Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League Wide Uniform Unveiling

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4380122]How does anyone older than 16 think that Nike gear is cool?[/QUOTE]

Its about marketing to the masses, and the fact is people do buy whats new.

Im excited about the Seahawks New unit, because the fans will buy em from the draft until the season. No matter how well or poorly the team performs, my Fiance will be getting a nice bonus after the season because of the jersey and New Era cap sales.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4380070]No way in hell this happens. Pro Combat is the gear worn underneath the uniform. Fans will not buy or wear 2 shirts.[/QUOTE]
    Ironic that those same fans won't buy or beware [I]one[/I] of your posts.

Veteran
    Fans would buy almost any rag if there's a team and outfitter logo on it.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=jetman67;4380206]Not Happening, but I have heard of a [B]Alternate Jersey[/B][/QUOTE]

Is that what happened to paulie? One minute he's on the Garden State, then boom! Alternate Jersey.

Do they have pm's? :dunno:

Guys, this is it!!! They leaked!!!!

[img]http://www.pittsburghsteelers.co.uk/steelers/trips/dublin/olsavsky-taking-a-leak-s.jpg[/img]

SAR I

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4380290]Ironic that those same fans won't buy or beware [I]one[/I] of your posts.[/QUOTE]

You're right, they think they are too manly too wear a jersey real or fake.

[QUOTE=Bugg Superstar;4380202]You're right, our 40 + years of losing was due to the uniform. Had nothing to do with the bad personnel decisions and coaching during that span. Look, I see what your saying but we have changed our uniform twice since Super Bowl 3( 3 times if you count adding black to the uniform in the early 90's) and it hasn't done anything but drive up merchandising sales. Plus I think our uniform is one of the best in the NFL. It's classy, and harkens back to the only time this organization has won sh*t.[/QUOTE]

I agree our current jersey is one of the best, but the league-wide opinion of the Jets doesn't match their Jersey. If we're a second class team, we can't have a first class jersey. The jersey should represent the team, we need something with a bit more punch, something more dynamic. And for those who will say that the team should rise to a first class mentality, I would have to ask you, why haven't they done so already?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetman67;4380116]Its happening and has been in the works since 2010.

Pro Combat Base Layer is whats under the jersey, the Pro Combat Jersey is essentially a sleeveless jersey that fits tight to the Shoulder pads.

Pro Combat football uniforms are a 2 layer uniform.

Sadly, NIKE has decided only to supply jerseys to the larger retailers.[/QUOTE]

That sounds terrible. Like something out of a bad futuristic sci fi movie. I hope it looks better than it sounds.