Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will Revis' next contract increase or decrease...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;4380517]Well Bit was also of the position that it was a stone cold lock that the salary cap would be increasing by leaps and bounds under the new CBA **gong**

That Gholston would be a monster **gong**

That D-Rob was a monster **gong**

Serously I think that a bonafide vegas gambler could make enough to retire simply on a strategy of betting against whatever it is that Bit is in favor of.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Martin was going to have more rushing yds then Emmitt Smith..**gong** :P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4380464]No offense personally, I love you guys, but you "no trade" people are so dense.

What good is a CB who cripples his team financially, who is not even a leader and doesn't make his team better, AND who will only be around for the next two years?

You wouldn't trade that for a 50% shot at an elite QB? You've got to be kidding. The NY Giants won the super bowl with garbage at CB this year. Champ Bailey has won garbage in his career. Deion Sanders only won because of Aikman.

[U]You need a QB, not a CB[/U]. I don't care if it's megatron, jumbotron, or voltron playing CB. [U]You need a QB[/U].

This team has no other way to get an elite QB prospect other than to trade our aging and soon-to-be overpriced Revis. You sentimentalists are terrible at basic logic.[/QUOTE]

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

+1000000000000...................000000000..............:yes:

So you are thinking that if we trade our be corner and free up what 12+ million, we have a chance to add a QB or d lineman that can actually get to the QB.
    How about the other over priced dumba$$ on the other side 8+ million for Cro.

The Jets are spending on these key 4 players, lets see.
    Revis 12+ mill
    Sanchez 14+ million
    Cro 8+ million
    Holmes 8+ million

The Jets have spent 42 million on these guys and what do we have so far.
    Revis shut down DB, Who is one of the best, but can be beat.
    Sanchez, not worth what he's getting and may never pan out.
    Cro makes key errors and can't tackle.
    Holmes, just a quitter cry baby.

Wow 42 million on 4 players and not one leader in the bunch. Sorry to burst everyone bubble, but this is why the Jets can't get it done.
    Last edited by srobjets; 03-01-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4380417]Any contract less than 5 years and more than 12.5 million avg over the duration.[/QUOTE]
    Thank you AGAW. Thank you for grapsing a concept with seems to be beyond so many in this thread. My own sense is that your number is right at the hairy edge of my own number. Possibly a little higher than I would go for a CB. Any CB. But still, close enough.

Other people might say $20 million per year or even $25 million and even though we disagree, at least then we would have the basis for a discussion. Something over which we could provide support for our positions.

Alternatively some of people will simply continue to fap to their own bedroom posters of Darrelle Revis and repeat the stupid mantra "pay him whatever he wants.... Blah blah blah.. best of all time.... blah blah blah no amount of money is too much".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could the Jets tag and trade Revis if really made a stink during his final year in the current contract?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;4380529]Thank you AGAW. Thank you for grapsing a concept with seems to be beyond so many in this thread. My own sense is that your number is right at the hairy edge of my own number. Possibly a little higher than I would go for a CB. Any CB. But still, close enough.

Other people might say $20 million per year or even $25 million and even though we disagree, at least then we would have the basis for a discussion. Something over which we could provide support for our positions.

Alternatively some of people will simply continue to fap to their own bedroom posters of Darrelle Revis and repeat the stupid mantra "pay him whatever he wants.... Blah blah blah.. best of all time.... blah blah blah no amount of money is too much".[/QUOTE]

I say he will want a minimum of 5yrs $75MM with $45MM guaranteed. I think that will be absolute minimum and I think other teams would offer more. I think $18MM per year is not out of the question. He is a motivated business man who will want to set a record. There is a prestige that comes along with a record contract. I in no way shape or form expect him to offer a discount. His actions to this point indicate the opposite. He is a mercenary, which is OK since he gives 100% and you dont have to worry about money effecting his work. But he still is a mercenary, don't get it twisted. He is not a team-first guy. Just because he is a good player and teammate does not mean he is team-first. He is a business man.

I dont think the market is going down for CBs. Some have suggested that since Al Davis is dead that the mark he set with Asomugha has died with him. I am not so sure. I think Revis is going to want a raise.

Dont we civilians want a raise at our jobs? Why should he be any different.