Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avengers

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;4381642]I used to own prob like 70% of the uncanny xmen comics. Up until maybe 17 when my mother threw them, baseball cards and my star wars figures away because "they are for kids" I still hold that against her.

Coolest thing I saw was my friends older brother has an #1 amazing spiderman in mint condition. It was cool to actually see one.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I still have pretty much everything from Giant Size intro of Wolverine, Storm et al., up to sometime in the mid 90s. I refuse to part with them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;4381642]I used to own prob like 70% of the uncanny xmen comics. Up until maybe 17 when my mother threw them, baseball cards and my star wars figures away because "they are for kids" I still hold that against her.

Coolest thing I saw was my friends older brother has an #1 amazing spiderman in mint condition. It was cool to actually see one.[/QUOTE]

For a short time I owned this
    [IMG]http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/2/2f/X-Men_Vol_1_1.jpg[/IMG]

but when you're in college and need money for smoke.....:(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4381662]Yup, I still have pretty much everything from Giant Size intro of Wolverine, Storm et al., up to sometime in the mid 90s. I refuse to part with them.[/QUOTE]

I had Captain Action when I was a kid (still have him) with outfits of Captain America, Batman, Aquaman and The Phantom.

Queue the "was he taller than you" jokes.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC21RQCVlJg&feature=related[/url]
    _

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4381327]Thats because I hate everything:D

Last movie I saw in theatre was the Grey.....meh at best

Last netflix movies were

Shutter Island - Very good, but figured it out half way through
    Village of the Damned - Trash
    Misery - Awesome

[B]Stokes have you ever seen Mulholland Drive? [/B]I havent watched it in forever but I remember it being awesome.[/QUOTE]

Lesbian scene was the best part.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;4381624]quoted for truth.

Would have been nice to see spidey and wolverine with the avengers.

Are those rights gone forever? I can't see Disney not wanting those rights back[/QUOTE]

Basically the rights don't revert back unless the studio who controls them stops making movies -- they need to make a new movie within a certain timeframe.

So Marvel is unlikely to get Spidey back since Sony will never stop making them, as it's a license to print money -- at least certainly not for awhile. Same with Fox and X-Men, albeit to a lesser extent.

The Marvel properties most likely to revert back to Marvel/Disney in the short term are Fantastic Four and Daredevil. Fox talks about getting reboots off the ground, but there hasn't been much movement.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4381656]I don't have many comics from when I was young, but I still have GI Joe #1.

Somewhere, but it's sealed. I don't think it's worth anything.[/QUOTE]
    GOOGLE IT :)

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4381662]Yup, I still have pretty much everything from Giant Size intro of Wolverine, Storm et al., up to sometime in the mid 90s. I refuse to part with them.[/QUOTE]
    Nice 40 yr old virgin style ;)Nice keepsake to pass to your children. I'm envious
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4381664]For a short time I owned this
    [IMG]http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/2/2f/X-Men_Vol_1_1.jpg[/IMG]

but when you're in college and need money for smoke.....:([/QUOTE]
    that's a cool comic. As a kid I wanted to buy it but couldn't afford it. Guess it worked out cause my mother threw everything out anyways
    [QUOTE=Austin;4381693]Basically the rights don't revert back unless the studio who controls them stops making movies -- they need to make a new movie within a certain timeframe.

So Marvel is unlikely to get Spidey back since Sony will never stop making them, as it's a license to print money -- at least certainly not for awhile. Same with Fox and X-Men, albeit to a lesser extent.

The Marvel properties most likely to revert back to Marvel/Disney in the short term are Fantastic Four and Daredevil. Fox talks about getting reboots off the ground, but there hasn't been much movement.[/QUOTE]
    Ugh. If they were smart they would have followed up X2 with fantastic 4 finding the Phoenix and that story line. Such a waste