Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tannebaum coming on 1050 ESPN at 5:00 (2-28)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Tannebaum coming on 1050 ESPN at 5:00 (2-28)

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id={podcastId}

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will be to announce the Bart Scott to St Louis trade for the #2 overall pick...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mrcoops;4379074]This will be to announce the Bart Scott to St Louis trade for the #2 overall pick...[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA. Good one. Maybe Revis.

Resignation announcement?

LOL. JK.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    tanny is really avoiding all qb questions. he is not itterating sanchez is our guy anymore

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Tanny looking under rocks again?

The guy would be more successful in the field of geology.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCreighton13;4379088]tanny is really avoiding all qb questions. he is not itterating sanchez is our guy anymore[/QUOTE]

Can't blame him for that. But he should praise Sanchez publicly b.c all he is doing is driving the price up for the Jets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCreighton13;4379088]tanny is really avoiding all qb questions. he is not itterating sanchez is our guy anymore[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhh this place will implode if they deal Sanchez :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the interview over. I think I missed it.

Nevermind, you can rewind it. Sweet.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a fast-talking used car salesman
    He needs to be just that......cant expect him to give out any company info.

Just be careful Mr.T because its getting old, BTW ..............you had a very bad year professionally last year overpaying for margianal returns. It cant happen again ...........you know what I mean?????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tranny did say that McElroy will be back, even though they are disappointed by his comments.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4379107]Tranny did say that [B]McElroy will be back[/B], even though they are disappointed by his comments.[/QUOTE]

as he should be...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4379111]as he should be...[/QUOTE]

I agree.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you read between the lines, Tannenbaum pretty much said that the FO has lost faith in Sanchez as their guy and if something better comes along...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4379167]If you read between the lines, Tannenbaum pretty much said that the FO has lost faith in Sanchez as their guy and if something better comes along...[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Rex and Tannys careers are at stake. They are not going to sit and wait for a QB to develop. Both of them will get one more shot at drafting a QB if Sanchez doesnt work. But they might not even wait to find out. They may feel that this year might be the year to take a shot.

Next year there is another USC QB available and I dont think the Jets would go the USC route again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanny non-committal on Bart's future

By Rich Cimini

Jets GM [B]Mike Tannenbaum[/B], addressing the [B]Bart Scott[/B] situation for the first time, made it clear Tuesday that the veteran linebacker's future with the team is very much up in the air.

Tannenbaum, commenting on his recent meeting with Scott's agent at the NFL scouting combine, said they "cleared the air on a lot of things." But he wouldn't guarantee that Scott will return in 2012, saying that discussions will continue.

"We'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks," Tannenbaum said on the [B]Michael Kay[/B] Show on 1050 ESPN New York, adding, "All options are on the table."

The Jets haven't given Scott permission to seek a trade, but they are shopping him, according to a league source. They're in a tough spot because Scott's $4.2 million salary is guaranteed, making it tough to deal the 31-year-old linebacker, but they're still looking for a taker, hoping Scott restructures his contract to facilitate a trade.

Scott was "extremely frustrated" by his diminished role last season, his agent, [B]Harold Lewis[/B], told ESPNNewYork.com Monday. Lewis said Scott's "ultimate goal" is to remain with the Jets, but he admitted the two sides discussed the possibility of a trade at the combine meeting.

The trading period begins March 13.

Tannenbaum addressed other subjects, including:

[B]Peyton Manning[/B]. Reiterating what he said last week at the combine, Tannenbaum did nothing to dispel potential interest in Manning.

"It's really important that we always try to improve the team," he said. "With that said, I expect [B]Mark Sanchez[/B] to be our quarterback next year. But when we have opportunities to improve our team, that's what we're going to do."

[B]Plaxico Burress[/B]. On Tuesday, the free-agent WR told a Philadelphia radio station that he wants to sign with the Eagles. Tannenbaum all but said, "Go right ahead."

"He's exploring his options; that's what we want our players to do this time of year, like we're doing for ourselves," he said.

[B]Greg McElroy[/B]. Tannenbaum said "we weren't happy with those comments," referring to the QB's description of the "corrupt mindset" in the locker room, but the GM said McElroy will be on the team.

[B]A backup for Sanchez[/B]. Tannenbaum continued to talk out of both sides of his mouth on this subject. He said they don't need to bring in a No. 2 to push Sanchez -- "Mark wants to be great because that's who he is" -- but he also said he expects the QB depth chart to have a different look by September.

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/10814/tanny-non-committal-on-barts-future[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    kirk cousins?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think tanny is setting mark up for the restructure deal that is coming...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4379193]I think tanny is setting mark up for the restructure deal that is coming...[/QUOTE]

that's an interesting point. it's not like other teams will be knocking at his door for him to start elsewhere. and the jets have the most invested in him and want him to succeed in the worst way. sanchez can endear himself to mgmt and teammates alike by freeing up cap space and 'making himself earn his money' rather than pocketing it based on draft position.

i wonder if that's tanny's angle, the accountant that he is...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as we don't trade for the No. 2 pick

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4379167]If you read between the lines, Tannenbaum pretty much said that the FO has lost faith in Sanchez as their guy and if something better comes along...[/QUOTE]

I used to reach onto his play-off performances as a way to tell myself that he had a chance to be great. But now, when I look deeper, I see the last 3 games of the season (which were for all intents and purposes play-off games) where he totally sh*t the bed, and I'm talking about when he had time to throw or a receiver was open, and also saw him at times almost seem disinterested.

Now I'm starting to see why I told myself, "NO....no USC QB's" when he was drafted, but hoped for the best.

I just hope I'm wrong and he turns it around under Sparano. I just don't know why accuracy is such an issue (remember Phil Simms saying he wanted to stand up and clap when he hit every throw in his workout and that it was the best workout he ever saw) and the troubling fact that we've never seen him take over a game just once in 3 years.

Man,I can just see Tannenbaum mortgaging the farm in some panic move.