Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Story: So You Say You Want Braylon Back?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4380240]I for one don't agree that a healthy Braylon is inferior to any of those fellows you mentioned.

[B]Besides, the dude is tailor made for the Jets O and vice versa. I don't see any of those guys playing on the Jets and making the same impact. [/B]Horses for courses and all that.[/QUOTE]

+1 those guys played w the best of the best at QB..besides wayne who is in decline what did those guys do that was so great?? meacham and garcon played in great systems...imo they are unknows if they were signed to come here...we know what were getting in braylon..again only on the cheap..and he should come cheaper than all of those guys

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4380214]I'll say again that I saw Edwards drop a lot of easy catches. I've posted the link before calculating that he was was ranked 40th across 2009-2010 for Recievers who were able to catch all of thier catchable balls.[/QUOTE]

How many catches did he drop in 2010? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cnimbley;4380204]I'll address this now before everyone focuses on just this and runs with it. I decided against listing all the better options for the sake of space, I mentioned Robert Meachem, who I don't even like that much but think is more talented and versatile, and drafting WRs since this class is stocked with talent. I also didn't think a list of receivers better than Braylon was necessarily needed seeing as, like I said, he's a slightly above average WR in a league full of exceptional receivers.

Garcon, Wayne, Meachem are all more talented than Edwards. I'd even say someone like Jerome Simpson is better. Yes the first three will likely be slightly more expensive, but worth it. And as with Simpson I didn't even factor in the off field issues because I don't put as much stock in it as others, but obviously the Jets felt differently and it's easy to understand why.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if any of those are better than Edwards if he is healthy. And the key part that is left out is CHEAP. Garcon just turned down 7 mill a year. Meachum will not come cheap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4380242]Some of these posts make Vin's obsession seem mild. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Feel free to logially dispute anything that has been said. We''ll start with the CHEAP part seeinbg as we are scrambling to sign our nose tackle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4380214]I'll say again that I saw Edwards drop a lot of easy catches. I've posted the link before calculating that he was was ranked 40th across 2009-2010 for Recievers who were able to catch all of thier catchable balls.[/QUOTE]

And I posted an article that explained in the 2010 offseason Braylon worked with the jets WR coach Ellard and identified a flaw which caused his drops. He corrected it and had only 2 (i believe that was the number) drops during the 2010 season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4380341]And I posted an article that explained in the 2010 offseason Braylon worked with the jets WR coach Ellard and identified a flaw which caused his drops. He corrected it and had only 2 (i believe that was the number) drops during the 2010 season.[/QUOTE]

I hope [b]JetsNeedNewton[/b] reads this.

Especially the "2 whole drops during the 2010 season" part.

"..drop a lot of easy catches", my ass. :nono:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4380341]And I posted an article that explained in the 2010 offseason Braylon worked with the jets WR coach Ellard and identified a flaw which caused his drops. He corrected it and had only 2 (i believe that was the number) drops during the 2010 season.[/QUOTE]

4, but that is still a tiny number. 3 less than Greg Jennings, one more than Fitz for reference.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vin my friend you are late to the boards, esp given this glorious news lol. Right hand too tired to click... :P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4380350]Vin my friend you are late to the boards, esp given this glorious news lol. Right hand too tired to click... :P[/QUOTE]

Dude, the only thing I use my right hand for is downing bottles of Heineken....just like I was doing earlier when I discovered this terrific news. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4380354]Dude, the only thing I use my right hand for is downing bottles of Heineken....just like I was doing earlier when I discovered this terrific news. :D[/QUOTE]

I heard if you are drunk enough AND sit on your hand for a while... I'm just saying... a thought... :P lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4380366]I heard if you are drunk enough AND sit on your hand for a while... I'm just saying... a thought... :P lol[/QUOTE]

You are one sick puppy... :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4380239]Well, if his health isn't stopping you from wanting him, his personality should. We have one cancer (Holmes) and should steer clear of all others (you saw what happened with Burress).[/QUOTE]

That's a load of b/s. Please cite the examples that show BE was a cancer while being a Jet? The guy loved playing here and it showed -- on and off the field. He made one mistake, DUI. Can we stop as if he shot someone. I would be happy to field a team of BEs -- heart, passion, desire to win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4380374]That's a load of b/s. Please cite the examples that show BE was a cancer while being a Jet? The guy loved playing here and it showed -- on and off the field. He made one mistake, DUI. Can we stop as if he shot someone. I would be happy to field a team of BEs -- heart, passion, desire to win.[/QUOTE]

I can count on one hand the number of posters here who don't want him back no matter what(healthy or not). It's so amusing to see those posters pitch such a hissy-fit about it. Their tears taste so delicious. lol. :cool:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4380379]I can count on one hand the number of posters here who don't want him back no matter what(healthy or not). It's so amusing to see those posters pitch such a hissy-fit about it. Their tears taste so delicious. lol. :cool:[/QUOTE]
    Ain't that The Truth!!

"Sanchez to Edwards for the 60 yard gamewinner!!"