Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyvon Branch

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4380458]You have to pay guys to replace the ones you're cutting ya dummy...

You guys are ****ed this season... Rebuilding time again but with a vet QB lol[/QUOTE]

I don't want to derail the thread. Here is the point Raiders easy were a playoff team last year if they didn't suffer the injuries they did on offense, that with a defense that was anemic.(kind word for stunk) That Raiders offense is loaded top to bottom with play makers. IT will be the Houston Texan type of offense. (alot more explosive) This offense could be as good as any one in the league. (how many teams went real far just with high powered offense and questionable defense)

The Raiders can get under the cap easily and not have to cut anyone( well the J Henderson, C Johnson and E Hiriam who are gone) if they are willing to restructure some of these contracts. Will they, no one can answer that, as this is a new regime. ( background is defense)
    Now Raiders are going to be a hybrid 3-4(more 3-4) 4-3 defense. Now you trade a Tom Kelly (One their better Dlineman) You still Have Desmond Bryant( way cheaper ) NT LO Houston RDE R Seymour Matt Sahughnessy would play outside lB position in 3-4 and De in 4-3. I expect A Curry to be restructure .

Im not going to keep blabber on. The point is Raiders general manager strength is the draft and finding undrafting Fa's . ( Ron wolf said he one of the best talent evaluator) They should have five picks in this draft.(after compensation picks) That without moving some of players I mention players in possibe trade ( T Kelly, K wimbley- could even Franchise tag T Branch and trade him. Again don't have to trade any of these players if they don't want to.

hEre the players I think have good chance to be raiders next year Raiders Cb Tracy Porter and Manny Lawson ( Raiders new Dc was his LB coach when he had his best season in the NFl)
    Final Point This defense doesn't have to be a top ten defense in 2012 . All they have to be is average 15- 18 and this team can go real far in the playoffs. (see what there coach did for Denver defense)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-01-2012 at 07:46 AM.

What about Michael Huff, he seems like a bigger question mark with his salary then Branch.

I find it funny that Wimbley may be "traded if he doesn't restructure"....although he's a much better player then scott, there isn't much of a market for trading overpaid players with guaranteed deals.

[QUOTE=ratliff5;4380463]good idea cut half ur defense in order to resign just one safety seems pretty pointless. think before you type next time. u can get under the cap fine but at the risk of having the worst defense in the league[/QUOTE]

They don't have to cut anyone they can easily restructure those contracts if they want. Raiders head coach speciality is defense. Reggie Mckenzie and Him might want to start bringing in the type of player they want to make up their defense. Most all the big money is on a defense that just didn't play last year .(tape doesn't lie did a lot of those players even try) The offense is cheap and despite crioppling injuries still was very effective.

Reggie Mckenzie made his living by finding players for the packers. (man knows talent)

There offense is going to be unbelievable and outside backup Qb and M Bush replacement most of the moves they make will be addressing defense.

Again the reason you sign that safety( T Branch) he 25 who in time Improves his coverage ability is a pro bowl safety.(just stratching surface of how good he can be) you don't lose players liike that. You start to build the defense around Those kind of players on defense.

Even K Wimbley 28 going in prime years. Profoottball focus rated him as one most successful Pass rushers getting to the QB last year. Is it his fault, last year Dc was putting him more in coverage(not his strength) than playing to his strength rushing the passer . The Raiders and Wimbley are playing a game of chicken to see who blinks first. ( K Wimbley going to win because he guaranteed 6.5 million regardles and easy makes up the rest on free agent market) IF you play 3-4 you need Olb's that can get to the Qb. He can and if he used right is defintely worth the money they are paying him.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-01-2012 at 08:36 AM.

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4380498]What about Michael Huff, he seems like a bigger question mark with his salary then Branch.

I find it funny that Wimbley may be "traded if he doesn't restructure"....although he's a much better player then scott, there isn't much of a market for trading overpaid players with guaranteed deals.[/QUOTE]
    Branch is hard not to see them wanting him back- He only going to get a lot better in time.
    Huff Raiders aren't sure what position they will play him at. IF he plays Cb(would have to be in zone, i don't think he a man to man cb's. He can eat up the big time Te in man coverage, but The wr are a different story if ask to cover them in man coverage. The salary probably isn't that far out of whack(playing CB) with some kind of restructure.

Here is why you can trade K Wimbley. Yes he guaranteed 6.5 million. (Raiders would have to eat) They would save five million. Everyone looking for pass rushers who are at a premium. Wimbley enter his prime. (how many years have the jets been looking for that guy) R Mckenzie should be able to get a second round pick for him. MCkenzie got the raider GM job because of his eye for talent .
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-01-2012 at 09:19 AM.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4380422]They easily get under the cap. Seymour On books for 15 million.(guarantee) but won't count anywhere near that for this season) C Palmer 12.5 millon (restructure- as he going to be their Qb at least next 4 years) J Henderson 4.5 million will be cut a Curry 5.5 (restructured or I think he takes a pay cut or cut) Tom kelly 6 million ( could be cut or traded even though had better year than seymour who was injured last year) Chris Johnson 3.5 million (cut) Wimbley 11 million(6.5 million guaranteed) Might see a trade if he doesn't restructure. (Raiders best pass rusher) M Huff- 8 million E Hiriam 2.5 million will be cut.

The problem not getting under the cap. (thats easy) Most of the big money tied up in a defense that underperfomed last year. Raiders new coach background is defense and might want to start to bring in his own guys.[/QUOTE]

since you just said this will happen, I expect the exact opposite to occur.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380561]since you just said this will happen, I expect the exact opposite to occur.[/QUOTE]

Again I didn't say anything definite. (just possibilities) This is a new regime and no one knows how they operate. This is a new book that a lot harder to draw conclusion from. (no basis to fall back on) IF it was Al Davis it would be pretty easy. They wouldn't cut anyone but restructure these players. That might not be the case with these guys.

All I'm saying for certain is Raiders won't have any problem getting under the cap + keeping players they want to keep.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-01-2012 at 09:34 AM.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4380573]Again[B] I didn't say anything definite. [/B](just possibilities) This is a new regime and no one knows how they operate. This is a new book that a lot harder to draw conclusion from. (no basis to fall back on) IF it was Al Davis it would be pretty easy. They wouldn't cut anyone but restructure these players. That might not be the case with these guys.

[B]All I'm saying for certain is Raiders won't have any problem getting under the cap + keeping players they want to keep.[/B][/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380581]:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What part did you not understand. When you get a new general manager your going to tell me you would know what hes going to do. (okay Mrs Cleo):rolleyes:

Getting under the cap won't be a problem. Reggie Mckenzie has already stated this countless times in interviews. So gi9ve it a break already.

Getting back to the thread. Tyvon Branch is going no where. He 25 year old who has chance to be a pro bowl safety in this league. (teams don't let those players leave).
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-01-2012 at 09:45 AM.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4380600]What part did you not understand. When you get a new general manager your going to tell me you would know what hes going to do. (okay Mrs Cleo):rolleyes:

Getting under the cap won't be a problem. Reggie Mckenzie has already stated this countless times in interviews. So gi9ve it a break already.

Getting back to the thread. Tyvon Branch is going no where. He 25 year old who has chance to be a pro bowl safety in this league. (teams don't let those players leave).[/QUOTE]

I never told you anything of what he's going to do. YOU are the one telling me what he's going to do!!

I don't understand you are claiming nothing you are saying is definitive, then saying X will definitely happen...

lmao

All League
    Good idea. Trade the best player on the defense in Kamerion Wimbley. :rolleyes:

That's a viewpoint some Jets fans can identify with I guess.

All League
    Welp. Raiders are screwed I guess.

[quote]NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that the Raiders will release OLB Kam Wimbley if he does not agree to a pay cut before March 13.[/quote]

[QUOTE=ozu;4380742]Welp. Raiders are screwed I guess.[/QUOTE]

He is a guy I'd definitely make a play on, depending on the price. Sadly, I imagine he'll price out way too high. But who knows. The more supply the better in my mind.

[QUOTE=TheMo;4380746]He is a guy I'd definitely make a play on, depending on the price. Sadly, I imagine he'll price out way too high. But who knows. The more supply the better in my mind.[/QUOTE]

i trade Scott and get rid of Bryan Thomas for Wimbley.

Branch is awesome, but unless McKenzie botches the Huff situation horribly which isn't likely, I don't think the Jets have a shot at him.

I just want to point out:

Branch is going to get better. Griffin is basically at his peak. Branch was a corner in college and I think he will be a solid guy against the pass moving forward.......

Interestingly enough, Huff actually is decent in coverage.....If he gets cut he wouldn't be a bad target if you can get him at a low price as a rotational safety on passing downs.

All League
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4380783]Branch is awesome, but unless McKenzie botches the Huff situation horribly which isn't likely, I don't think the Jets have a shot at him.

I just want to point out:

Branch is going to get better. Griffin is basically at his peak. Branch was a corner in college and I think he will be a solid guy against the pass moving forward.......

Interestingly enough, Huff actually is decent in coverage.....If he gets cut he wouldn't be a bad target if you can get him at a low price as a rotational safety on passing downs.[/QUOTE]

This is why I hate the idea of drafting Safeties with high picks. Griffin, Huff, Merriweather, Whitnier, and countless others that are replaceable and/or cut shortly after they're drafted.

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4380828]This is why I hate the idea of drafting Safeties with high picks. Griffin, Huff, Merriweather, Whitnier, and countless others that are replaceable and/or cut shortly after they're drafted.[/QUOTE]

Well Whitner was a good pick. He's underrated.

With that said, he was part of that John McCargo set of eye-crossing draft picks that the Bills made that was one of the worst arguably ever........

The thing is that the position has evolved. Now you want a big fast guy who can hit, stop the run, and cover TE's who are running 4.4's now.....

As such, former Pro-bowlers like Roy Williams aren't even in the league because they basically had 0 coverage skills. This is a massive problem because you are trying to draft a once-a-generation player (Ed Reed) or completely working your scheme around your safety to basically turn him into a "roamer," (Polamalu).

I wouldn't even classify Polamalu as a Safety, he just basically does whatever the hell he wants.

These guys emerge rarely. I wish Cromartie knew how to hit, he'd be incredible.

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4380828]This is why I hate the idea of drafting Safeties with high picks. [B]Griffin[/B], Huff, Merriweather, Whitnier, and countless others that are replaceable and/or cut shortly after they're drafted.[/QUOTE]

the titans are trying to bring back griffin on a long term deal so hes not being cut or replaced

All League
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4380859[B]]Well Whitner was a good pick. [/B] He's underrated.

With that said, he was part of that John McCargo set of eye-crossing draft picks that the Bills made that was one of the worst arguably ever........

The thing is that the position has evolved. Now you want a big fast guy who can hit, stop the run, and cover TE's who are running 4.4's now.....

As such, former Pro-bowlers like Roy Williams aren't even in the league because they basically had 0 coverage skills. This is a massive problem because you are trying to draft a once-a-generation player (Ed Reed) or completely working your scheme around your safety to basically turn him into a "roamer," (Polamalu).

I wouldn't even classify Polamalu as a Safety, he just basically does whatever the hell he wants.

These guys emerge rarely. I wish Cromartie knew how to hit, he'd be incredible.[/QUOTE]

[B]EIGHTH PICK in the draft[/B] good? No way. They're almost always not worth it. Ed Reed was a once in a lifetime pick... I wouldn't even look at Safety in the Draft until the 4th or 5th round.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380629]I never told you anything of what he's going to do. YOU are the one telling me what he's going to do!!

I don't understand you are claiming nothing you are saying is definitive, then saying X will definitely happen...

lmao[/QUOTE]

Again there are only so many things they can do to get under the cap. Carson Palmer counts 12.5 million . It doesn't hurt to restructure as barring injury will be there Qb for the next four years. R Seymour counts 15 million dollars. (guarantee) Very doubtful he counts anywhere near that. J Henderson will be cut 4 million savings. (effective player just can't stay healthy anymore) Eugene Hiriam 2.5 . Right there can get them under. A Curry will most likely be restructured about 4- 5 million in savings.

Right there with out taking any more contracts they are under the cap and can sign T Branch.(that WHAT this thread was about)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-01-2012 at 01:02 PM.

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4380870][B]EIGHTH PICK in the draft[/B] good? No way. They're almost always not worth it. Ed Reed was a once in a lifetime pick... I wouldn't even look at Safety in the Draft until the 4th or 5th round.[/QUOTE]

Well as I said, that's Buffalo. That draft for them was especially terrible.

John McCargo..........