Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Team Contacts Rams for #2 Pick

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it's the Jets (Or Jacksonville), simply because I dont' think they really fall under "a team you would never expect". They have a QB that most people recognize as not being good enough yet.

I don't think it would truly be THAT surprising people if the Jets were interested.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm usually not as critical of Tanny as some others are on the board, but if Tanny traded away our whole draft, knowing the amount of holes we have to fill, for the #2 pick.....he's f*cking retarded :steamin:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The more I think about it, the more I lean towards it being the Jets.

Think about the upcoming QB carousel. Seattle is most likely to be left out in free agency. That forces them to enter the draft with the following options:
    [INDENT]
    1- Stay put and draft Tannehill (who is not even a lock to be there when they pick because whispers are that Snyder is HAM for a little Tanne if they can't get Griffin)

2- Trade their ENTIRE draft for Griffin...and remember Seattle has to jump the furthest of any other RGIII suitorette and give up the most.

3- Take a chance on a lesser round pick like old man Weeden

4- Take a chance with an even lesser round pick for an experienced NFL QB who has played with Carroll before and has shown promise at this level[/INDENT]

Choice 4, of course, is Sanchez being traded to Seattle for like a 4th rounder. If Seattle loses out in FA (again, very likely), why WOULDN'T they take that trade? From our perspective, it's probably the only team that wants Sanchez.

That 4th rounder softens the blow a LITTLE.

What will soften it even more is including an NFL player in the trade. Could Revis be a target? I'd certainly think Tanny would consider selling high on Revis because it's clear that his FA price tag in 2 seasons is going to be astronomical, and he will likely be a sour camper about it if we try to franchise him. Plus, Mike T just spent a 1st rounder on someone he considers a starting corner...and we know how much he wants to validate his draft record.

Jets could offer the Rams
    1st + Revis + 2nd (I'm not sure if more needs to be added here, I overvalue Revis like crazy, maybe another 4th+ rounder)

Jets would receive
    RGIII + 4th rounder (from SEA) + no more Sanchez and all the incessant whining from fans about him + no more Cavanaugh

Not saying it's a good idea but the mind of Trader Mike works in mysterious ways, and it would be silly to think that he HASN'T considered some of the above, especially in this offseason of them trying to fight a ridiculous PR battle against the Giants.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My guess would be Chicago. Cutler has been one PR disaster after anther. Going from Rex to Cutler wasn't the best move ever. They need something to show there fans hope. I could see them doing the same thing Jax did to get rid of Del Rio. How Smith still has his job is beyond me. All that talent and he can't even put up a winning record.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would you trade Revis for the Rams 1st this year? What else would it take?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4379164]Would you trade Revis for the Rams 1st this year? What else would it take?[/QUOTE]

No, this would immediately weaken the defense further. I would trade Sanchez and a pick? to Seattle for possibly there #1 pick. Then we could trade the Rams 2 #1s for RGIII.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4379170]No, this would immediately weaken the defense further. I would trade Sanchez and a pick? to Seattle for possibly there #1 pick. Then we could trade the Rams 2 #1s for RGIII.[/QUOTE]

First off your not getting Seattle first (12 pick in draft) for Mark Sanchez+ pick . Second what happens you make that sanchez trade and can't get up for RG111 (maybe Rams don't want to go down that far). Third Its going to cost a lot more than 16 and Seattle 12 first round, to move up to the second pick in the draft.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-28-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only the Jets would trade up and mortgage the franchise for RG3 meanwhile the other kid is going to be a HoFer.

It would be fitting.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4379176]Only the Jets would trade up and mortgage the franchise for RG3 meanwhile the other kid is going to be a HoFer.

It would be fitting.[/QUOTE]
    Ugh.

It's not the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    0% chance its the Jets. We have so many holes to fill trading up that far would be idiotic. ..im content at 16

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4379162]My guess would be Chicago. Cutler has been one PR disaster after anther. Going from Rex to Cutler wasn't the best move ever. They need something to show there fans hope. I could see them doing the same thing Jax did to get rid of Del Rio. How Smith still has his job is beyond me. All that talent and he can't even put up a winning record.[/QUOTE]

Cutler gets way too much hate, believe it or not Bears fans actually like him. He took a team with no WRs and a worse OL than Sanchez has ever seen to the NFCCG in '10. If you think Sanchez took a beating, look at Cutler's situation that year to see what a real OL problem looks like - 52 sacks! Oh, and they were 7-3 last year before Cutler went down and the immortal Caleb Hanie took them into a tailspin.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4379063]This is the equivalent of saying:

"There's a plane that's going to hit one of the posters on JI. We're not going to guess which poster, but you can try and guess which one it is."[/QUOTE]

SAR? ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Cutler and Romo speculation is funny because I would immediately take either of them and be thrilled about it. Even fans with good QBs are never happy with their QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is one of the stupider headlines. Wow - a team I would never expect? Who could it be? And are my teams different than yours?

It basically means nothing, and simultaneously represents new high and low points for NFL news.

That said, I bet it's the Pats just doing what the Pats do and researching every option.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tampa Bay Bucs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4379066]Jets trade a 1,2,3 this year. Then a 1,3 next year. Maybe toss a player in.

We then unload Sanchez to his old buddy Pete Carroll for a 3rd.

So all we lose is a #2 this year and a 1 and 3 next year.[/QUOTE]

100% in AGREEMENT!!!

Joe, you know how to get things done :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4379181]0% chance its the Jets. We have so many holes to fill trading up that far would be idiotic. ..im content at 16[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way in '09

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4379184]Cutler gets way too much hate, believe it or not Bears fans actually like him. He took a team with no WRs and a worse OL than Sanchez has ever seen to the NFCCG in '10. If you think Sanchez took a beating, look at Cutler's situation that year to see what a real OL problem looks like - 52 sacks! Oh, and they were 7-3 last year before Cutler went down and the immortal Caleb Hanie took them into a tailspin.[/QUOTE]

lol funny part is I like Cutler. Thing is the Bears just have a bad coach. Like I said I could see them doing the same thing the owners did in Jax. Draft a rookie and hang the coach out to dry when he fail horribly. No more 8-8 7-9 just saving his job. Cutler could be traded for a 1st easy IMO. He is looking for an extension right now is 29 and still hasn't really blown anyone out of the water. He always seems to be in the press for bad. If Chi could swing it to gat a QB of the future and get rid of Lovie it wouldn't shock me. Last year was there window IMO. Peppers, Briggs, and Urlacher are all over 30 I think they all start to decline this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    it'll be the browns, st. louis would want the #4 pick and next year's #1 from cleveland more than other packages

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetfan51;4379038]i think it a bit irresponsible to suggest the Jets would consider going to no. 2[/QUOTE]
    Not to mention plain nuts