Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Team Contacts Rams for #2 Pick

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Pats have the balls and the ammo to do just that!!!
    The new CBA is not prohibitive financially for a no.2 overall pick so those cheapskates can zero in on this.
    In two years time we'll face another elite QB from that team

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4379084]Dallas finally had enough of Romo?[/QUOTE]

WOW. This is interesting.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4379045]Who do the JETS covet to move up to the #2 pick and what would they trade for it?[/QUOTE]

QB of course.

Anyone who has lost faith in Sanchez should want Tanny to get that #2. Really, how many of us can fathom the thought of Sanchez at the helm for years to come. It's one very painful vision. That said, I highly doubt that the team feeling out the Rams is the Jets. Tanny will live and die by his decision to trade up to get Sanchez. We fans just got unlucky with that pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MCreighton13;4379019][URL]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii[/URL]

SI.com's Peter King confirms the Rams have already received a trade "feeler" for the No. 2 pick from a team "you would never expect."
    Let the intrigue begin. Our initial guesses are the Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, and [B]perhaps the Jets[/B]. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli were blown away by RGIII over the weekend. Griffin told King he "really enjoyed" his time with Andy Reid, and the Eagles have a pair of second-rounders in addition to Asante Samuel and DeSean Jackson to dangle in front of St. Louis. Regardless, the Browns and Redskins remain the heavy favorites to land RGIII.

Take it for what its worth. Just saw this over at rotoworld.com. How would you feel if Jets made a push for the number 2 pick?[/QUOTE]
    I haven't read the replies but the ONE team I would never expect is...

The New England Patriots.

All Pro
    It's not the Jets. can't offer enough. One might say it's CIN looking to get Richardson/Blackmon (they have two #1s) but my guess is...

JAX. New owner, new regime. fck the rumors about support for Gabbert.

[QUOTE=John_0515;4379063]This is the equivalent of saying:

"There's a plane that's going to hit one of the posters on JI. We're not going to guess which poster, but you can try and guess which one it is."[/QUOTE]

How costly would it be to commission a few more planes to hit several more posters? It's nearly impossible to settle on which one should go when there are so many that are worthy. :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    Who's to say this isn't a ploy by the Rams (using Peter King) to generate interest and a bidding war.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4379052]Even less chance it's the Steelers than the Jets. They have an elite QB at a high value contract with a tight cap and no room to eat his accelerating money if traded. On what planet would dealing Roethlisberger make sense?[/QUOTE]

Because he perhaps doesn't want to be there anymore (Ariaans, Wallace) and the fact that the team may not view him as "elite" anymore. It's called an 'unexpected team' for a reason.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4379100]I haven't read the replies but the ONE team I would never expect is...

[B]The New England Patriots[/B].[/QUOTE]

Bingo and with 2 ones and 2 twos they have the power.

[QUOTE=TKasper01;4379106]Bingo and with 2 ones and 2 twos they have the power.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how Ryan Mallett has looked in practices.

[QUOTE=MCreighton13;4379019][url]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii[/url]

SI.com's Peter King confirms the Rams have already received a trade "feeler" for the No. 2 pick from a team "you would never expect."
    Let the intrigue begin. Our initial guesses are the Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, and [B]perhaps the Jets[/B]. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli were blown away by RGIII over the weekend. Griffin told King he "really enjoyed" his time with Andy Reid, and the Eagles have a pair of second-rounders in addition to Asante Samuel and DeSean Jackson to dangle in front of St. Louis. Regardless, the Browns and Redskins remain the heavy favorites to land RGIII.

Take it for what its worth. Just saw this over at rotoworld.com. How would you feel if Jets made a push for the number 2 pick?[/QUOTE]

if its the jets I'm going to kill someone.

[QUOTE=Dcat;4379102]How costly would it be to commission a few more planes to hit several more posters? It's nearly impossible to settle on which one should go when there are so many that are worthy. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I wish no harm to anyone. Rather, commenting on how I hate "secret team", but "we can't tell you" kind of stuff.

The Jets haven't even met with RG3. The Eagles, on the other hand, have. It's not the Jets, there is not chance its the Jets. Hell, PK said that these are "guesses".

Revis + Holmes for #2 overall pick?

Would you make that trade?

I sure as **** wouldn't.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=MCreighton13;4379019][url]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii[/url]

Back where we started, here we go round again, Back where we started.......

Ain't never gonna happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4379112]if its the jets I'm going to kill someone.[/QUOTE]
    Ragu, is that you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Dcat;4379099]QB of course.

Anyone who has lost faith in Sanchez should want Tanny to get that #2. Really, how many of us can fathom the thought of Sanchez at the helm for years to come. It's one very painful vision. That said, I highly doubt that the team feeling out the Rams is the Jets. Tanny will live and die by his decision to trade up to get Sanchez. We fans just got unlucky with that pick.[/QUOTE]

I still believe in Sanchez, I think he can take us to the Superbowl.

No chance. The cost to move up from sixteen to 2 would be real expensive. Would you be prepared to give up On D revis , Your number 1 pick and possible high pick next year to get him.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]The Jets haven't even met with RG3.[/QUOTE]

In 06, the broncos traded up to draft Jay Cutler. They never spoke to him. Not even once.

Sometimes, you just dont give away your hand.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4379132]In 06, the broncos traded up to draft Jay Cutler. They never spoke to him. Not even once.

Sometimes, you just dont give away your hand.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's DEN/Shanny's style. It's not ours. The Jets under Tanny have ALWAYS met/worked out their top pick guys.