Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Team Contacts Rams for #2 Pick

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Unexpected Team Contacts Rams for #2 Pick

[url]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii[/url]

SI.com's Peter King confirms the Rams have already received a trade "feeler" for the No. 2 pick from a team "you would never expect."
    Let the intrigue begin. Our initial guesses are the Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, and [B]perhaps the Jets[/B]. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli were blown away by RGIII over the weekend. Griffin told King he "really enjoyed" his time with Andy Reid, and the Eagles have a pair of second-rounders in addition to Asante Samuel and DeSean Jackson to dangle in front of St. Louis. Regardless, the Browns and Redskins remain the heavy favorites to land RGIII.

Take it for what its worth. Just saw this over at rotoworld.com. How would you feel if Jets made a push for the number 2 pick?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    my guess for the mystery team is the broncos.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I speculated in the other thread, Pittsburgh.

Roths is seriously upset at the fact that Arians was fired. Pitt could get a lot if they traded Roths to lessen the blow of what they would have to give up to get RG3.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't think the jets would seriously consider trading up. tanny's rep has taken a hit by sacrificing a bunch of picks in recent drafts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not worth it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think it a bit irresponsible to suggest the Jets would consider going to no. 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who do the JETS covet to move up to the #2 pick and what would they trade for it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The price of moving up from 16 would be ridiculous - like Dickerson, Walker or Jeff George trade levels. Three number 1s plus more. Love RG3, but not at that kind of price. Pass.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4379030]I speculated in the other thread, Pittsburgh.

Roths is seriously upset at the fact that Arians was fired. Pitt could get a lot if they traded Roths to lessen the blow of what they would have to give up to get RG3.[/QUOTE]

Even less chance it's the Steelers than the Jets. They have an elite QB at a high value contract with a tight cap and no room to eat his accelerating money if traded. On what planet would dealing Roethlisberger make sense?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4379030]I speculated in the other thread, Pittsburgh.

Roths is seriously upset at the fact that Arians was fired. Pitt could get a lot if they traded Roths to lessen the blow of what they would have to give up to get RG3.[/QUOTE]

If that is the case the Jets should offer their entire draft for Big Ben, just like they should have dont when Pittsburgh was shopping him a few years ago.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the equivalent of saying:

"There's a plane that's going to hit one of the posters on JI. We're not going to guess which poster, but you can try and guess which one it is."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4379052]Even less chance it's the Steelers than the Jets. They have an elite QB at a high value contract with a tight cap and no room to eat his accelerating money if traded. On what planet would dealing Roethlisberger make sense?[/QUOTE]

There is no chance either team makes the jump.

The things people will say to garner attention these days is ridiculous...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets trade a 1,2,3 this year. Then a 1,3 next year. Maybe toss a player in.

We then unload Sanchez to his old buddy Pete Carroll for a 3rd.

So all we lose is a #2 this year and a 1 and 3 next year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is it's the Pats...doing their due diligence.

Now that's a team I would never expect. Unless it's the Colts! :eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SINYJets;4379068]My guess is it's the Pats...doing their due diligence.

Now that's a team I would never expect. Unless it's the Colts! :eek:[/QUOTE]

That would obviously be the least likley team -- well, maybe outside of the Giants or Packers.

Can't deny the prospect of RGIII doesn't get me excited.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is Woody's goal besides winning the Super Bowl?

The answer. Winning the offseason Super Bowl and replacing the Giants in the back pages. How do we win the offseason Super Bowl and remove the Gints from the back pages? Trade up for RG3.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "team you would never expect" part of it eliminates the Jets, in my opinion. The Jets have been mentioned every time a QB's name has come up. I'm thinking maybe Houston. They have a strong team, but is Schaub the man?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is Philly. They have some players they can trade and I think Vick's contract had some outs in it. Only problem is, it make too much sense for it to be Philly so it must not be.

My official guess would be the Rams. They are manufacturing hype and trying to drive up the price.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4379078]The "team you would never expect" part of it eliminates the Jets, in my opinion. The Jets have been mentioned every time a QB's name has come up. I'm thinking maybe Houston. They have a strong team, but is Schaub the man?[/QUOTE]

Agreed Rex,Woody and Tanne have all said Sanchez is the man.

SI.com's Peter King confirms the Rams have already received a trade "feeler" for the No. 2 pick from a team "you would never expect."
    Let the intrigue begin. Our initial guesses are the Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, and perhaps the Jets. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli were blown away by RGIII over the weekend. Griffin told King he "really enjoyed" his time with Andy Reid, and the Eagles have a pair of second-rounders in addition to Asante Samuel and DeSean Jackson to dangle in front of St. Louis. Regardless, the Browns and Redskins remain the heavy favorites to land RGIII.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dallas finally had enough of Romo?