone Star Lady;4378678]moustaches, scooters, Walmart . . . if only a turkey leg, too

[IMG]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2ogk5uzyr1qzxfuto1_500.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Man.

Rob Halford has really let himself go....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, and add to that list hats.

:alien:
    _

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4378519]Bradley Cooper's 'stache during the Oscars stunned me. I hope it's for a role. But when you're f**King Zoe Saldana, you can do what ever you like, I guess.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/1330313127bradleycooper.jpg/][IMG]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6348/1330313127bradleycooper.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

As soon as I saw that I told my wife that this was the prelude to a mustache comeback. :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4378765]As soon as I saw that I told my wife that this was the prelude to a mustache comeback. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Soon-to-be-recognized visionary.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SDJETS;4378659]It started as a hipster thing I think. Tons of slightly overweight guys with 'staches, bowler hats, vests, and too tight pants riding fixed gear bikes around my neighborhood. :shakehead:dunno:[/QUOTE]

Bingo

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4378519]Bradley Cooper's 'stache during the Oscars stunned me. I hope it's for a role. But when you're f**King Zoe Saldana, you can do what ever you like, I guess.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/1330313127bradleycooper.jpg/][IMG]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6348/1330313127bradleycooper.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

Zack Galifiniakas was sporting almost an identical mustache with a scruffy beard. They're either in a movie together or it was an inside joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the moustache, goatee thing and occasionally beard for some time. This last weekend when I decided to shave my head I did away with all the facial hair as well. I look like a freaking bowling ball. :(

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The economy is in the chitter, they're just saving soup for later.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4378969]Zack Galifiniakas was sporting almost an identical mustache with a scruffy beard. They're either in a movie together or it was an inside joke.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a bit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a chick and I only like mustaches if they're accompanied by a goatee or full beard. The facial hair look I prefer most on guys is the look where they haven't shaved for 2 or 3 days- not a real beard but definitely some stubble.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4379039]I'm a chick and I only like mustaches if they're accompanied by a goatee or full beard. The facial hair look I prefer most on guys is the look where they haven't shaved for 2 or 3 days- not a real beard but definitely some stubble.[/QUOTE]

Can I introduce you to my good friend Southside?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4379039]I'm a chick and I only like mustaches if they're accompanied by a goatee or full beard. The facial hair look I prefer most on guys is the look where they haven't shaved for 2 or 3 days- not a real beard but definitely some stubble.[/QUOTE]

What about a guy who might say something like, "I have had the moustache, goatee thing and occasionally beard for some time. This last weekend when I decided to shave my head I did away with all the facial hair as well. I look like a freaking bowling ball." Hot?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are just in it for the tax rebate.

[QUOTE][B]Staffer Refers Mustache Bill to Committee, Without Congressman's Consent[/B]

[B]Daniel Halper[/B]

February 28, 2012 3:54 PM

The American Mustache institute earlier today made this surprising announcement:
    [INDENT]After barnstorming the Nation’s Capitol in support of the proposed [B][I]Stache Act[/I][/B] (details and white paper [URL="http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/stache-passions/tax-incentive/"]here[/URL]), the office of of [sic] Maryland 6th district U.S. Rep. Roscoe Bartlett informed the American Mustache Institute that the congressman has begun the process of ensuring the[URL="http://stacheact.com/"]‘Stache Act[/URL] becomes law by passing the proposal to the House Ways and Means Committee for study — an essential first step for tax legislation.[/INDENT]The surprising thing is not that a congressman—Rep. Bartlett, a Republican—would support the creation of another tax loophole. “The Stache Act (Stimulus to Allow for Critical Hair Expenses) [B] aims to earn a well-deserved $250 annual tax deduction for every Mustached American for expenditures on mustache grooming supplies,[/B]” the website [URL="http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/stache-passions/tax-incentive/"]reads[/URL].

Instead, it was odd that Bartlett would even participate in what clearly seems to be an elaborate parody of Washington, D.C., think tanks and advocacy groups—and Congress. (The group is, after all, holding a rally on Capitol Hill on April 1.)

So I called Bartlett’s office to see if something so silly could possibly be real. Sure enough, it is—but there’s a wrinkle: Congressman Bartlett was never aware that the bill had been referred to the committee in his name.

“Congressman Bartlett has referred their proposal to the Ways and Means Committee, without commenting on the merit of the bill,” Lisa Wright, Bartlett’s press secretary, told me. The House Ways and Means Committee, Wright explained, has jurisdiction since the Stache Act is a tax bill.

Wright was then asked that since Bartlett referred the bill with comment, would she be able to comment on her boss’s opinion of the proposed legislation. “Congressman Bartlett merely referred it without recommendation,” Wright told me after a big pause.

Indeed, Wright conceded, when asked whether it’s a waste of the congressman’s time to be toying with legislative stunts like this one, that Bartlett actually knew nothing about the bill he supposedly had referred to the House Ways and Means Committee.

“I did not raise it with him,” Wright admitted. “Actually it’s a staff referral . . . I did it, I referred it.” When asked whether Congressman Bartlett knew about the referral, Wright sheepishly said, “I don’t think I told him yet.”

This sort of action, say staffers on the Hill, is almost unheard of “unless there is some sort of special relationship between the staffer and the boss, which it doesn’t sound like there is in this case,” a senior House aide says.

[B]UPDATE[/B]: Lisa Wright called Wednesday morning to clarify that she only referred the mustache proposal to the Ways and Means Committee, and did not actually send a bill to the committee. In a follow-up message left on my voicemail, Wright says, “Please check Thomas to look for the Stache Act. You will not find it. It does not exist. There is no bill. There is no legislation. And an advocacy group that characterizes it as legislation—and you used that term with me—does not make it legislation.”

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/staffer-refers-mustache-bill-committee-without-congressmans-consent_632956.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4379039]I'm a chick and I only like mustaches if they're accompanied by a goatee or full beard.[B] The facial hair look I prefer most on guys is the look where they haven't shaved for 2 or 3 days- not a real beard but definitely some stubble[/B].[/QUOTE]

That's me on weekends, last day I'll shave is probably Wed, thursday absolute latest. The GF likes it, but now that it's starting to turn, I'm starting to look like Brett Favre :O

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a thing called Mustache March, did it a couple years ago at work with a bunch of other guys. It was funny seeing what we all looked like daily! Everyone grew hiddeous staches, but it was hilarious, until you left the safe confines of work and you looked like a complete molester. Couldnt wait until March 31st to shave that thing off!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/023/658/116622d1247877021-denizens-foh-i-call-upon-thee-olde_tits_or_gtfo_anonib.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry I can't help myself.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a moustache like Johnny Depp and my girls appreciate it.