Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JETS strong contender to land Henne.

JETS strong contender to land Henne.

As per [COLOR="Red"]ROTOWORLD[/COLOR]

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports that free agent Chad Henne has "emerged" as the No. 3 target on the quarterback market among QB-needy teams.
    No. 1 is Peyton Manning, and free agent Matt Flynn is No. 2. Citing multiple sources, Marvez reports that Henne is receiving strong attention as a "1A" quarterback who can "push a suspect starter ... but not command starterís money." Henne is expected to command $4 million to $5 million annually. We've liked his chances of landing with old pal Tony Sparano and the Jets, and Marvez agrees that the Jets are a "strong contender" to sign Henne.

Hall Of Fame
    A very good back up QB. Makes sense on a lot of levels.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4379965]A very good back up QB. Makes sense on a lot of levels.[/QUOTE]

Yup, if the overall goal is to motivate Sanchez - this is the guy that will do it.

no way the Jets give him $4-5 Mil to be a backup!, nor can they afford to salary cap wise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Pure speculation. Nowhere in this article does it state the Jets have any interest in Henne.

Henne stinks.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=OHJet;4379970]no way the Jets give him $4-5 Mil to be a backup!, nor can they afford to salary cap wise.[/QUOTE]

Henne isnt getting 4-5 million from any team. No way. He is looking at two million max.

Veteran
    Why Henne?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4379980]Henne isnt getting 4-5 million from any team. No way. He is looking at two million max.[/QUOTE]

Ya - seriously. Did his agent plant this piece??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4379971]Pure speculation. Nowhere in this article does it state the Jets have any interest in Henne.

Henne stinks.[/QUOTE]

Its the usual he's free and his ex HC is with the jets therefore i'll guess jets.

Nothing more.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And who says he's the 3rd QB?

Oh some twitter guy from Miami. :rolleyes::zzz:

4 to 5 million? get real.. Not at that price tag..

I'd rather spend that money on Protecting our QB rather than push him...

i am not looking to start a qb competition for my starting qb job....

i want a veteran b/u who is capable of playing and winning, but is relegated to his role..

Pretty sure Henne and his suckiness was part of the reason Sparano got fired from the Fins. Yeah, I'm sure Sparano is gushing about him to Rex and Tanny.

No, he sucks...

And if this is what's needed to motivate Sanchez then he's the wrong guy too.

Waste of money... If you have 2 QB's, you have no QB's. Those dumbass fans will be *****ing and crying the first game where Sanchez struggles. And he will struggle, because they all do.

[QUOTE=BamaJets;4379995]Pretty sure Henne and his suckiness was part of the reason Sparano got fired from the Fins. Yeah, I'm sure Sparano is gushing about him to Rex and Tanny.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... I have no idea why people continue to suggest Henne when it clearly didn't work out all that well with Miami and Sparano.

All Pro
    Not for that kind of money. Some team will over pay him for that kind of money, but we're just not in a position to do it.

[QUOTE=BamaJets;4379995]Pretty sure Henne and his suckiness was part of the reason Sparano got fired from the Fins. Yeah, I'm sure Sparano is gushing about him to Rex and Tanny.[/QUOTE]

Yup, i am sure Sparano CAN'T WAIT to get Henne under center again......

Before Henne, Pennington goes 11-5 and AFC East champs....With Henne, Dolphins go 13-18 and 1-8 in Henne's last 9 games as starter....After Henne Dolphins go 6-6 with Matt Moore...

Sparano must be salivating about getting this guy on the Jets for 5 million...:)

All Pro
    lol

4 or 5 mil annually? No chance.

I think McElroy should be a decent backup with a full off-season.

The NYJETS will find a way to pay who they need to pay. So many here want Manning but fail to mention the cost to get him here. I mention Henne and it becomes a money issue. Sanchez will have a viable backup able to take over if he falters again mark my words.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4379964]As per [COLOR="Red"]ROTOWORLD[/COLOR]

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports that free agent Chad Henne has "emerged" as the No. 3 target on the quarterback market among QB-needy teams.
    No. 1 is Peyton Manning, and free agent Matt Flynn is No. 2. Citing multiple sources, [B]Marvez reports that Henne is receiving strong attention as a "1A" quarterback who can "push a suspect starter ... but not command starterís money." Henne is expected to command $4 million to $5 million annually[/B]. We've liked his chances of landing with old pal Tony Sparano and the Jets, and Marvez agrees that the Jets are a "strong contender" to sign Henne.[/QUOTE]

Source: Chad Henne's agent

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4379964]As per [COLOR="Red"]ROTOWORLD[/COLOR]

No. 1 is Peyton Manning, and free agent Matt Flynn is No. 2. Citing multiple sources, Marvez reports that Henne is receiving strong attention as a "1A" quarterback who can "push a suspect starter ... but not command starterís money." Henne is expected to command [B]$4 million to $5 million annually[/B]. We've liked his chances of landing with old pal Tony Sparano and the Jets, and Marvez agrees that the Jets are a "strong contender" to sign Henne.[/QUOTE]

Damn I wish I was a back up QB. That's a lot of coin to NOT work on game day.