Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tannebaum coming on 1050 ESPN at 5:00 (2-28)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4379215]I used to reach onto his play-off performances as a way to tell myself that he had a chance to be great. But now, when I look deeper, I see the last 3 games of the season (which were for all intents and purposes play-off games) where he totally sh*t the bed, and I'm talking about when he had time to throw or a receiver was open, and also saw him at times almost seem disinterested.

Now I'm starting to see why I told myself, "NO....no USC QB's" when he was drafted, but hoped for the best.

I just hope I'm wrong and he turns it around under Sparano. I just don't know why accuracy is such an issue (remember Phil Simms saying he wanted to stand up and clap when he hit every throw in his workout and that it was the best workout he ever saw) and the troubling fact that we've never seen him take over a game just once in 3 years.

Man,I can just see Tannenbaum mortgaging the farm in some panic move.[/QUOTE]

or maybe they strengthen as many other areas of the team as possible with the intention of drafting another qb next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4379218]or maybe they strengthen as many other areas of the team as possible with the intention of drafting another qb next year.[/QUOTE]

As in USC's Matt Barkley aka Sanchez 2.0?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4379218]or maybe they strengthen as many other areas of the team as possible with the intention of drafting another qb next year.[/QUOTE]

Good call by you...makes lots of sense.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4379219]As in USC's Matt Barkley aka Sanchez 2.0?[/QUOTE]

Any USC QB ever win a Super Bowl? I've seen enough. I couldn't believe Oakland giving up 2 #1's for a guy who is 1 hit away from Pennington arm...I mean his arm is 1/2 of what it was when he was drafted...and 2 #1's??...and he's the best of all of them, which isn't saying much.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    sign flynn!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Send Sanchez Scott and our first for their first . Pick RgIII. This also frees up a lot of cap $$$.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4379243]Send Sanchez Scott and our first for their first . Pick RgIII. This also frees up a lot of cap $$$.[/QUOTE]

Throw Pace in too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4379243]Send Sanchez Scott and our first for their first . Pick RgIII. This also frees up a lot of cap $$$.[/QUOTE]

Where's the ":P"?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4379243]Send Sanchez Scott and our first for their first . Pick RgIII. This also frees up a lot of cap $$$.[/QUOTE]With that package we can maybe move up to #15.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4379193]I think tanny is setting mark up for the restructure deal that is coming...[/QUOTE]

He very pointedly said in a combine interview that Sanchez did not improve enough this past year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4379248]He very pointedly said in a combine interview that Sanchez did not improve enough this past year.[/QUOTE]

Yep he did, but the rumors of moving to 2, which the Jets probably did do and not ruling out Manning are either real or more likey just additonal tools to help get a new deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GangGreenAFFLICTION;4379098]What a fast-talking used car salesman
    He needs to be just that......cant expect him to give out any company info.

Just be careful Mr.T because its getting old, BTW ..............you had a very bad year professionally last year overpaying for margianal returns. It cant happen again ...........you know what I mean?????[/QUOTE]

No tell us, what do you mean?

The big tough fanbase is looking for its next scapegoat with Schotty out of the way... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing how some of you have given up on Sanchez after one mediocre year, a season that wasn't even only his fault.

Too young, and far too much upside even still to give up on him.

That said, I firmly believe the front office would entertain Manning, no doubt about it.

One way I look at it, I don't think they've given up on Sanchez, but that they could look at Manning as part of a one year plan, putting the Sanchez plan on the shelf if Manning is healthy.

Or... this could all be a ploy to motivate Sanchez.

Garrard IMO would be a good back-up QB option.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4379355]No tell us, what do you mean?

The big tough fanbase is looking for its next scapegoat with Schotty out of the way... :rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Schotty is a scapegoat? Who scapegoated Schotty besides Schotty himself?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]It's amazing how some of you have given up on Sanchez after one mediocre year, a season that wasn't even only his fault.[/QUOTE]

Its not just the fans. Our front office has lost faith in him to. hence the intrest in RG3 and Peyton Manning.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4379438]Its not just the fans. Our front office has lost faith in him to. hence the intrest in RG3 and Peyton Manning.[/QUOTE]

It's also desperation by Rex and Tanny. They know they're both history if the 2012 season is a failure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4379448]It's also desperation by Rex and Tanny. They know they're both history if the 2012 season is a failure.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. HCs and GMs make decisions based on what they think will help them keep their job. The long-term health of the franchise is secondary to that.

Essentially Ryan's and Tranny's careers are in Sanchez' hands if they keep him. They are not going to give a guy they don't trust all that power.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4379193]I think tanny is setting mark up for the restructure deal that is coming...[/QUOTE]
    I'm not a contract guy but if Tanny restructures Sanchez, wouldn't that add more years to his contract? If so, doesn't sound like something he'd do if he's not committed to Sanchez as his QB. Unless those extra years would just be on paper and have no financial impact on the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4379355]No tell us, what do you mean?

The big tough fanbase is looking for its next scapegoat with Schotty out of the way... :rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    This team had/has more problems than just Shoddy to address.

Even you have to admit that Tannenbaum had a pretty below average off-season in 2011. The reasons have been beaten to death in other threads so I don't want to revisit them all here, but I think he set the team back a bit and it's going to take a very good off-season in 2012 (including the draft) to make the Jets a team that can win the AFC East.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4379356]It's amazing how some of you have given up on Sanchez after one mediocre year, a season that wasn't even only his fault.

Too young, and far too much upside even still to give up on him.

That said, I firmly believe the front office would entertain Manning, no doubt about it.

One way I look at it, I don't think they've given up on Sanchez, but that they could look at Manning as part of a one year plan, putting the Sanchez plan on the shelf if Manning is healthy.

Or... this could all be a ploy to motivate Sanchez.

Garrard IMO would be a good back-up QB option.[/QUOTE]

i don't think you can have it both ways. if the jets pursue manning, they've given up on sanchez. teams develop good qbs until they don't think they're good anymore, then they look for better options. the jets have concluded that sanchez, while he may get better, won't be 'the guy', can't carry the team and may not have the mental makeup to handle the ny pressure, like they thought.

rex's goodwill from his 2 afc championship appearances has expired. tanny's rep as a savvy drafter has really taken a hit with sanchez's regression and the gholston and ducasse picks.

tanny is one more bad pick away from getting canned in my opinion. it's increasingly difficult to explain away some of the moves he's made, the latest being holmes' contract and ensuing implosion. at least with rex, you know he can coach defense, though he's first starting to get involved in the offense, 3 years too late.

tanny's best strategy is to draft wisely, fill holes, add talent, with a vision of fixing the qb position next year.