Thread: Romney flip flops on Blunt Amendment

Romney flip flops on Blunt Amendment

Some background:

[QUOTE]The "conscience exemption" provision, offered by Sen. Roy Blunt (R., Mo.), would allow employers to omit health-insurance coverage for services that violate their religious or moral convictions. [/QUOTE]

---

Early today:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVXyoW8Jy1M[/url]

And tonight:

[QUOTE]Romney Camp Denies Candidate Opposed to Blunt Amendment

After conflicting reports over whether Mitt Romney told an Ohio TV reporter he opposed the Blunt amendment, which allows employers to deny health care coverage that conflicts with their conscience, the campaign clarified that Romney supports Sen. Roy Blunt's (R-MO) legislation.

“Regarding the Blunt bill, the way the question was asked was confusing," a spokesman told TPM. "Governor Romney supports the Blunt Bill because he believes in a conscience exemption in health care for religious institutions and people of faith.”[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 02-29-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Doesnt matter. I dont think Romney beats Obama either way...Unfortunately

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought this was going to be about Joe Biden proposing making Emily Blunt an Honorary member of Congress.

[QUOTE=quantum;4381597]I thought this was going to be about Joe Biden proposing making Emily Blunt an Honorary member of Congress.[/QUOTE]

You have contributed a lot to the politics forum today. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4381983]You have contributed a lot to the politics forum today. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I believe he misspoke. His spokesperson clarified his position soon after the interview. Happens quite often- nothing to see here.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4381983]You have contributed a lot to the politics forum today. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Maybe he should create multiple usernames and have numerous laughable discussions with himself. And then deny it. And then run away when he gets pwned for it. And then create yet another username and try to slink back in under the radar 6 months later.

Now THAT would be contribution squared.