Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tyvon Branch

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380629]I never told you anything of what he's going to do. YOU are the one telling me what he's going to do!!

I don't understand you are claiming nothing you are saying is definitive, then saying X will definitely happen...

lmao[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PMarsico9;4380783]Branch is awesome, but unless McKenzie botches the Huff situation horribly which isn't likely, I don't think the Jets have a shot at him.

I just want to point out:

Branch is going to get better. Griffin is basically at his peak. Branch was a corner in college and I think he will be a solid guy against the pass moving forward.......

Interestingly enough, Huff actually is decent in coverage.....If he gets cut he wouldn't be a bad target if you can get him at a low price as a rotational safety on passing downs.[/QUOTE]

M huff doesn't have anything to do with Tyvon Branch situation. Raiders aren't even sure where they are going to play M huff if he back. He might be a cornerback in a zone defense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4380678]Good idea. Trade the best player on the defense in Kamerion Wimbley. :rolleyes:

That's a viewpoint some Jets fans can identify with I guess.[/QUOTE]

Your not grasping the situation. The 2012 Raiders will be as successful as far as their offense takes them.(it should be light out good) . The defense was atrocious last year, especially that where all the out of whack massive contracts are.
    This is a new staff who background is defense. They aren't loyal to any of these players.

Some of these players might be good, they don't care as they have a price they are willing to pay each of these players. Either player accepts it or shown the door. Sure it hurts there salary Cap this year but gets that contract off there books and they can bring there type of players they are looking for in al ot faster.

Like I said they can easily restructure these players and get under the cap. Even have some money to play with in free agency. They look like they might tear down the foundation on defense, than apply a band aid approach.

Here is Raider beat writer Fact 1: Raiders have ALWAYS had zero problem dealing with cap stuff; Fact 2: A completely new regime, no way to know their approach.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-01-2012 at 01:57 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4380954]Your not grasping the situation. The 2012 Raiders will be as successful as far as their offense takes them.(it should be light out good) . The defense was atrocious last year, especially that where all the out of whack massive contracts are.
    This is a new staff who background is defense. They aren't loyal to any of these players.

Some of these players might be good, they don't care as they have a price they are willing to pay each of these players. Either player accepts it or shown the door. Sure it hurts there salary Cap this year but gets that contract off there books and they can bring there type of players they are looking for in al ot faster.

Like I said they can easily restructure these players and get under the cap. Even have some money to play with in free agency. They look like they might tear down the foundation on defense, than apply a band aid approach.

Here is Raider beat writer[B] Fact 1: Raiders have ALWAYS had zero problem dealing with cap stuff;[/B] Fact 2: A completely new regime, no way to know their approach.[/QUOTE]

:eek: they overpay and put themselves in these very situations every year. them constantly climbing out of a hole does not mean they have had zero problems dealing with the cap...it means they have to scramble to fix their mistakes. that beat writer you are sourcing (whoever it is) is a moron.

as for fact 2, that's exactly the point...so stop saying who they will restructure and who they won't and how easy it will be...wimbley is already telling the raiders to shove it....more will follow.

i expect you to say how easily the raiders will handle their cap and in your mind be a superbowl contender again...but reality is they have done absolutely nothing to show they are either cap savvy or recognize talent.

until then there is nothing to discuss.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raiders are reportedly placing the franchise tag on Branch

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huff is increasingly looking like a FA.

Works for me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4381203]Raiders are reportedly placing the franchise tag on Branch[/QUOTE]

Yep, just reported on NFL live

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4381232]Huff is increasingly looking like a FA.

Works for me.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily the case. M Huff might play Cb or FS. He might be the starting Cb. Really comes down to what he willing to take.

Sounds like M huff is staying.
    Michael Huff ‏ @Huffy247
    Had a great talk with D.A. and I love what he has planned for us on D.
    Retweeted by Steve Corkran

Raiders aren't going to talk about the defense with him if he wasn't coming back(something was worked out)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-02-2012 at 05:22 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4381232]Huff is increasingly looking like a FA.

Works for me.[/QUOTE]

No thanks. Michael Huff is horrible.

Tyvon Branch is the only FA Safety that's worth a pay day. Landry is an injury waiting to happen and Griffin's a JAG.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Decoud is the guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4381399]No thanks. Michael Huff is horrible.

Tyvon Branch is the only FA Safety that's worth a pay day. Landry is an injury waiting to happen and Griffin's a JAG.[/QUOTE]

Branch is a run guy, we need a safety that can cover. Griffin can.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4381499]Branch is a run guy, we need a safety that can cover. Griffin can.[/QUOTE]

Thats not true. Right now, He is probably more effective pass defender in a zone defense than playing in a man to man defense. In time he should develop to play in that kind of scheme.(man to man) It like a game against the Bills he was in coverage with the TE . (man to man) He was in perfect position should have intercept it to end the game. (step right in front of Te) Some how the ball went right through his hands for a Td.

[url]http://www.raiders.ninjagoro.com/2011/10/the-last-play-10-men-on-defense/[/url]

[url]http://www.raiders.ninjagoro.com/2011/10/tyvon-branchs-great-play-on-a-screen-pass/[/url]
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-02-2012 at 05:25 PM.