Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

Thread: JETS strong contender to land Henne.

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,852
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Enough of this Henne talk please. Jets don't need the overrated guy
    especially when it appears that we already have one!

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    As per ROTOWORLD

    FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports that free agent Chad Henne has "emerged" as the No. 3 target on the quarterback market among QB-needy teams.
    No. 1 is Peyton Manning, and free agent Matt Flynn is No. 2. Citing multiple sources, Marvez reports that Henne is receiving strong attention as a "1A" quarterback who can "push a suspect starter ... but not command starter’s money." Henne is expected to command $4 million to $5 million annually. We've liked his chances of landing with old pal Tony Sparano and the Jets, and Marvez agrees that the Jets are a "strong contender" to sign Henne.
    Well... at least if he's on the Jets, they won't have to worry about him playing well against them, considering they're the only team he actually seems to have good games against...
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 02-29-2012 at 10:07 PM.

  3. #43
    I rather sign David Garrard, he is willing to come as a back up, is from NJ, and has had a much better career than Henne. I can't stand Henne, he has been an underachiever always, don't want that on our team.

  4. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    A very good back up QB. Makes sense on a lot of levels.
    Two OK QB's...I think you need experience and someone who is going to not make you throw up when and if Sanchez goes down or pulled...I dont know think Mcelroy is going to be good. IMO

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I rather sign David Garrard, he is willing to come as a back up, is from NJ, and has had a much better career than Henne. I can't stand Henne, he has been an underachiever always, don't want that on our team.
    David Garrard He sucks and is a walking injury report no way in hell. David Garrard is Mark Brunell II.

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    David Garrard He sucks and is a walking injury report no way in hell. David Garrard is Mark Brunell II.
    Are you referring to the Jaguar connection?

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Are you referring to the Jaguar connection?
    No, they both suck. The NYJETS need a decent backup not an injury prone waste of space who is over the hill.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    No, they both suck. The NYJETS need a decent backup not an injury prone waste of space who is over the hill.
    Chad Henne is injury prone

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Chad Henne is injury prone
    Who is more often on the IR Henne or Garrard? Now remember the NYJETS budget here when deciding on a backup. Garrard is 34 Henne is 26.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Who is more often on the IR Henne or Garrard? Now remember the NYJETS budget here when deciding on a backup. Garrard is 34 Henne is 26.
    New York Jets should not want either one of them.

  11. #51
    Thre is no way Henne is getting anything near $4 mil per year. This year's FA market is cluttered with plenty of similar or better qb's.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,440
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    4 to 5 million? get real.. Not at that price tag..


    I'd rather spend that money on Protecting our QB rather than push him...

    i am not looking to start a qb competition for my starting qb job....

    i want a veteran b/u who is capable of playing and winning, but is relegated to his role..

  13. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,115
    Nothing will happen untill the Payton thing is settled.

  14. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Nothing will happen untill the Payton thing is settled.
    I disagree. the Jets more so than anyone learned form the Aso circus.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    oh please say it aint so!

  16. #56
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,088
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    oh please say it aint so!
    We dont need that garbage guy

  17. #57
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    I disagree. the Jets more so than anyone learned form the Aso circus.
    I hope they learned a lot from last season, in many areas.

    A lot to fix.

  18. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656
    As per ROTOWORLD

    League sources tell ESPN New York free agent Chad Henne is on the Jets' "radar."
    This seconds a Wednesday report from FOX Sports that said the Jets are a "strong contender" to sign Henne. Henne played for new Jets OC Tony Sparano from the time he was drafted in 2008 until Sparano's midseason firing in 2011. Henne would be a cheap fallback for a Jets team that wants to put pressure on Mark Sanchez if, as expected, they swing-and-miss on Peyton Manning.

  19. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis,Ind
    Posts
    1,662
    ESPN New York reports the Jets have "discussed the possibility" of pursuing free-agent Jason Campbell.
    This comes on the heels of ESPN New York's Saturday report that free agent Chad Henne is on the Jets' "radar." It's clear Gang Green has every intention of putting pressure on Mark Sanchez in 2012.

    http://rotoworld.com/

  20. #60
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,848
    Quote Originally Posted by manmrmoore View Post
    ESPN New York reports the Jets have "discussed the possibility" of pursuing free-agent Jason Campbell.
    This comes on the heels of ESPN New York's Saturday report that free agent Chad Henne is on the Jets' "radar." It's clear Gang Green has every intention of putting pressure on Mark Sanchez in 2012.

    http://rotoworld.com/
    I'd prefer Campbell to Henne by a mile.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us