Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JETS strong contender to land Henne.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4380248]Enough of this Henne talk please. Jets don't need the overrated guy[/QUOTE]

especially when it appears that we already have one!

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4379964]As per [COLOR="Red"]ROTOWORLD[/COLOR]

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports that free agent Chad Henne has "emerged" as the No. 3 target on the quarterback market among QB-needy teams.
    No. 1 is Peyton Manning, and free agent Matt Flynn is No. 2. Citing multiple sources, Marvez reports that Henne is receiving strong attention as a "1A" quarterback who can "push a suspect starter ... but not command starter’s money." Henne is expected to command $4 million to $5 million annually. We've liked his chances of landing with old pal Tony Sparano and the Jets, and Marvez agrees that the Jets are a "strong contender" to sign Henne.[/QUOTE]

Well... at least if he's on the Jets, they won't have to worry about him playing well against them, considering they're the only team he actually seems to have good games against...
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 02-29-2012 at 09:07 PM.

I rather sign David Garrard, he is willing to come as a back up, is from NJ, and has had a much better career than Henne. I can't stand Henne, he has been an underachiever always, don't want that on our team.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4379965]A very good back up QB. Makes sense on a lot of levels.[/QUOTE]

Two OK QB's...I think you need experience and someone who is going to not make you throw up when and if Sanchez goes down or pulled...I dont know think Mcelroy is going to be good. IMO

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4380370]I rather sign David Garrard, he is willing to come as a back up, is from NJ, and has had a much better career than Henne. I can't stand Henne, he has been an underachiever always, don't want that on our team.[/QUOTE]

David Garrard :confused: He sucks and is a walking injury report no way in hell. David Garrard is Mark Brunell II.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4380416]David Garrard :confused: He sucks and is a walking injury report no way in hell. David Garrard is Mark Brunell II.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the Jaguar connection?

[QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4381154]Are you referring to the Jaguar connection?[/QUOTE]

No, they both suck. The NYJETS need a decent backup not an injury prone waste of space who is over the hill.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4381161]No, they both suck. The NYJETS need a decent backup not an injury prone waste of space who is over the hill.[/QUOTE]

Chad Henne is injury prone

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4381167]Chad Henne is injury prone[/QUOTE]

Who is more often on the IR Henne or Garrard? Now remember the NYJETS budget here when deciding on a backup. Garrard is 34 Henne is 26.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4381171]Who is more often on the IR Henne or Garrard? Now remember the NYJETS budget here when deciding on a backup. Garrard is 34 Henne is 26.[/QUOTE]

New York Jets should not want either one of them.

Thre is no way Henne is getting anything near $4 mil per year. This year's FA market is cluttered with plenty of similar or better qb's.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetfan51;4379991]4 to 5 million? get real.. Not at that price tag..

I'd rather spend that money on Protecting our QB rather than push him...

i am not looking to start a qb competition for my starting qb job....

[B]i want a veteran b/u who is capable of playing and winning, but is relegated to his role..[/B][/QUOTE]

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Veteran
    Nothing will happen untill the Payton thing is settled.

[QUOTE=leftturn3;4381484]Nothing will happen untill the Payton thing is settled.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. the Jets more so than anyone learned form the Aso circus.

All Pro
    oh please say it aint so!

[QUOTE=TechJet;4381504]oh please say it aint so![/QUOTE]
    We dont need that garbage guy

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4381485]I disagree. the Jets more so than anyone learned form the Aso circus.[/QUOTE]

I hope they learned a lot from last season, in many areas.

A lot to fix.

As per [COLOR="Red"]ROTOWORLD[/COLOR]

League sources tell ESPN New York free agent Chad Henne is on the Jets' "radar."
    This seconds a Wednesday report from FOX Sports that said the Jets are a "strong contender" to sign Henne. Henne played for new Jets OC Tony Sparano from the time he was drafted in 2008 until Sparano's midseason firing in 2011. Henne would be a cheap fallback for a Jets team that wants to put pressure on Mark Sanchez if, as expected, they swing-and-miss on Peyton Manning.

Veteran
    ESPN New York reports the Jets have "discussed the possibility" of pursuing free-agent Jason Campbell.
    This comes on the heels of ESPN New York's Saturday report that free agent Chad Henne is on the Jets' "radar." It's clear Gang Green has every intention of putting pressure on Mark Sanchez in 2012.

[url]http://rotoworld.com/[/url]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=manmrmoore;4383602]ESPN New York reports the Jets have "discussed the possibility" of pursuing free-agent Jason Campbell.
    This comes on the heels of ESPN New York's Saturday report that free agent Chad Henne is on the Jets' "radar." It's clear Gang Green has every intention of putting pressure on Mark Sanchez in 2012.

[url]http://rotoworld.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

I'd prefer Campbell to Henne by a mile.