Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League Wide Uniform Unveiling

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

League Wide Uniform Unveiling

On April 3rd, NIKE will be holding a event in NYC where all 32 new uniforms will be unveiled. Not sure of a time yet, but it will be covered by NFL Network.

Have a Great Day Folks!!!!!

so they are going to unveil something we already have seen for years, in exception of 2 teams?

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380052]so they are going to unveil something we already have seen for years, in exception of 2 teams?[/QUOTE]

aesthetic design, yes. material design, no.

All League
    Just as long as their Green & White, with no black at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380052]so they are going to unveil something we already have seen for years, in exception of 2 teams?[/QUOTE]

There will be some tweaks because its going to be a Pro Combat uniform, my best guess is the numbers on the sleeves will be on the under shirt, and the numbers will be larger on front and back too.

[QUOTE=jetman67;4380065]There will be some tweaks because its going to be a Pro Combat uniform, my best guess is the numbers on the sleeves will be on the under shirt, and the numbers will be larger on front and back too.[/QUOTE]

No way in hell this happens. Pro Combat is the gear worn underneath the uniform. Fans will not buy or wear 2 shirts.

[QUOTE=Jonathan;4380060]aesthetic design, yes. material design, no.[/QUOTE]

how big of a difference will it be really? i bet you it will be minimal.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4380070]No way in hell this happens. Pro Combat is the gear worn underneath the uniform. Fans will not buy or wear 2 shirts.[/QUOTE]

Fans dont buy the same jerseys the pros wear right now anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4380070]No way in hell this happens. Pro Combat is the gear worn underneath the uniform. Fans will not buy or wear 2 shirts.[/QUOTE]

Its happening and has been in the works since 2010.

Pro Combat Base Layer is whats under the jersey, the Pro Combat Jersey is essentially a sleeveless jersey that fits tight to the Shoulder pads.

Pro Combat football uniforms are a 2 layer uniform.

Sadly, NIKE has decided only to supply jerseys to the larger retailers.
    Last edited by jetman67; 02-29-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380086]how big of a difference will it be really? i bet you it will be minimal.[/QUOTE]

Enough to mark up by at least a additional 30% :yes:

Lets face the fact that the NFL has evolved from being about the game of football to one of the biggest merchandising businesses in the modern world.

How does anyone older than 16 think that Nike gear is cool?

[QUOTE=jetman67;4380119]Enough to mark up by at least a additional 30% :yes:

Lets face the fact that the NFL has evolved from being about the game of football to one of the biggest merchandising businesses in the modern world.[/QUOTE]

the only mark up difference is because of the logo and the minor and i mean minor modifications.

big whoop.

and agree with you. i've faced that fact a while ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetman67;4380116]Pro Combat Base Layer...[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwn8si4lGU1qa24b2.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4380128][IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwn8si4lGU1qa24b2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

hahahaha

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4380098]Fans dont buy the same jerseys the pros wear right now anyway.[/QUOTE]

We are able to buy a near as can be authentic replica of the jersey worn on the field. Other than longer lengths and sleeves that are cut back the jerseys are the same.

If the Jets jersey design is too radically different or *gasp* some gimmicky rubbish I for one will stick with my current Reebok ones, thanks

i hope the jets redesign the whole uniform. we have been losing for over 40+yrs. time for a fresh start. do something like oregon did in college. have like 50+ combinations of uniforms.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetman67;4380116]Its happening and has been in the works since 2010.

Pro Combat Base Layer is whats under the jersey, the Pro Combat Jersey is essentially a sleeveless jersey that fits tight to the Shoulder pads.

Pro Combat football uniforms are a 2 layer uniform.

Sadly, NIKE has decided only to supply jerseys to the larger retailers.[/QUOTE]

I have been thinking about this. What if a player does not want to use a long or mid sleeve undershirt? Some guys use sleeveless shirts under their pads. So how can they put numbers or anything on a undershirt? I'm not saying that its not going down that way I just wonder how they can make it work if a player does not want to wear their kind of undershirt.:huh:

[QUOTE=bigdanNJ;4380186]i hope the jets redesign the whole uniform. we have been losing for over 40+yrs. time for a fresh start. do something like oregon did in college. have like 50+ combinations of uniforms.[/QUOTE]

You're right, our 40 + years of losing was due to the uniform. Had nothing to do with the bad personnel decisions and coaching during that span. Look, I see what your saying but we have changed our uniform twice since Super Bowl 3( 3 times if you count adding black to the uniform in the early 90's) and it hasn't done anything but drive up merchandising sales. Plus I think our uniform is one of the best in the NFL. It's classy, and harkens back to the only time this organization has won sh*t.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bigdanNJ;4380186]i hope the jets redesign the whole uniform. we have been losing for over 40+yrs. time for a fresh start. do something like oregon did in college. have like 50+ combinations of uniforms.[/QUOTE]

Not Happening, but I have heard of a Alternate Jersey