Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JETS strong contender to land Henne.

[QUOTE=TKasper01;4380015]Damn I wish I was a back up QB. That's a lot of coin to NOT work on game day.[/QUOTE]

What was Mark Brunells salary..........just want to know what a snog rag gets in the NFL these days. :D

If that is the case, then I'll be Mark Sanchez's newest and most loyal fangirl.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4379998]No, he sucks...

And if this is what's needed to motivate Sanchez then he's the wrong guy too.

Waste of money... If you have 2 QB's, you have no QB's. Those dumbass fans will be *****ing and crying the first game where Sanchez struggles. And he will struggle, because they all do.[/QUOTE]

They all do? In year 4 he is going to struggle after we got rid of the supposed cause of all his woes? F that. If he struggles then we don;t want to write off the season. We need a friggin backup that can play. I don't know if Henne is that guy but we need someone that is at least league worthy.

So we'll have 18-19 million dollars tied up in Henne and Sanchez?

Really?

And this is pure speculation. Where is ANY direct link to the NY Jets organization?

[QUOTE=John_0515;4380117]So we'll have 18-19 million dollars tied up in Henne and Sanchez?

Really?

And this is pure speculation. Where is ANY direct link to the NY Jets organization?[/QUOTE]

while the thread title is a bit misleading, I'm willing to give GMC a break on this one.

What a horrible waste of $4-5 million that would be.

I've been calling BS on any Henne talk this whole offseason...especially at that rate.

We're already limited in what we can do with the cap space. $4 million to someone like Robert Meachem, Manny Lawson, or Reggie Nelson would help this team out a fudge ton more than a guy who, if things went right, wouldn't see the field once over a 16 game season. Wasting money on Henne is like purposely hoping Sanchez has a bad season or that we don't fix any of our holes.

OH, fantastic--a wash up to back up a wash up--keep it up Tannenbaum.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380129]while the thread title is a bit misleading, I'm willing to give GMC a break on this one.[/QUOTE]

Not on GMC at all. It's like the people at FoxSports don't know anything about football, yet they are paid to report it. It's all speculation.

Henne has emerged. What is he, a groundhog?

And #3 no doubt.

How do they come the these conclusions? No info except the speculation. That's why the media sucks.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380129]while the thread title is a bit misleading, I'm willing to give GMC a break on this one.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=John_0515;4380150]Not on GMC at all. It's like the people at FoxSports don't know anything about football, yet they are paid to report it. It's all speculation.

Henne has emerged. What is he, a groundhog?

And #3 no doubt.

How do they come the these conclusions? No info except the speculation. That's why the media sucks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. :D

You won't find a better backup than Henne for Sanchez next year.

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4380012]McElroy should be a decent backup with a full off-season.[/QUOTE]

I agree but we'll get murdered for thinking it. People here really hate him and believe whatever news hack said he had a week arm. Go look at the film people.

Unfortunately, Tanny was weak on him the other day and said things at QB would look drastically different. So look for someone new, but hopefully not Henne.

A backup QB with any ability and isn't a rookie is going to cost at least $3M. Some team may still view Henne as a low level starter, in which case he could get that $5M.

Remember, we're in a world where Ryan Fitzpatrick, the definition of an average QB, makes $10M/yr. So does Kevin Kolb.

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4380218]You won't find a better backup than Henne for Sanchez next year.[/QUOTE]

I will not believe this.

Enough of this Henne talk please. Jets don't need the overrated guy

I will be not very surprised if this happens, but he will definitely come cheaper, he is a Sparano guy, and i we would give the kind of boost that Mark needs.

All League
    [QUOTE=dassin;4379968]Yup, if the overall goal is to motivate Sanchez - this is the guy that will do it.[/QUOTE]

you know i would really like to think that. i mean i know henne sucks, but can he suck more than a jurassic mark brunell???

[QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4380241]I will not believe this.[/QUOTE]

Why? Look at our backups over the last 7 or so years - Bollinger, Clemens, Brunell...

Who are you expecting? Peyton Manning?
    We're not getting Flynn or Garrard...
    Anyone better than Henne will want to go to a team without a starter.

As bad as Sanchez was this past year, it's still his team this year.

My feelings anyway...

Veteran
    I'd hire any QB who'd finally push Mark and is asking for a decent wage. Does Henne fulfill at least one of these points? I currently doubt it.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4380233]A backup QB with any ability and isn't a rookie is going to cost at least $3M. Some team may still view Henne as a low level starter, in which case he could get that $5M.

Remember, we're in a world where Ryan Fitzpatrick, the definition of an average QB, makes $10M/yr. So does Kevin Kolb.[/QUOTE]

Finally, a reasonable post in this thread.

No, I don't want to see Henne on the sidelines, but he might end up being the best available option for this team. He's a QB with starting experience who isn't going to be paid as a starter but isn't a fossil like Brunell or a guy like McElroy with no experience. How many options are out there at that price or less?

You can't scream for better players and then say "but not at that price" every time. Sometimes, the price is what it is. Henne has been terrible, but he's at least a guy with SOME ability who would have Sanchez looking over his shoulder (which Sanchez needs). Who says the price for that kind of guy isn't 3-4 million?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4379965]A very good back up QB. Makes sense on a lot of levels.[/QUOTE]

do not assume anything! The guy if he comes here and is given a fair shot at an equal camp battle, might surprise many of us. How many times has he beaten Sanchez in the past 3 years in head to head competition with a weaker team?

I want the best for THE JETS! Sanchez gets paid lots of money to win. If he can't he should be set aside and let someone else try to win. This is not about hero worship but it is about TEAM LOYALTY!